Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

KevMeup
12.13.2020 , 08:44 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgenydi View Post
Can anybody explain this?
The numbers seen on the tool tips are calculated based on the type of weapon equiped... And then that weapon damage is ignored when in combat. So the numbers wont actually match.

HK will be about the same as the ship droid or lana for dps. Maybe a bit lower and is missing the sunder effect.

I just finished a video parsing HK and going through the 6.2 updates: Right here
KevMeUp - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 11k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide
YouTube

rylixav
12.17.2020 , 02:31 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
Q0-77, Nico, Vette, Hamdil Tre, Theron Shan, Andronikos Revel and Ensign Temple (before her respawn) all use 2 blaster pistols and are top Ranged DPS after Shae.
Can anyone explain this line about Ensign Raina Temple? I know that when you get her back after KOTFE/KOTET she only has 1 blaster equipped, but is it just a matter of equipping her with another blaster, or has she changed in some other way?

Once I've equipped her with 2 blasters again, is she just as good as she was before? This makes it sound like there were bigger changes to the companion than just her equipment.

KevMeup
12.17.2020 , 07:58 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by rylixav View Post
Once I've equipped her with 2 blasters again, is she just as good as she was before?
It looks like I over-reacted, or they fixed something. In the past I couldn't equip her second pistol so I freaked. Today I could equip it.

So I tested, she has all 2 pistol skills, so even with 1 blaster, her skills hit twice. If you equip her second blaster her normal ranged attack also hits twice. So she's 100% as normal then.
YouTube

KevMeup
12.20.2020 , 03:38 PM | #214
I've updated the parse section to rank almost every companion in the game for DPS. There is a little more info in the video version here as well.
YouTube

phalczen
12.21.2020 , 10:21 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
It looks like I over-reacted, or they fixed something. In the past I couldn't equip her second pistol so I freaked. Today I could equip it.

So I tested, she has all 2 pistol skills, so even with 1 blaster, her skills hit twice. If you equip her second blaster her normal ranged attack also hits twice. So she's 100% as normal then.
If anyone cares about cosmetic blaster pistols for her
Spoiler

Of course, all cartel market weapons are MH and OH eligible so you could just use those.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

KevMeup
12.26.2020 , 07:21 PM | #216
I've updated the parse section with Tank Rankings as well as added a video here. I hope you enjoy.
YouTube

mike_carton
12.30.2020 , 04:44 AM | #217
Great work. Iíve been following the thread and using the results for a while.

Thank you.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

villainfoo
12.30.2020 , 09:11 PM | #218
Is it still possible to obtain the companion ZO-OM?

KevMeup
12.30.2020 , 10:13 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by villainfoo View Post
Is it still possible to obtain the companion ZO-OM?
Yup, you just need to buy the Shroud of Memory mission from the cartel. It it 3800cc right now, but it unlocks mission on all characters. Z0-0M is really a great healer.
YouTube

KevMeup
12.30.2020 , 10:14 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Great work. Iíve been following the thread and using the results for a while.

Thank you.
Thank you!
YouTube