Thank you for the letters - keep them coming

VilianSW

Focusing on the positive side of Digging Deeper, just wanted to say big THANK YOU to devs and writers for all the letters received after completing such a tiny story chunk. All made a good read, and honestly didn't expect a single word from my hubby Theron - so this one in particular was a huge surprise and a great joy.

With that many people met across the story, letters from them make all those relationships so much more alive. No matter if we're talking romance, friendship, or just a business relation, a letter from such a person adds depth to the relationship; makes it meaningful and more memorable. Please keep up the good work - keep those coming.

Thank you for the positive feedback! I completely agree that these letters add depth and dimension to our relationships with such a diverse cast of characters. I’m so happy that y’all are enjoying them, and I look forward to adding more!

Request letters from:

Vette

Elara

Jorgun

Vector

Gus

Corso

Hylo and Gault

Lokin

Yunn

Master Ranos

Rusk

Not Comps but can we have Watcher 2 and Gaden Ko drop a line.

Thank you for the positive feedback! I completely agree that these letters add depth and dimension to our relationships with such a diverse cast of characters. I’m so happy that y’all are enjoying them, and I look forward to adding more!

No letter from Arcann? Why? Something planned for later maybe? An I love you and marriage proposal maybe?

I forgot a lot of other "people" I'd like letters from...

Senya

Tharan

The Shining Man (who or what is Gus' "Master) still want answers to that plot hole.

Beryl Thorne she should have been an AA for Hylo really some of us romanced her.

Keeper He is awesome.

No letter from Arcann? Why? Something planned for later maybe? An I love you and marriage proposal maybe?

I want to know this too. I mean, Arcann is the one who is away from home, so it would make sense for him to send us a letter! Doesn't even have to be romantic, I'm just dying to know more about his experiences on the yet-to-be-named planet. As for an I-love-you and marriage proposal in a later update: YES, PLEASE.

Does anyone have a list of the companions who did send letters in 7.1? I will dust off unplayed toons and take them through hours of content just to receive a written word from someone they care about.

I want to know this too. I mean, Arcann is the one who is away from home, so it would make sense for him to send us a letter! Doesn't even have to be romantic, I'm just dying to know more about his experiences on the yet-to-be-named planet. As for an I-love-you and marriage proposal in a later update: YES, PLEASE.

Does anyone have a list of the companions who did send letters in 7.1? I will dust off unplayed toons and take them through hours of content just to receive a written word from someone they care about.

I think it was scourge, kira, theron and lana who sent letters. I really was hoping to open my mail to find a little something from my sweet boy arcann though since he is away. Hopefully we will get some actual content with this mission he is on after the 7.2 update. I'm dying to go help him!

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

Letter from a romanced comp? YES, GIMME, I WILL PLAY almost ALL THE THINGS!

I'm in this reply and I love it :D +1 from me too AND +10000000 for Rivix and Arn romances :) and of course a letter from Quinn (how could I not ask for this :) )

Edited by Sarova

I like friendship/loyalty letters too - don't get me wrong! - they're just not quite as high on my "will play anything for" list because:

A) There's less incentive to break out an alt, since as far as I can tell they're always from the same characters, with the same content, across the board (depending on faction);

B) I'm a hopeless romantic.

Getting a letter from one of those romanced comps who's more or less disappeared is particularly special; I've given up all hope of hearing from them otherwise (just about fell off my chair when Vector and Torian actually got voiced cutscene content :eek:).

I was happy to learn there were more romance letters, especially since we haven't had some in a long time. But I have to say I had been hoping for more LIs to be included. We're all pretty starved for Love Interest content, I think. I still haven't heard a peep from Jaesa and Nadia since we finally reunited three and a half years ago.

I hope we see some more to come.

• Like 1

Focusing on the positive side of Digging Deeper, just wanted to say big THANK YOU to devs and writers for all the letters received after completing such a tiny story chunk. All made a good read, and honestly didn't expect a single word from my hubby Theron - so this one in particular was a huge surprise and a great joy.

With that many people met across the story, letters from them make all those relationships so much more alive. No matter if we're talking romance, friendship, or just a business relation, a letter from such a person adds depth to the relationship; makes it meaningful and more memorable. Please keep up the good work - keep those coming.

I SO totally agree! That letter from Theron made me all warm and fuzzy and willing to go through what little content there was!:)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Paging the writers!

Life Day is coming, and some letters with wishes would be SOOOO appreciated! Just a couple of words, a single line really; but from as many lovers, friends and business associates as possible, from all over the class stories and expansions, PLEASE!

Theron is my top priority; but my BH is with Torian, with upcoming Mando-themed content would be double nice to get something from him; Arcann is away and my shadow is missing news from him desperately; soon sorc will reach the content when some crazy letter from her pirate boy would be also a huge treat; those and many more need to grab their datapads and start writing to our characters. Life Day is coming, make it a great one, pretty please!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Dear Galactic Alliance Leader,

You and I have been through so much since our early days together on Tython. We've fought beside each other, survived so many numerous hardships, defeated so many foes.

I had hoped, as time went on, that we could continue our relationship, as for the longest time I felt that you and I shared a unique bond, a bond forged in friendship, a bond tempered in shared adversity.

I know now I was wrong. You've set your sights on another, that big, hulking, interminably vocal, self-righteous durasteel alloyed piece of [SYSTEM NOTE: TRANSMISSION GARBLED] and I just can't believe you'd toss me aside for him.

Rest assured, we will always be friends, for that is a bond that cannot be broken, but I feel my heart abandoned. I write this to inform you that I've moved on. He is not brave, his chassis cannot withstand combat, but he is proving to be a most loyal companion.

I hope, going forward, you find the excitement and adventure which you've plied all your life.

---Tee Seven

• Haha 1

Dear Darth Nox, Darkest of Lords, Leader of the Hand of the Empire, second only to the Empress,

why the hell am I still here? Why haven't I left and why haven't you killed me already? Is it Stockholm syndrome or just lazy writing?

Glory to the Empire I guess,

Beywan Aygo, T7, Qyzen Fess, Aric Jorgan, Yuun, Guss Tuna, Bowdaar, Choza Raabat, Veeroa Denz and all the other Republicans still on Odessen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

*bump* because Life Day is coming, once again. And - most probably - it will pass without a single related mail, once again. Can somebody please prove me wrong this year? @CaitlinSullivan yes, looking at you, among others *whistles innocently*

*whistles innocently louder* Writers, you do know that Ord Mantell is a home planet to the guy named Corso Riggs, right? He might be my smuggler's ex-husband, but doesn't mean I forgot about him. Including him in the new daily area just for smugglers would be too much to ask, but a letter - come on, one letter from a story companion? For some of us ex-husband, for some maybe even still the husband, but for all smugglers out there he was a part of their story that started way back on Ord Mantell. Since you writers still remember Gizmel Gam, why don't you keep in mind Corso too? Pretty please?

• Like 1

Indeed, mails are probably the cheapest way of delivering more story and lore. Potential of that is infinite, even mails from old companions, though I'm not interested that much in old companions as they are "old".

However there are people I'd want to see mails from time to time about everything. Maybe mail from Krovos about war efforts? Or Darth Xarion about Sith Intelligence doings? What about Iokath war and how it's going on there?
Or maybe mail why Malora didn't contact me yet, when I think she should? Where is Malora?

1 minute ago, LanceDefender said:

However there are people I'd want to see mails from time to time about everything. Maybe mail from Krovos about war efforts? Or Darth Xarion about Sith Intelligence doings?

It would literally (haha) be so easy to add flavour to the game and the 8 classes. Just give us more mail, some general, some tailored to our class and our choices. Doesn't have to be 20 letters a day, but at least a few each update. It's not complicated to do, or particularly time-consuming. I would even volunteer to write 5 unique letters each for every class. I'd probably be done in 2 hours and I'd do it free of charge. Broadsword, you know how to contact me.