Jedi Sentinel PVP

BonnerFett

I decided to roll a pub toon. Settled on a Sent for PVP. Looking at the jedi version of Carnage and Fury for PVP.

Any thoughts on these specs and what tacticals/set/ builds that would work?

Thanks in advance.

You planning on playing ranked or regs?

I keep reading that Concentration is best for Sentinels right now. However, I saw someone playing Watchman tonight and he was doing very well.

All 3 specs are strong in regs. Concentration is the only one worth using in ranked though.

All 3 specs are strong in regs. Concentration is the only one worth using in ranked though.

^Pretty much this. Although I'd only recommend playing ranked if you enjoy running marathons.

Descent of the Fearless is the best choice for set if you can't get Force Bound. Defel Spliced Genes tactical for ranked arenas, and for regs its spec-dependent. Carnage/Combat is Fanged God Form or maybe Prosecution. Fury/Concentration is Unknowing Ancient Text if you have DoF, but if you don't then I'm not sure if it's Cauterized Coronary or Perseverance that's the better pick (I avoid Fury as much as I can so idk). Annihilation is Spiteful Saber.

There's a good, updated guide out on YouTube that can give you utils and helps with defensives, as well as matchup tips for the other classes. It's linked in the class forum here, but if you search "SWTOR 6.1 Marauder PvP Guide" then it'll come up.

Edited by Bird_of_Thunder

^Pretty much this. Although I'd only recommend playing ranked if you enjoy running marathons.

Ya its pretty much just constant force stealth and predation and running for your life most of the time while trying to get a burst window in before running for your life again. Its why I don't bother playing arenas anymore. I hate the 4v4 meta. Wish they tried harder on 8v8 ranked and never introduced arenas.

Combat is a lot different at 75 than it was while I was leveling. There was always (for me) this feeling of being focus starved. Now it appears to be a non-issue.

Combat is a lot different at 75 than it was while I was leveling. There was always (for me) this feeling of being focus starved. Now it appears to be a non-issue.

PvP at 75 in general is a lot more about defensives and mobility than you are probably expecting right now. Feel free to try out all 3 specs in regs and especially ask other people for good utilities and the correct gear stats. Once you got some practise on all the specs you will feel the difference between having a 6s stun immunity or not, and having Zealous Leap or not. That's why, like mentioned earlier, Fury is the best spec for Ranked and the go-to-spec for PvP in general. Nothing wrong with the other ones though, if you enjoy them, you will enjoy them in regs too.

The only reason I say what I did is because concentration has easier up time with immunities. I can probably burst you down way faster with combat spec......but I'm also likely to be stunned and merced before I even get a chance. Great spec for regs.....not so much for ranked.

The only reason I say what I did is because concentration has easier up time with immunities. I can probably burst you down way faster with combat spec......but I'm also likely to be stunned and merced before I even get a chance. Great spec for regs.....not so much for ranked.

Your post made perfect sense :) I was merely surprised that Combat performs well enough in PvP even though my experience up to about level 50 was awful, and had expected it to stay that way at maximum level.

Ya its pretty much just constant force stealth and predation and running for your life most of the time while trying to get a burst window in before running for your life again. Its why I don't bother playing arenas anymore. I hate the 4v4 meta. Wish they tried harder on 8v8 ranked and never introduced arenas.

The couple of times I tried ranked four years ago, that's what it felt like to me. Now, I recognize that I was probably not skilled then, but my experience was as you described...and though I did have roughly even numbers of wins and losses by the time I stopped. Not sure I will ever be skilled enough (or arrogant enough) to feel I am at a place where I can enter ranked again.

Good you wrote that because my favored class is Sentinel/Marauder, and if I were ever to consider it again, even were I skilled enough, that does not much sound like fun.

Your post made perfect sense :) I was merely surprised that Combat performs well enough in PvP even though my experience up to about level 50 was awful, and had expected it to stay that way at maximum level.

The way they shift abilities and utilities around every level cap increase makes classes feel really shallow till a certain point. Currently a lot of classes don't feel completely till like level 71. The consequences of level increases.

The couple of times I tried ranked four years ago, that's what it felt like to me. Now, I recognize that I was probably not skilled then, but my experience was as you described...and though I did have roughly even numbers of wins and losses by the time I stopped. Not sure I will ever be skilled enough (or arrogant enough) to feel I am at a place where I can enter ranked again.

Good you wrote that because my favored class is Sentinel/Marauder, and if I were ever to consider it again, even were I skilled enough, that does not much sound like fun.

Its only like that in 4v4 solo where 99% of the time its 4 dps vs 4 dps....which unfortunately is where everyone queues because group ranked is dead, but ya, solo's is all about kiting and surviving so pretty much every class takes that approach with whatever escape skills they have....which is horrid. I don't mind group ranked (though I still hate 4v4 in general), but solo's is just.......no thanks.

It will never happen, but what I'd give for them to just burn 4v4's to the ground and remove it from the game and give us back 8v8 ranked. Even the WoW devs admitted at one point that the biggest mistake they ever made with pvp was introducing arenas to the game.

Edited by Raansu