Gearing through pvp still sucks.

Raansu

The recent change, while better, is still overall bad. Sure I'm getting 306 pieces now, but its 1 piece from the pvp box when you win a match and like 2 pieces from the daily. Its still laughable and not a viable way to gear at all and I still feel forced to pve to earn tech frags.

Throw us a bone BW. Either add tech frags to be earned after each match or give us more gear that we can dissasemble from a pvp box earned from a win.....or better yet give us pvp gear back with the legacy warzone comms and cost rate we had right before you removed pvp gear.

The recent change, while better, is still overall bad. Sure I'm getting 306 pieces now, but its 1 piece from the pvp box when you win a match and like 2 pieces from the daily. Its still laughable and not a viable way to gear at all and I still feel forced to pve to earn tech frags.

Throw us a bone BW. Either add tech frags to be earned after each match or give us more gear that we can dissasemble from a pvp box earned from a win.....or better yet give us pvp gear back with the legacy warzone comms and cost rate we had right before you removed pvp gear.

Pretty much this.

Preach.

An hour of mindless FPs still lets you gear up much more than a whole day of PvPing. This change was a step in the right direction yes, but it was a very, very small step. Both CQ and gear from PvP needs to be upped. Even XP needs to be upped which might encourage more lowbie and midbie queueing.

An hour of mindless FPs still lets you gear up much more than a whole day of PvPing. This change was a step in the right direction yes, but it was a very, very small step. Both CQ and gear from PvP needs to be upped. Even XP needs to be upped which might encourage more lowbie and midbie queueing.

Adding tech frags to lowbie and mid pvp would help too. Then they could make the prices of health packs and other items at the pvp vendor be tech frags or credits.

This would encourage people to lvl up in pvp again.

Adding tech frags to lowbie and mid pvp would help too. Then they could make the prices of health packs and other items at the pvp vendor be tech frags or credits.

If the amount of tech frags earned is reasonable (50-100 a match depending on win or loss and medals earned) then I'm totally ok with the pvp adrenal and medkit costing tech frags. But then again, every class is so tanky now and we get so many from the dailies/weeklies I pretty much never need to buy them with credits because I rarely need to pop a medpack in pvp lol.

Edited by Raansu

Please, Bioware. And, reducing the credit sink would not be bad either, imo. Taking me forever to gear for PvP. :(

I agree with your statements, but I would be hesitant to up the XP for lowbie and midbie queuing. The reason I love mid tier pvp when im leveling is that it gives me a chance to farm valor (after level 50) before I have to enter the world of unbalanced teams with 2 healers being on the opposite team whilst mine has none. Add overpowered tacticals for the DPS and boom. I can't make the same plays (in terms of strategy and winning 1v1s for nodes in Novare and Alderaan etc) because I don't play the broken classes nor do I have a balanced team. Midtier fixes this discrepancy for me because hardly anyone ques as a healer since we are still leveling most people would be DPS. This reason makes midbie pvp perfect for me to valor farm and before anyone says I must play a level 70 against 42s that is wrong. I have had a blast pvping on my 50 commando as I am trying to get his valor up to at least 70 before hitting 75. So far, it is working out quite nicely.

TL;DR - It would be more beneficial to add tech frags to midtier pvp before reworking xp gains because midbie is more balanced imo than 75 due to the skill gap winning more fights than team comp like in 75.

Weird- I don't know what to do with all my tech frags, I play/have optimally geared all the dps specs in the game, never pve, and don't even play that much anymore. Disintegrating treasure hunting mission returns for frags must make that much of a difference then. Try that.

Weird- I don't know what to do with all my tech frags, I play/have optimally geared all the dps specs in the game, never pve, and don't even play that much anymore. Disintegrating treasure hunting mission returns for frags must make that much of a difference then. Try that.

Yes this still works. Everytime I’m on with my treasure hunting Alts I send them off to do two grade 10 and two grade 11 lockbox missions. But those missions are not fast or cheap.

It’s a good way to top up some techfrags if you have plenty of Alts and credits, but there are faster and cheaper ways to top up your tech frags.

Please, Bioware. And, reducing the credit sink would not be bad either, imo. Taking me forever to gear for PvP. :(

I'm fine with the credit sink personally. All I really want is to just be able to get tech fragments after each warzone. I don't really think its all that unfair of a request. They can leave the pvp boxes to wins only, but just let me earn tech frags even if its only small amount its better than nothing. I'd rather slowly grind tech frags through pvp than mindlessly spam Hammer Station all day.

I'm fine with the credit sink personally. All I really want is to just be able to get tech fragments after each warzone. I don't really think its all that unfair of a request. They can leave the pvp boxes to wins only, but just let me earn tech frags even if its only small amount its better than nothing. I'd rather slowly grind tech frags through pvp than mindlessly spam Hammer Station all day.

I agree 100% with this. ^

Yes, exactly this. Plus add them to lowbie and mid rewards too.

Yes this still works. Everytime I’m on with my treasure hunting Alts I send them off to do two grade 10 and two grade 11 lockbox missions. But those missions are not fast or cheap.

It’s a good way to top up some techfrags if you have plenty of Alts and credits, but there are faster and cheaper ways to top up your tech frags.

It's fast bc it only takes 2 seconds to send for it while otherwise doing nothing, and ... credit cost? Isn't it only a couple K per? I've never noticed it.

It's fast bc it only takes 2 seconds to send for it while otherwise doing nothing, and ... credit cost? Isn't it only a couple K per? I've never noticed it.

How many tech frags do they give? If I have to make an army of treasure hunting companions I will. :rak_01:

How many tech frags do they give? If I have to make an army of treasure hunting companions I will. :rak_01:

It’s random depending on how much gear you get to destroy (they don’t give straight up tech frags). But on average, One mission might give you 2-8 tech frags.

It’s something like 5-7k per mission when you get to grade 10 and 11 companion missions. Sorry, I can’t fully remember without double checking.

I'm fine with the credit sink personally.

Oy. I am just so cash poor, and I don't really have the time to farm for credits. Any other way to get credits? I desperately need augments for pvp.

All I really want is to just be able to get tech fragments after each warzone. I don't really think its all that unfair of a request. They can leave the pvp boxes to wins only, but just let me earn tech frags even if its only small amount its better than nothing. I'd rather slowly grind tech frags through pvp than mindlessly spam Hammer Station all day.

Agreed. Been doing a lot of hammer station myself. Just cannot seem to find someone to go in for the most difficult mode (whatever it is called).

Oy. I am just so cash poor, and I don't really have the time to farm for credits. Any other way to get credits? I desperately need augments for pvp.

Unfortunately time is what it takes to make a lot. Crafting and playing the GTN is my method of making credits.

Unfortunately time is what it takes to make a lot. Crafting and playing the GTN is my method of making credits.

Same, plus once you have a heap of credits, it’s easier to make more through the GTN. The hardest part is getting the nest egg started

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I would welcome this any day of the year. Give people a reason to do lowbie pvp again because many just rush to 75 now and then start doing PvP. What do you get for doing lowbies atm (except for the fun part ofc)? Just some valor ranks/XP.

The winning side should get a little bit more tech frags so folks will atleast try to contribute and win games rather then just give up the milisec you start losing a match or afk in Warzones as one example. Say like 1-2 for losing, 3-4 for winning. Personally I didn't mind you get XP for doing pvp (with all the extra boosts/legacy etc) but one issue I had with giving more pve minded people free XP for just afk or not doing anything in pvp always felt off.

I mean you don't see me who love PvP more (I do enjoy some PvE every know and then too with guild) tell someone in Operations or Flashpoints: "you know guys, I'm just gonna lol around jumping here and hit every mob I see. I probably will wipe the group, but who cares right, it's only pve and I do this only for fun anyway".

Know it's a bad example but the same princip. Too many times have I heared people say "It's just pvp idc". I'm sure they would be thrilled if I did the same service back to them with my example I just said.

And no this has nothing to do with "you're just an elitist pvp freak". I don't mind losing. If the other team is generally better or got a better tactic/coordination w/e, that's one thing, but losing only due to 100% stupidity is not.

I'm getting off track here. All I'm saying, giving something for doing lower level pvp again is something I would sign in an instant. Promotes more fun leveling up alts too. So a +1 to you Trixxie :)

I would welcome this any day of the year. Give people a reason to do lowbie pvp again because many just rush to 75 now and then start doing PvP. What do you get for doing lowbies atm (except for the fun part ofc)? Just some valor ranks/XP.

The winning side should get a little bit more tech frags so folks will atleast try to contribute and win games rather then just give up the milisec you start losing a match or afk in Warzones as one example. Say like 1-2 for losing, 3-4 for winning. Personally I didn't mind you get XP for doing pvp (with all the extra boosts/legacy etc) but one issue I had with giving more pve minded people free XP for just afk or not doing anything in pvp always felt off.

I mean you don't see me who love PvP more (I do enjoy some PvE every know and then too with guild) tell someone in Operations or Flashpoints: "you know guys, I'm just gonna lol around jumping here and hit every mob I see. I probably will wipe the group, but who cares right, it's only pve and I do this only for fun anyway".

Know it's a bad example but the same princip. Too many times have I heared people say "It's just pvp idc". I'm sure they would be thrilled if I did the same service back to them with my example I just said.

And no this has nothing to do with "you're just an elitist pvp freak". I don't mind losing. If the other team is generally better or got a better tactic/coordination w/e, that's one thing, but losing only due to 100% stupidity is not.

I'm getting off track here. All I'm saying, giving something for doing lower level pvp again is something I would sign in an instant. Promotes more fun leveling up alts too. So a +1 to you Trixxie :)

They should also get rid of participation trophies.

Rewarding people for losing doesn't give them a lot of incentive to try and learn to play better. Some people will try and step up their game because they enjoy it, but far too many people are happy just camping the warzone and taking the loss without effort to try and win or play objectively.

They should also get rid of participation trophies.

Rewarding people for losing doesn't give them a lot of incentive to try and learn to play better. Some people will try and step up their game because they enjoy it, but far too many people are happy just camping the warzone and taking the loss without effort to try and win or play objectively.

I'm fully in favor of going back to the old daily where you had to get a win for it to count towards the daily. I'd also like for the damn log to go back to showing the completion status instead of "enter a pvp zone to" or whatever the stupid message says. Never understood why they did that to the quest log.