Critical rating

Sappharan

I have a critical rating of (don't laugh...or laugh, but not too hard) 4,417. I know...too high. But my question does not really concern that. It's about my Critical Multiplier which I SWORE was around 83%. Now after I have added an accuracy augment, the multiplier is 73%. Why the difference? Was I dreaming? I don't think so...but I cannot prove it either. I DO, however, have a screen shot where my character has a MUCH lower gear rating and critical multiplier, so between now and then I have the following:

Now: Gear rating 306 ---- Then: Gear rating: 296

Critical Rating: 4,417.4 ---- Critical Rating: 1,896

Critical Chance: 45.73% ---- Critical Chance: 39.95%

Multiplier: 73.05% ---- Multiplier: 74.04%

Why the reduction in Multiplier? Or is the game reporting the number incorrectly?

Sincerely,

the Noob

Edited by Sappharan

I have a critical rating of (don't laugh...or laugh, but not too hard) 4,417. I know...too high. But my question does not really concern that. It's about my Critical Multiplier which I SWORE was around 83%. Now after I have added an accuracy augment, the multiplier is 73%. Why the difference? Was I dreaming? I don't think so...but I cannot prove it either. I DO, however, have a screen shot where my character has a MUCH lower gear rating and critical multiplier, so between now and then I have the following:

Why the reduction in Multiplier? Or is the game reporting the number incorrectly?

Sincerely,

the Noob

Any chance you had a critical damage proc when you were looking the last time?

Thank you for responding.

There should not have been a possibility of that. I had been out of combat for at minimum 5 minutes. At the time I was arranging gear and deciding whether I should equip one thing or another and then looking on the GTN for augments.

This may require asking support, but I am not sure how much help that will be because they have a LOT of requests every day and, while this may be a simple answer, finding the answer is not likely to be easy.

Sincerely,

the Noob

Why do you run 4400 crit ? That is over 1k of possible wasted stats....Over 3200-3400, my crit felt totally wasted . Maybe it was just me.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I am a bit goofy. You're probably right. The extra critical is probably wasted.

There is an answer to my question, though, I think. So, I am logged in and testing on the dummy in my ship and decided to see how Concentration compares to Combat...and there it was. I go back into Concentration and the multiplier is at 83.05%. Evidence is now preserved in a screenshot, and there were no extra buffs or procs. Dunno why this is, but I seem to remember something about one of the specifications buffing the multiplier to compensate for something. I dunno. Maybe I am wrong.

Thank you for the replies. :)

Don't worry about having too high crit, unless you're a pve super min/maxer. I have done a lot of math for this game, and can tell you that the crit DR curve is not that steep. Even at 4500 crit rating, you get very nearly the same dps gain per 1 crit rating as you do per 1 power/mastery rating

Don't worry about having too high crit, unless you're a pve super min/maxer. I have done a lot of math for this game, and can tell you that the crit DR curve is not that steep. Even at 4500 crit rating, you get very nearly the same dps gain per 1 crit rating as you do per 1 power/mastery rating

Thank you :)

Gunnery/Arsenal and Combat/Carnage both have a standing 3% buff, so they only need 663 alacrity for 1.4s GCD and 2374 for 1.3s verses 1213 and 3206 respectively. TK/Lit needs 331 for 1.4s and 1895 for 1.3s with just their Telekinetic Focal Point/Focal Lightning 5% buff, but with a little bit more alacrity, around 2125 (I don't have the exact number notated but that sounds about right), a TK/Lit will have a standing alacrity of ~11.36%, which means with their 5% buff they'll hit 1.3s GCD, but with that and during a Mental Alacrity/Polarity Shift window they'll hit 1.1s GCD.

All the numbers

GCD break points:

• 1.4s GCD -- 7.14% Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 15.38% Alacrity
  • 1.2s GCD -- 25% Alacrity
  • 1.1s GCD -- 36.36% Alacrity

Classes with no alacrity buff:

• 1.4s GCD -- 1213 Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 3206 Alacrity

Classes with 3% buff (Gunnery/Arsenal & Combat/Carnage):

• 1.4s GCD -- 663 Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 2374 Alacrity

Telekinetic Sage/Lightning Sorc with 5% buff (Telekinetic Focal Point/Focal Lightning):

• 1.4s GCD -- 331 Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 1895 Alacrity

TK Sage/Lit Sorc with 5% buff and Mental Alacrity/Polarity Shift:

• 1.1s GCD -- ~2125 Alacrity

Edited by ceryxp

https://www.charplanner.com/

https://www.charplanner.com/

Play around with different gear on that site. Its fantastic. You only need 3000 crit really because after that you're wasting stats. Try to balance things out so you have around 700 accuracy and 1213 alacrity (I think sorcs can go with less alacrity, but 1213 is kind of the base line for 1.4 GCD)

Thank you! It won't help my reflexes, but it would be nice to have the damage and stats at least. :)

Gunnery/Arsenal and Combat/Carnage both have a standing 3% buff, so they only need 663 alacrity for 1.4s GCD and 2374 for 1.3s verses 1213 and 3206 respectively. TK/Lit needs 331 for 1.4s and 1895 for 1.3s with just their Telekinetic Focal Point/Focal Lightning 5% buff, but with a little bit more alacrity, around 2125 (I don't have the exact number notated but that sounds about right), a TK/Lit will have a standing alacrity of ~11.36%, which means with their 5% buff they'll hit 1.3s GCD, but with that and during a Mental Alacrity/Polarity Shift window they'll hit 1.1s GCD.

All the numbers

GCD break points:

• 1.4s GCD -- 7.14% Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 15.38% Alacrity
  • 1.2s GCD -- 25% Alacrity
  • 1.1s GCD -- 36.36% Alacrity

Classes with no alacrity buff:

• 1.4s GCD -- 1213 Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 3206 Alacrity

Classes with 3% buff (Gunnery/Arsenal & Combat/Carnage):

• 1.4s GCD -- 663 Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 2374 Alacrity

Telekinetic Sage/Lightning Sorc with 5% buff (Telekinetic Focal Point/Focal Lightning):

• 1.4s GCD -- 331 Alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD -- 1895 Alacrity

TK Sage/Lit Sorc with 5% buff and Mental Alacrity/Polarity Shift:

• 1.1s GCD -- ~2125 Alacrity

Knowledge is power!

Thank you, my friends. That is very helpful. :D

Fury mara has bigger crit multiplier than Anni for example.

If I take my mara and go Anni with the same stats, I get 72% multi, if I switch to Fury, I get 83% 'cause of the passive buff to crit. You already figured that out tho.

Ya. Glad I found out. It was driving me batty.