Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most of players despise new changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

omaan
05.11.2022 , 02:19 AM | #1
Ability pruning especially which literally made game less interesting to play. People can't implement different tactics and strategies because they lost needed abilities for that, some classes lost much more abilities than others (for example, deception assassin lost nearly nothing while arsenal mercenary is forced to choose between vital abilities such as stun, reflect, hydraulic override etc). All of this makes gameplay less interesting, variable and intense since everyone is just clicking small number of abilities in same order without CC tactics and without mobility part of the game (most classes lost their mobility in 7.0.).

All of these was a mistake. Game became more boring and less interesting, more monotonous. It's ok to make mistakes you can always rollback some of the changes, return back interesting and needed abilities and people will only be grateful for that. No one will make a huge show over you returning back all taken abilities and changing loadout choices, people won't shout out "HAHA, finally confirmed your mistakes? We told ya". Most of Players need it, game needs it so people would be happy and could continue to subscribe.

snordoc
05.11.2022 , 03:29 AM | #2
I believe that most players are indeed unhappy with 7.0, but all don't have the same grievances.

I for one (and I'm not alone) don't mind the ability pruning. What makes me utterly unhappy is the amount of bugs, the resulting general decrease in QOL, and the rediculously small and lackluster playable content that came with 7.0.

It was clear from the day they announced them that the dev team would not be able to achieve their ambitions without breaking the game. The code is so intricate that this whole combat styles / loadouts project was doomed to fail.

Nobody asked for a new UI (certainly not specifically for the character sheet and the inventory). Now we have a hybrid UI, old style mixed with the new one, and the new style windows are worse than before: we cannot drag and zoom on our character in the character sheet; outfits auto-apply as you browse through them; wrong stat level information; inventory not closing with the escape key...

Add to this a broken level sync, broken companions, augments and relics not working in synced content.

I suppose end-game players are more sensitive to the ability pruning / broken cycle aspects of the game. Story/RP players like me will probably be more sensitive to the points I've just mentioned. Anyway, it is remarkable how they manage to despise almost all player categories with this update.

JediQuaker
05.11.2022 , 07:16 AM | #3
Most players are just busy playing the game. I wish disgruntled players would stop thinking they speak for everyone. 🙄
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

jedimasterjac
05.11.2022 , 08:02 AM | #4
I don't know, I'm actually enjoying the game quite a bit.

I was put off by most of the changes and didn't even get a character to 80 until about two weeks ago. That said, playing that new 80 is some of the most (end-game and leveling) fun that I've had since... eh, probably SOR.

Do I have a lot of complaints? Sure.

Is the story way too short and insufficient? Yes.

Did they basically make false promises, especially about the anniversary? Absolutely.

But I'm having a lot of fun. The gearing system really isn't bad; there are lots of groups doing all different types of end-game content; heck, I even tried GSF for the first time since it was in testing.

Point being: I'm having a lot of fun, even if things aren't perfect, and it's more fun than I've had in a pretty long while.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Falensawino
05.11.2022 , 09:42 AM | #5
if they quit anyway, dropped their sub and never returned.

what does it matter? they're gone...

people will forget and this will become the new norm.

can you remember 1.6? 2.6? or 3.1? (without looking at patch notes or old videos, of course)
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

jedimasterjac
05.11.2022 , 10:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Falensawino View Post
if they quit anyway, dropped their sub and never returned.

what does it matter? they're gone...

people will forget and this will become the new norm.

can you remember 1.6? 2.6? or 3.1? (without looking at patch notes or old videos, of course)
Honestly, I can't believe that Hypergate was 1.6. I could have sworn it was a 2.xx warzone.

The more you know!
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Pricia
05.11.2022 , 11:28 AM | #7
I don't mind the ability pruning.

What made me decide to not renew my subscription are mostly the changes to rewards. Solo players get no upgrade drops, we now have to do specific content to get rewards, and solo conquest goals got nerfed so badly that the only feasable path to gear and conquest is now... GSF.

I didn't sign up for a space combat game, especially one where people can just go afk or screw up their team and get away with it.

I didn't sign up for getting frustrated with other people trying to gear up.

I didn't sign up for it taking twice as long to get set bonus/legendaries for alts either.

Between that and the lack of story content or even any UPDATE about the future state of the game, I've decided to let my subscription expire in 2 weeks. I'm basically logging on for the logging bonus and logging off until we get new story content.

Needless to say, I'm just extremely disappointed by the direction the devs thought the game should go.

akdonkey
05.11.2022 , 11:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
I don't mind the ability pruning.

What made me decide to not renew my subscription are mostly the changes to rewards. Solo players get no upgrade drops, we now have to do specific content to get rewards, and solo conquest goals got nerfed so badly that the only feasable path to gear and conquest is now... GSF.

I didn't sign up for a space combat game, especially one where people can just go afk or screw up their team and get away with it.

I didn't sign up for getting frustrated with other people trying to gear up.

I didn't sign up for it taking twice as long to get set bonus/legendaries for alts either.

Between that and the lack of story content or even any UPDATE about the future state of the game, I've decided to let my subscription expire in 2 weeks. I'm basically logging on for the logging bonus and logging off until we get new story content.

Needless to say, I'm just extremely disappointed by the direction the devs thought the game should go.
I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words like some of you people are. I agree with everything you said here. I personally believe they targeted a player base that they don't have here. I'm not saying there are no PVPers and Raiders, just not that many. They are the most vocal. Until now.

xordevoreaux
05.11.2022 , 12:15 PM | #9
Quote:
Your post doesn't break down what might be good versus otherwise.
So don't speak for me.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

__andrea__
05.11.2022 , 12:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Ability pruning especially which literally made game less interesting to play. People can't implement different tactics and strategies because they lost needed abilities for that, some classes lost much more abilities than others (for example, deception assassin lost nearly nothing while arsenal mercenary is forced to choose between vital abilities such as stun, reflect, hydraulic override etc). All of this makes gameplay less interesting, variable and intense since everyone is just clicking small number of abilities in same order without CC tactics and without mobility part of the game (most classes lost their mobility in 7.0.).

All of these was a mistake. Game became more boring and less interesting, more monotonous. .
NAILED IT! My biggest problem with 7.0 that I lost or must choose between abilities that I loved having and thought awesome. I can't use Force Choke on my Marauder until Leve 60-something! I have to choose between two-three things I had before.

Devs need to follow this rule: DO NOT TAKE THINGS AWAY THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND ENJOY!! It's that simple!

Another thing I don't like is the lack of new content. I subscribed because I thought I would be playing a lot more in the way content, not just a hours worth of quests and a flashpoint. It's not worth $15/mo for what we got. I canceled my subscription and will wait until it's all released and resubscribe.