Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Refer-a-Friend Program

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tharandil
04.15.2021 , 03:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to assess the old system while it is still in place? I'm not sure how to assess something which doesn't exist anymore. (I won't hold my breath that there will actually be an assessment.)

I hope you find a fast and fair solution for the pets and the mount. They are in collections, so there will be players who will want to acquire them. (I already have them, but I know how annoying it is to not be able to get items from the collections. Hello, certain cartel coin card pets that never even but mock me in the collections.)
What will the DEV’s implement instead? I thought it was a nice little bonus to experience some of the benefits for subbing. How will we see more nee amd returning people joining swtor?

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

ceryxp
04.15.2021 , 03:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to assess the old system while it is still in place? I'm not sure how to assess something which doesn't exist anymore. (I won't hold my breath that there will actually be an assessment.)
I am quite certain they will look into the matter was as much post and haste as they have done with other matters. The Grand Chance Cube that was erroneously removed from the Intro to Conquests mission. The removal of players being able to utilize chapter specific temporary companions outside of their respective chapter that was an unintended consequence of a solution to another issue. An icon for the Galactic Strongholds sub-forum. I am quite certain a response with be presented forthwith.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Just your average opinionated, disabled, queer gaymer.

DreadtechSavant
04.15.2021 , 04:03 PM | #23
Ok, one thing this does not cover is player(s) who have brought things like Unify Colors of cartel market. Many buy these for possable future accounts or to sell. In effect this make these worthless. Are these going to removed from inventrys and CC given back?

On the plus side with luck this will end RAF links in gen chat, cannot say I will miss these.

Sarova
04.15.2021 , 04:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

On April 27th we will begin sunsetting our current Refer-a-Friend (RAF) program. Starting on that day, you will no longer be able to refer new players into the program via your RAF link--however any current referrals will remain in place.
RIP my magical clicky link however, YAY to more space in my signature to bug people with Quinn/Theron/Rivix content & romance requests! [cue evil laughter ]
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

Spikanor
04.15.2021 , 04:43 PM | #25
so in the end we all going to pay the price thanks to the people that abuse yet again a system exploited so that we now all going to pay the price for it again?

so in this case you can tell more: that the problem that are selling there refer a friend link in the game to get free cartal coins and not wane pay for it its more thanks to that abuse more there going to chance it?

DreadtechSavant
04.15.2021 , 05:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Spikanor View Post
so in the end we all going to pay the price thanks to the people that abuse yet again a system exploited so that we now all going to pay the price for it again?

so in this case you can tell more: that the problem that are selling there refer a friend link in the game to get free cartal coins and not wane pay for it its more thanks to that abuse more there going to chance it?
Well cannot disagree, in-effect yes all must pay the price for others abuse. This is BW after all. I not overly negative about BW but yep in this case.

Still as I said in my other post, won't miss the endless RAF link posts in gen chat. All in all, I can live with that.

denavin
04.15.2021 , 05:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoPlushka View Post
Well I think it was predictable that would come. But I'm really interested what will happen with RAF prizes as the mount and some droid pets? Never happened to get all 5 of them but hoped that 1 day I could get 5 friends who don't mind to use my refferel code. Now it will be really sad if ppl never get the chance to get these items after 27th of April... Hope you still let ppl get them in collection though...
I don't need any more pets and I already have over 40 mounts. CC's are a better choice as those can at least be used by all.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

HKtheindomitable
04.15.2021 , 06:59 PM | #28
I'm really not sad to see this go. I've always felt kind of "meh" about it. I was only able to get like three people to use my link since RAF launched, and only one of them subbed. And that only lasted like a month. Yeah boy! It didn't help that most people would only use the link of "famous" players. And those usually were the ones that would sub and stay subbed. If you weren't one of them, or didn't go out of your way to promote the link, it wasn't all that great. Great on paper, but not that great in use.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

-Rachel-
04.15.2021 , 07:46 PM | #29
I did not feel the need, to use it + I did not feel the need, to promote it = I won't really miss it.
Sorry, I do not want it to sound harsh or anything, for those it matters, hope things get solved rewards wise.

Tofu_Shark
04.15.2021 , 07:47 PM | #30
I'm surprised it took this long. People have been exploiting the referral program for years. BioWare has been throwing money away for literally that long. It's good to see you guys finally came to your senses. This might help stem the inflation problem over the long-term. It's the first in a list of things that need to be done to fight it.

Anyone with questionable morals that exploited the system though has enough CC to last them probably until the game closes down. I fear that the discontinuation of the referral program will anger those that have unfairly benefited from it and they will in response not buy any more CC, because why would they when they were getting it literally for practically free? All they had to do was make enough credits or get a lucky loot crate score to be able to play the GTN game, to be able to make enough credits to buy off players, to keep the CC flowing in, to buy stuff off the CM to sell on the GTN and make gobs of credits, and once you had enough referrals, this was a self-sustaining system. Depending on when these people started playing, they may have already been set to exploit this program. I've seen ordinary players brag about being able to buy a hypercrate in a month or two just off of the CC they made off of referrals when asked. It's one thing for content creators to benefit just by including their link in the video description. They at least contribute to the community. It's another for ordinary players to prey on newbs to generate CC.

What I'd like to know now is how BioWare is going to handle the players that paid often unsuspecting newbs a one-time payment that was in no way fair for use of their referral code that would pay out indefinitely, as long as they were subscribed, and for what amounted to the referee a drop in the bucket in credits . Because exploiters should not make off with their illegally obtained gains when other people used the program in an honest fashion. And those people whining in this thread about the program's end are most likely those that greatly and unfairly benefited from the program by use of the aforementioned method.

I also look forward to having an actual signature on the forum again.
MMOs are supposed to add content, not remove content: *Galactic Map - 3D planet models, satellites, and home stars or mother planets shown, similar to Mass Effect's map, *Tython Captured Padawans - dead Padawan in cage missing that triggers mission *Advanced Class NPCs *etc., etc., etc.