Anyone else hoping for at least one cool cutscene moment for OUR characters in 7.0?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

As for coolness

My toons haven't felt cool in quite some time. These last couple expacs for our toons had us getting beat up, being stupid and just looking weak in general. I get that we can't be OP all the time, but I'd like to have awesome moments like Din Jarrin taking down a Krayt dragon on The Mandolorian.

Agreed. like I said in the original post, the only time in recent memory I can remember my toon being cool would be the Arcann fight in KOTFE. Also, killing him in KOTET looks cool, I think, haven't done that in a while tho so I'm not sure. The Malgus fight can be cool too I guess. But we get far too many things like Senya tossing us aside like a wet tissue so she can fight Vaylin... That one still bugs me

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This might be due to the fact that so many people were very tired of being the chosen one after KotX. BioWare just swung the bat too far in the other direction, it seems.

This probably. Besides the chosen one thing, it'd also just have been nice not to be forced to be the commander. My female smuggler would realistically have been out of there in no time, flying away with Gaunt, Hylo, Vette and Kaliyo to go find her old crew and get back to mischief.

Give me the same story, or a similar one, but working as a volunteer or merc under Lana as commander or something, that would have been amazing. Also I hopefully wouldn't have had to play the boring weapon-building story featuring New Satele and Marr's broody ghost.

This probably. Besides the chosen one thing, it'd also just have been nice not to be forced to be the commander. My female smuggler would realistically have been out of there in no time, flying away with Gaunt, Hylo, Vette and Kaliyo to go find her old crew and get back to mischief.

Give me the same story, or a similar one, but working as a volunteer or merc under Lana as commander or something, that would have been amazing. Also I hopefully wouldn't have had to play the boring weapon-building story featuring New Satele and Marr's broody ghost.

That is a boring a chapter. I think the lesson it was meant to teach was the option to let Arcann be redeemed. Up to that point everyone would rightfully feel they need to kill Arcann. When Senya pleads, that chapter tells you you won't get screwed over if you do. More so in Eternal Throne on Voss. Letting Senya save Arcann, as an analogy to the Mother Cave Creature and the two children you killed, you won't regret that choice. As the story goes you don't, not that you like Arcann's timing when he returns. Of course you can still have the die Arcann die story if you want.

Agreed. like I said in the original post, the only time in recent memory I can remember my toon being cool would be the Arcann fight in KOTFE. Also, killing him in KOTET looks cool, I think, haven't done that in a while tho so I'm not sure. The Malgus fight can be cool too I guess. But we get far too many things like Senya tossing us aside like a wet tissue so she can fight Vaylin... That one still bugs me

I agree. The player character should have boss immunity at the very least in cutscenes. I'm also not a fan of how they have been made to look like a complete and utter moron in the last few story updates. I'm not exaggerating when I say it has made me lose interest in SWTOR. If the next story update is as bad as the last few have been I won't be here for the next. Enough is enough.

To be fair, they are moving away from "The Commander" stuff in the past few updates. At last. What with the Alliance being able to be folded back into original factions and then the whole Jekiah Ordo meeting gives the impression that we can be done with that by having him address us as our previous selves.

I agree. The player character should have boss immunity at the very least in cutscenes. I'm also not a fan of how they have been made to look like a complete and utter moron in the last few story updates. I'm not exaggerating when I say it has made me lose interest in SWTOR. If the next story update is as bad as the last few have been I won't be here for the next. Enough is enough.

How about the time you gotta either lose to Arcann in a fight or use Valkorions power... Or when Valkorion has to jump in and save you from Vaylin... Basically any time I see my Sith characters lying on the ground holding their sides like a defenseless nothing, that bugs me.

Oh oh, the WORST one that EVERY character is forced into. Chapter 11. Havoc Squad. Right at the end you are FORCED to say "Any last words" to Jorgan as if you have just given up to a petty squad of droids... And then HE tells YOU to "can that garbage".... Seriously? Why are you making ME the coward here? Literally the only character I don't have an issue with saying that line is a few of my smugglers because you can imagine they like to make quips like that in any situation. Having my big scary Dark Council member or my seasoned veteran Emperor killing Jedi acting that way is utter nonsense

I get this, but you can't STOP making us powerful at this point in the story and have it make ANY sense lol. Once we've took out the Emperor you can't really go back to being a grunt and have it make any logical sense.

I completely agree with you, but there should be some halfway point our characters can inhabit between being the most powerful person in the universe and a rank and file soldier.

WoW had the same problem with its "story". We started off as schlubs in Coldridge Valley (Dwarves) progressed to taking down Onyxia (Dragon). Then came Arthas (Fallen Price trope) who was the 'big bad' and let you know it on multiple occasions. (<-- 12.1 m subs)

The story degraded when we fought another dragon ("Earth Warder") corrupted by {ESSENTIALLY A RIP-OFF OF LOVECRAFT}, (<-- 9.1 m subs), then moved on to Pandaria where...who knows. (<-- 5.6 m subs)

Wait, we then became a garrison commander faced a Legion (Think Demons in space) CDR (approx 5 m subs) who still picked up poop; (Running gag quest). We then REALLY faced the Legion, became leader of our Order (Class Halls), then went right back to...schlubs. (Because bad writing).

SWTOR: Start off as a schlub on Korriban who was as likely to cut their own hand off with a light saber as kill the gazzillion worms. Take down our boss, then sit on the DC or become the Emperor's Wrath. "Save" the Empire by "fixing" a planet, then kill corrupted Popular Guy.

Become Leader of an Alliance, with massive resources, (essentially the 3rd power in the Galaxy), go toe-to-toe (sort-of) with the Emperor, defeat him in our mind (I don't think you can ever truly kill him, MF'er is like the Phoenix), and now....?

I can't send more than eight companions on missions. What am I a Squad Leader? Well, you can gain rep with planet X.

Erm no, how about I vaporize Planet X (Because reasons), or ignore Planet X? I'm not worried about bugs on a planet when I KNOW there are worse things out there than the Republic and Empire - COMBINED. I could clear the DC chamber (I might bring Khem along just for S & G's), and institute myself as defacto leader of the Empire.

No wait, I need to go deliver supplies to troops in the field. Or re-program some droids. Huh?

I've maintained for years - Lore drives story, story drives quests, quests drive raids, raids drive (new) Lore and stories.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go make nice nice with the Gree so I can hang some art on the wall of my Dreadnaught, and the weirdos won't sell to me unless I slaughter 10,000 Droids, or something.

I completely agree with you, but there should be some halfway point our characters can inhabit between being the most powerful person in the universe and a rank and file soldier.

They could have had a way to depower some of the shooter classes imo, but the opportunity has passed now. They coulda said your non-force characters were godly powerful all through KOTFE/ET simply because Valkorion was in their mind strengthening them. But now they went and had you destroy him AGAIN outside of your own mind with no special explanation for how a blaster wielder is managing that so...

I think most of us would agree we want our shooter classes to not be the most powerful being in the universe anymore. This is Star Wars. Rule number one is that pretty much anyone with three days force training can kill a normal person with relative ease.. I don't want my trooper on par with the most powerful characters anymore. But hey, it's one size fits all.. I mostly just assume KOTFE onwards is canon for a force user

They could have had a way to depower some of the shooter classes imo, but the opportunity has passed now. They coulda said your non-force characters were godly powerful all through KOTFE/ET simply because Valkorion was in their mind strengthening them. But now they went and had you destroy him AGAIN outside of your own mind with no special explanation for how a blaster wielder is managing that so...

I think most of us would agree we want our shooter classes to not be the most powerful being in the universe anymore. This is Star Wars. Rule number one is that pretty much anyone with three days force training can kill a normal person with relative ease.. I don't want my trooper on par with the most powerful characters anymore. But hey, it's one size fits all.. I mostly just assume KOTFE onwards is canon for a force user

My headcanon is that even my tech users have latent Force sensitivity, which manifests as skill or luck. I do play the Kallig Legacy. :)

To be fair, they are moving away from "The Commander" stuff in the past few updates. At last. What with the Alliance being able to be folded back into original factions and then the whole Jekiah Ordo meeting gives the impression that we can be done with that by having him address us as our previous selves.

Yeah, fair point. I still doubt I will really get that same feel of independence that the smuggler and bounty hunter had in the vanilla story content. The choice seems to be between remaining independent commander either as a loyalist or traitor, or to get an "official" position in your old faction with both the hunter and smuggler.

I'd have liked to remain independent but start using my old title too. My Smuggler would love to be able to call herself captain again, fly her old ship and stop taking everything going on so seriously. Give me some options to play dumb with the mandos and profiteer off of the war plz.

Yeah, fair point. I still doubt I will really get that same feel of independence that the smuggler and bounty hunter had in the vanilla story content. The choice seems to be between remaining independent commander either as a loyalist or traitor, or to get an "official" position in your old faction with both the hunter and smuggler.

I'd have liked to remain independent but start using my old title too. My Smuggler would love to be able to call herself captain again, fly her old ship and stop taking everything going on so seriously. Give me some options to play dumb with the mandos and profiteer off of the war plz.

Hey, I agree, but again, it's one size fits all and it can't accommodate for those two classes. I agree they did feel the most unbound in the class story, but since then they've done so much and gotten so intricately involved that they could never go back to being a loner, it wouldn't work for 75% of the classes being played. They need to make content that can work for everyone these days, mostly. Their main priority seems to be to make the story work for force sensitives, which is understandable in a SW game I guess.

IMO it really doesn't matter that much what we "think" (?) about companions. They're dead (for the most part).

A lot of time and resource was spent into the development of one of the most unique and (to many) fun parts of this sort of game. Then (in order to cut the amount of time and resource spent on said aspect) they were removed (or at least drastically reduced).

Problem(s) if they were reinstated:

** how many have been killed off ??? Those who play Sith would suggest that ALL (or at the least most). That is after all what Sith do ! (According to some players). Soooo ... which ones do we keep ? And which ones do we allow to become one with the force ( and save a ton of cash in the process).

** No new companions. This might give rise to yet another question: "Will we get new ones?" (as a result of killing off the old ones). What happens to the story for those who haven't killed off the first one? ...

** How to properly advance the story if we're all stuck on the same character ?? OR if some players are and others are not ??

** Total number of voice actors needed ???

** $$$

Me personally ... I'd love to have a companion of my own choosing ... that's a blast to be around. ( Some might prefer to be romantically involved ... that's their business) ... With repeatable cut scenes ... more customizable options available. And YES I'm certain they could be worked into the story. IMO this could be seen as a break from the bang, bang; stab, stab; pew, pew; monotonous daily grind... blah blah blah ... ( you get the idea) . Besides it really was a part of the original part of the game that was a lot of fun. WAS !!!!

AH !! I have a solution to the whole companion good / bad thing:

:eek::eek::eek:

Says a lot about Bioware that what people are begging from them, the former masters of video game storytelling, is all but one measly action sequence.

I too hope for cool moments, even more I'd like if they really differentiated between lightsaber/non classes and made some cool scenes with our pew-pew characters too. Even though they were cool, it always irked me somewhat that my ranged characters often fight in melee range.

Let my smuggler make some street-wise maneuvers or let my troopers blast them with heavy fire!

I have been longing for more story content / interactions with my toons, new romance options (come on, my agent and Vette or Risha would be charming together) etc. But doubt it's going to happen. It is sad, but imo the gaming industry today sees immersive storytelling as a waste of money. Why expend a lot of money for that when you can just churn out another Call of Duty or add some skins to games like Fortnite?

And I look at fact that one of my sons and all of his friends simply do not play story-driven games (or at least games with a decent backstory and lore). It's all just battle royale and other story-less stuff. I respect different styles and tastes, but not sure if the gaming habits of younger gamers provides optimism for those desiring story -oriented stuff. That said, my older son (21) is drawn to RPGs, MMOs, etc., so maybe I'm just being too pessimistic, and/or unfairly assuming most newer gamers have tik-tok type attention span and will not want to invest in time in more immersive games, Regardless, I know this old man is not going to influence what EA decides to do with SWTOR. Going to just hope for the best.

I'm probably just being a grumpy old man frustrated I cannot have cutscenes or new toon content, and catastrophizing that future gaming will consist only of mobile games, shooters/battle royale games, and Madden 2030.

I guess one good thing about getting older is I forget stuff, so the existing class stories seem pretty new when I roll out new alt every once in a while. lol

If you are female jedi knight and married Doc you had your wedding on screen.

If you are a male sith warrior and married Vette you had your wedding, off camera.

If you are crazy enough to romance Koth you have to no his heart belongs to Lana not you. He asks you to a bad meal. No proposal.

Ugh, why, it looks so awkward and stilted all the time. I'd much rather be seen doing some actual entertaining star wars-y things. Not in this for the soap opera.

"People don’t actually realize it’s actually a soap opera and it’s all about family problems — it’s not about spaceships" -George Lucas :p (I'm just teasing you, you can like whatever you want about Star Wars)

Edited by Nefla