Sorc/Sage healer buff please

Ahwassa

Soo since 6.0 sorc/sage healer is in a bad spot in engame content.

Operative is the best in 16-man operations, good in 8 man operations and maybe the best in ranked PvP.

Merc healer is good in 16-man ops, the best healer in 8 man ops (so good to the point that groups play double merc heal) and good in PvP.

And sorc/sage? Worst in 16 man ops, good/ok in 8 man ops and worst in PvP.

I´d like to propose a buff to group heal and a buff to bubble maybe? For Apex nightmare especially.

Like if the bubble explodes instantly, it leaves a hot.

I mean if sorc/sage was really good in any part of endgame content I wouldn´t complain.

But it´s not. It´s the worst healer class and I´d like that to change.

Why don´t I switch to operative or merc you might say? I played sorc/sage for so many years now, its the best looking healer class imo and the only force class. Also I simply lack the time to learn & equip a second class and I don´t want to. (I know merc is easy but you know what I mean.)

It was "play your way"? Please I´d like to play sorc/sage without being embarassed at my parse.

Edit: and we need a skill point to lower our cleanse CD - like the other healers, thank you. The tactical doesn´t cut it.

Edited by Ahwassa

As much as I don’t want to resort to the “git gud” mindset, I’ve seen many, many sorcs/sages that have done just fine in all the things you’ve listed. There’s just a higher skill ceiling and a need for more teamwork in PvP.

From my experience sorc/sage is the least played class and merc the most played class in nightmare.

And the comments I hear often (even when my parses are good) are: "you are good but sorc is the worst healer" or "xy group doesn´t play sage so basically no one does" or "we can´t play xy strategy because of the healer comp (sorc)".

Other healer classes don´t get to hear this stuff. So yeah, I´m very close to giving up.

(I´m getting these comments from experienced nim-players and raid leads - people that are definitly more experienced than me - so these are true to me. Also I´m yet to see a parse there a sorc outparses an operative in a 16-man operation.)

Also our group heal tactical is not good. Why we didn´t get a tactical that buffs Revivification by 20 % (like the other classes) is beyond my understanding.

Edited by Ahwassa

Sorc/Sage is by far without any contest the best PvP healer in the game atm. In Pve it is completeely viable for every boss and actually bis or 2. bis for some bosses bc operative is not that good there. If you can't clear things with sorc it is actually on you. Your job is not group heal per se, you have the best guaranteed single target burst from all healers and the best prevent 1shot skill. There will always be a best class and atm it is merc not sorc,but for that sorc is the best in pvp and still very viable in pve Edited by JulWolle

• 2 weeks later...

The general opinion is that all healers are good for pvp but sorc is a bit behind.

It´s summed up here pretty good:

I can clear all content but it´s more effort and I don´t want to be a liability. And in 16 man content sorc is a liability.

Bioware, please can you change the group heal tactical so that it always heals 20 % more and not on the last tick?

It wouldn´t affect PvP that much and it would give us better group heal.

I´d like to do Hateful (with a good parse) - thank you.

• 2 weeks later...