Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think we need equipment sets for companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I think we need equipment sets for companion

ceryxp
07.26.2021 , 07:54 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
Haven't played in over 5yrs. Where do I buy these things?

Outer ring on the Republic and Imperial fleets in the Strongholds & Crew Skills section. Look for the Conquest Rewards Vendor.
≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈
Just your average, opinionated, disabled, queer gaymer.

Darth-Obvious
07.26.2021 , 07:57 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
I craft, so I usually get 4 to 6 companions on each of my main crafter alts to 50 to speed things up a bit. Compendiums that instantly get a comp to 50 just cost IIRC 3 mil and a dark project on fleet.
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
4.25 million and 3 Dark Projects, but certainly worth the price to save on an RSI.
If it was cross legacy I'd probably max out every companion or at least a large number of them for story, combat, and crafting purposes.

For example, let's say you were starting a new character/alt to (re)play the story. You could immediately grab whatever companions you have unlocked via legacy (Treek, HK, Darth Hexid, etc) allowing you to use a fully ranked comp from the start of the story before you even get your first story companion. Then once you get to fleet and get your crew skills you'd already have a few max influence comps unlocked that you could immediately start using for crafting.

Another benefit/bonus would be that as you play through the story any comps that you're forced to use would be their best selves. This would be especially helpful when replaying through stuff like KOTFE during the points where your forced to use comps like Lana.

xordevoreaux
07.26.2021 , 08:10 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
Haven't played in over 5yrs. Where do I buy these things?
Pub side: a droid named V1C-ORY standing next to Officer Yolten (Flagship Commissioner)
Imp side: a droid named V1C-ORY standing next to General Hathkor (Planetary Conquest Equipment)

https://i.imgur.com/IYK7WLx.png
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

xordevoreaux
07.26.2021 , 08:17 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
If it was cross legacy I'd probably max out every companion or at least a large number of them for story, combat, and crafting purposes.

For example, let's say you were starting a new character/alt to (re)play the story. You could immediately grab whatever companions you have unlocked via legacy (Treek, HK, Darth Hexid, etc) allowing you to use a fully ranked comp from the start of the story before you even get your first story companion. Then once you get to fleet and get your crew skills you'd already have a few max influence comps unlocked that you could immediately start using for crafting.

Another benefit/bonus would be that as you play through the story any comps that you're forced to use would be their best selves. This would be especially helpful when replaying through stuff like KOTFE during the points where your forced to use comps like Lana.
I don't doubt that would be easier, but maybe Bioware thinks we appreciate what our comps do more if we must work to get them to 50 influence, or perhaps (some) people like running around with a level 1 influence comp (because they want to run around with a comp) but not have the companion so overpowered that all the player is doing is walking behind the comp looting corpses while the comp does all the work.
About my SWTOR guilds

Tsillah
07.26.2021 , 08:52 AM | #55
I don't doubt that would be easier, but maybe Bioware thinks we appreciate what our comps do more if we must work to get them to 50 influence, or perhaps (some) people like running around with a level 1 influence comp (because they want to run around with a comp) but not have the companion so overpowered that all the player is doing is walking behind the comp looting corpses while the comp does all the work.
I think that might be a bit optimistic. To me an influence 50 companion is the baseline these days. When I need a companion at influence 50 I have the dark projects already and 4.25M is peanuts in this economy.

And if you want a level 1 companion you might as well not bring it at all. It shouldn't really matter for the difficulty lol
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

xordevoreaux
07.26.2021 , 09:01 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I think that might be a bit optimistic. To me an influence 50 companion is the baseline these days. When I need a companion at influence 50 I have the dark projects already and 4.25M is peanuts in this economy.

And if you want a level 1 companion you might as well not bring it at all. It shouldn't really matter for the difficulty lol
Other reasons to run around with a level 1 influence companion:
Eye candy
Head canon
Just because
About my SWTOR guilds

Tsillah
07.26.2021 , 09:13 AM | #57
Other reasons to run around with a level 1 influence companion:
Eye candy
Head canon
Just because
Fair enough.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

JCDenton
07.26.2021 , 10:46 AM | #58
I don't miss scrambling to gear T7 so I could survive fighting the emperor. But I suppose I do miss being able to build up a companion. Something else to progress on, at least.

Darth-Obvious
07.26.2021 , 10:53 AM | #59
I don't doubt that would be easier, but maybe Bioware thinks we appreciate what our comps do more if we must work to get them to 50 influence
Bioware introduced an item to instantly reach max influence with comps. That klnd of goes against wanting people to appreciate it.

Quote:
or perhaps (some) people like running around with a level 1 influence comp
What I'm suggesting doesn't eliminate that possibility unless you collect/have every companion and raise them all to max level which is a very unlikely scenario even when you factor in alts.

There are currently 97 companions in the game (not counting the 10 temporary companions you get for speicifc story purposes) so I feel like people are always going to have options if they want to run around with a level 1 comp even if Influence is shared across Legacy.

Quote:
(because they want to run around with a comp) but not have the companion so overpowered that all the player is doing is walking behind the comp looting corpses while the comp does all the work.
There are people that feel that's already the case with companions, that they make things too easy, etc.

Sarova
07.26.2021 , 11:45 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Agreed. But I would not mind having outfit tabs for companions.
Came here to say this, didn't need to Glad companion stats are gone, however I would LOVE outfit tabs for my companions. My friend is always laughing at me for my character outfit madness, however I cannot take my companions to Hoth without their cold weather outfit! That's just mean!
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi