Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sent ability for ravage - worst animation in the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Sent ability for ravage - worst animation in the game.

BonnerFett
01.26.2021 , 11:07 AM | #1
What is the name of the sent ability for ravage? Whatever it is, it's the dumbest animation in the game. You do some kind of sideways pirouette. What gives? This is animation totally destroys the class for me. I was looking to switch to Pub side, but after seeing this animation, I want to vomit.

AdjeYo
01.26.2021 , 02:37 PM | #2
Blade Barrage (formerly known as Master Strike). It used to be a lot better as a channel, but no more channeled abilities for melee classes so rip. Knights definitely got the worst deal though, Ravage is somewhat passable at least, Blade Barrage is just horrible I agree.

KendraP
01.26.2021 , 04:27 PM | #3
Obligatory i like it better without the channel however it looks.

JLazarillo
01.26.2021 , 09:58 PM | #4
In fairness, it looks hella better than the actual Ravage animation. How the heck is that little hop-somersault even supposed to work?

vfreelancerv
02.01.2021 , 03:06 AM | #5
The fast insta-cast animation may look cleaner, but the old channeled ravage hit far harder. It was easily utilized by carnage mara as they could channel it very quickly. Maybe there could be a utility where you could change it back? Food for thought.

Jesseriah
02.01.2021 , 03:13 AM | #6
People (me included) are asking for years that they bring back the Master Strike (and imp version) animation since, as posters above already said, the new "whirling" animation looks absolutely ridiculous. I even kicked Blade Barrage out of my bars because of its animation.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Gametime, Chartransfer and more!

KendraP
02.01.2021 , 03:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseriah View Post
People (me included) are asking for years that they bring back the Master Strike (and imp version) animation since, as posters above already said, the new "whirling" animation looks absolutely ridiculous. I even kicked Blade Barrage out of my bars because of its animation.
and others, like myself, would rather deal with an animation I barely pay attention to than have to work a rotation around a cast and lose mobility.

Bird_of_Thunder
03.23.2021 , 01:31 PM | #8
While I would like the channel back for the animation, it makes for a much cleaner rotation for it to not be a channel. On that note, Blade Barrage looks way better and smoother than the Ravage animation. Id much prefer to have Blade Barrage on my Marauder; wanna switch?
One Trick Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

foxmob
05.02.2021 , 05:05 PM | #9
blade barrage is the best animation in the sentinel ability "tree." it's not even close. best audio fx too. literally any other ability should be addressed b/c of aesthetics first.
Krack

NexDark
05.08.2021 , 01:26 PM | #10
There are countless threads about this piss poor animation.
It looks like a 14 years old intern had made it on a coffee break.
Everytime i come back after a year to play the new content for 2 days i remember why i didn't liked to play my Juggernaut anymore.
This retarted bunny-hop and the softcore-**** moaning in battles.

But then again, its nothing new that this game is kept only just alive to be able to milk the cartel market since years.
Let another one claim the throne. My place is on the battlefield.

-Darth Marr-