What's your pre-expansion to-do list?

RBWTOR

With the expansion coming out on Dec 14, we have 3 and a half weeks left to get ready. What's on your to-do list?

I'm currently looking at:

* Getting the 100 Renown achievements on all 8 classes (I've given up on the level 999 achievement!)

* Completing some more armor set achievements (I don't think I'll be able to get all of them, but I can get a couple more at least)

* Getting all 8 classes through the storyline

How about you?

Getting the last four Renown 100 achievements. I'm still working on Renown 999, and hoping for one last Double Rewards event, but we'll see.

And since I have 306 gear, I'm also working on finishing the Eternal Championship chevos (Just need to take four more classes through the championship), and KotET Chapter II in Master Mode. I soloed the rest of KotFE and KotET Master Mode, and have all the other achievements, except for KotET Chapter 2. That one is... painful. :rak_01:

For those looking to collect on soon-to-be unobtainables, renown and social points are the thing to do. The armor sets will still be obtainable via Kai Zykken’s random item box, and DvL tokens will be available again at some point.

The legacy renown titles and character-specific social rank titles will no longer be available though. Been running FPs like crazy to finish the renown achievements. For social points, will probably try to find three people to farm Black Talon/Esseles with while using a social boost.

Finish getting all of my present alts through at least Chapter One of the core game.

Make final decisions regarding the new alts I'm planning for 7.0. (I know I want a single-pistol CS for an Agent, but I haven't decided if I want the 'covert ops' Scoundrel or the 'James Bond Gadgets' Powertech.)

Watch plenty of Illeva, SWTORista and other videos on the changes to mentally prepare myself.

And somehow between now and then I also have to deal with IRL issues relating to American Turkey Day (on which I usually eat ham. Go figure.).

Enjoy the game before the downgrade....

Mostly been enjoying the characters feeling actually powerful before the hardcore nerf thats incoming.

Did a 5 man eyeless with no tank a couple nights ago, mostly undermanned OPS. 4 manning 8 man ops. Clearing 16 mans with 6 or 7, etc.

Gonna try 3 manning an Eternity Vault tomorrow night as 4 is the lowest we've done it with yet.

Enjoying PvP before its nerfed and turned into capped content.

Enjoying playing with stats and weird builds before that customization goes away. Exploring utilities, etc.

But yeah just trying to get the most out of it before they remove virtually all the reasons I like the game.

Edited by TheVoyant

Enjoying playing with stats and weird builds before that customization goes away. Exploring utilities, etc.

I can agree that the gearing changes are not good but I will have to disagree with that, most of the choices we have now with the advanced classes are very boring, somewhat overly general and focused more on defense/survival.

The 7.0 system has choices that focus a lot more on specific skills so it will allow for a lot more different builds than we currently have, there's some really nice heavy single target burst vs aoe choices and some others that increase the crit of certain core ability or change the way an ability functions like shock for madness sorc.

I will say i am quite excited for the new talent tree, it seems way better than any previous incarnation imo.

I can agree that the gearing changes are not good but I will have to disagree with that, most of the choices we have now with the advanced classes are very boring, somewhat overly general and focused more on defense/survival.

The 7.0 system has choices that focus a lot more on specific skills so it will allow for a lot more different builds than we currently have, there's some really nice heavy single target burst vs aoe choices and some others that increase the crit of certain core ability or change the way an ability functions like shock for madness sorc.

I will say i am quite excited for the new talent tree, it seems way better than any previous incarnation imo.

24 options mixed with Stats you change with all your abilities vs. Some of your abilities and 3 of those have a choice between 3.

I get most people are clueless on gearing or how actually versatile this system is.... But then again most people look at Vulkk guides for stats/builds.

Its less choices. Less Abilities. Less customization of build. Which was an area they needed MORE of not less.

Edited by TheVoyant

24 options mixed with Stats you change with all your abilities vs. Some of your abilities and 3 of those have a choice between 3.

I get most people are clueless on gearing or how actually versatile this system is.... But then again most people look at Vulkk guides for stats/builds.

Its less choices. Less Abilities. Less customization of build. Which was an area they needed MORE of not less.

I can agree the amount of choices and possible combinations is less but the choices, especially how some core abilities are changed for some classes feel a lot more impactful since it directly affects major class abilities compared to the previous system where it was usually mostly defensive/cooldown related choices

Like i am quite excited for my PT to have 30% more immolate damage after flaming fist, and then there's another passive that will increase immolate damage by 30% later on meaning we ll be seeing some juicy immolate crits. That for me at least is a lot more exciting than pyro shield does passive damage to enemies or hydrolic overrides last 4 more seconds with more speed

I agree that you are right, many people just blindly follow guides but I feel in swtor there's a lot more people that make their own choices because unlike games like WoW there isnt a huge amount of pressure to play le meta outside of nim, and even then you can still play your own build if you are decent and understand your class.

Finish my last heroic star fortress in case it gets harder after the update.

Try to get my knight to renown 100 (probably won't make it though, and I'll still be missing the bounty hunter regardless).

Try to collect a few more tech frag sets.

Collect the outfits from the starter planets, which are being removed, on all the alts I haven't started yet (really upset about this - those outfits are cool).

Take screenshots of quickbars on all characters since I heard they are being reset.

I'm going to try and get more of the sets. Gambling with Kia is a horrible way to try and finish collecting sets. But terrible odds are better than nothing :rolleyes: I'm too far way from renown 100 to bother with. I need to double check that all of my younger alts have finished their starter planet sets. I need to decide if I'm going to keep testing on the PTS. Is there any point? Nothing looks finished there, so I don't want to submit anything to TorFashion yet.

What's your pre-expansion to-do list?

1. Not to hyperventilate about what's on the PTS
  2. As a GL, work closely with my guildies to set a tone and expectation and reassure players that the wheels won't fall off the wagon come December 14th.
  3. Not stress about achievements I won't be able to complete in time, like the "Everyone Knows My Name" renown attainment quest.
  4. Participate in the regularly-scheduled ops and events my guild has planned
  5. Melt 4 legacy cargo tabs full of 306 gear / mods
  6. Decorate the hell out of parts of my guild stronghold and ship I've been ignoring
  7. Refute stupidity / ignorance / hysteria about 7.0 on the forums
  8. Play my toons

1. Not to hyperventilate about what's on the PTS
  2. As a GL, work closely with my guildies to set a tone and expectation and reassure players that the wheels won't fall off the wagon come December 14th.
  3. Not stress about achievements I won't be able to complete in time, like the "Everyone Knows My Name" renown attainment quest.
  4. Participate in the regularly-scheduled ops and events my guild has planned
  5. Melt 4 legacy cargo tabs full of 306 gear / mods
  6. Decorate the hell out of parts of my guild stronghold and ship I've been ignoring
  7. Refute stupidity / ignorance / hysteria about 7.0 on the forums
  8. Play my toons

9. Come back after the expansion drops and apologize for downplaying fears and concerns.

9. Come back after the expansion drops and apologize for downplaying fears and concerns.

I never said 7.0 would be absolutely flawless out of the gate. It will probably go through as many gyrations the first week of its release that 2.0 did. But to believe what's on PTS is final now with any given feature is as baseless as what some accuse me of being regarding not hyperventilating about it.

I never said 7.0 would be absolutely flawless out of the gate. It will probably go through as many gyrations the first week of its release that 2.0 did. But to believe what's on PTS is final now with any given feature is as baseless as what some accuse me of being regarding not hyperventilating about it.

(Preface, I've seen and heard this before)

Player_1: "Man, I'm reading about some of the changes in 7.0, I dunno....."

Defender_of_the_Faith: "Pfft, it's just social media, don't worry about it"

Player_1: "I got into early testing, there are some significant changes"

DOTF: "The expansion is over a year away, they'll fix things"

Player_1: "I left feedback, but there are a lot of problems with this new expansion"

DOTF: "It's still six months from possible release, it'll all get worked out"

Player_1: "We're less than a month away, and certain areas are still buggy"

DOTF: "Don't worry, it won't go live like that"

Expansion: RELEASE

Player_1: "Sheesh, all of the things I was worried about went live"

DOTF: "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING!"

DOTF_2: "They'll fix it first patch"

(As I said, I've seen this before)

Collect the outfits from the starter planets, which are being removed, on all the alts I haven't started yet (really upset about this - those outfits are cool).

Oh no, they're really doing that? The ones we wear at the very start, as well? Man I loved some of those :(

Where did they say that?

And since I have 306 gear, I'm also working on finishing the Eternal Championship chevos (Just need to take four more classes through the championship), and KotET Chapter II in Master Mode

Great point! You always have the best gear right before the next expansion, so this is the perfect time to work on any solo stuff like that. I wonder if I could finally pull off the 15 minute eternal championship achievement...

Side note for KotET chapter 2: it's possible to get a buddy to join you and bring a healing companion (or whatever companion would help the most). There's a special "summon to story instance" or something you can do through the right-click menu.

I'm going to try and get more of the sets. Gambling with Kia is a horrible way to try and finish collecting sets.

I'm with you - I'll finish what I can now and may or may not even try later. If it's truly random then it'll be almost impossible to get what you actually want.

Take screenshots of quickbars on all characters since I heard they are being reset.

I hadn't thought about this one, but definitely seems wise. I know some people are excited to try different skill options, but I'd probably prefer to get through the story with a familiar playstyle and then maybe start switching things up / trying things out.

Oh no, they're really doing that? The ones we wear at the very start, as well? Man I loved some of those :(

Where did they say that?

You still get the 3 piece grey set from character creation. (I think. I didn't think to test that.) They didn't inform us of the starter planet quest reward changes, but it is on the PTS. What is there now is a mess. There are a couple pieces of a new, fairly generic set, but it's not a full 7 piece set. The side quests still give bits and pieces of the 2 old 6 & 7 piece sets, but now you can't get the main pieces. Who knows what they intend to go live with since they completely ignore every question and comment on the PTS. It is all so unfinished and buggy, I don't know what they were thinking putting it on the PTS in that state and then asking for feedback..

The current starter planet sets incase people forgot.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Where did they say that?

I heard it from someone here on the forums. Apparently they've changed the rewards to something else on the PTS.

Other people are upset about all sorts of things with 7.0, but for me this is the most upsetting :(

I don't have a list per say but I do plan to pass time with a Sith Marauder I made until December 13th.

I did create other characters but only to see what designs I like the most and what would fit characters I have in mind after "Legacy of the Sith" is released.