Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

June PvP Report

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darthanimus's Avatar


Darthanimus
07.12.2019 , 08:19 AM | #21
Could I ask a question:

Regarding those who have had action against their accounts for breaking ToS in ranked. Do they get stripped of their rewards for said behavior, such as titles, mounts, gear etc?
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
07.12.2019 , 08:48 AM | #22
This looks better, glad to hear the system may not incentivize cheaters anymore in terms of rewards (credits, materials, gear, wz adrenals / medpacks etc). Hopefully these things get taken away from them.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Only an actual cheater/wintrader would type a post like this with a straight face.
He furiously defended a known cheaters honor, just a little while back.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
07.12.2019 , 08:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimTheGlutt View Post
Better yet just don't FORCE people to PVP.
Rather than only have 1 weekly let people choose which weekly they want - The medals, the FP or the Ops. And equalise the time requirement. PVP one is by a long long mile the easiets of the bunch. Make the FP just 1 Master mode. Make the Ops one grant 2 crystals as it takes longer to do the Ops and the queues very rarely pop.
Speculation based on observation:

The 8-medal reward is filed under Ranked PvP missions on the mission board. I suspect that this mission was supposed to be for ranked-only, and that it is bugged, which is why it completes in regs. The devs probably never fixed it because we players would rage

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Only an actual cheater/wintrader would type a post like this with a straight face.
Mmm McCarthyism.

Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
honestly, I cannot recall ever experiencing a desync issue with force speed - certainly not recently. it's always roll, leap, rocket out, mad dash (in that order and often, although not necessarily, with some elevation change).
A lot of the claims of supposed desync is caused by crappy connections, distance to server, and ping to the server. Take Trixxie for example. She thought people were cheating, but in truth it's because she is in Australia/NZ region and forced to play on the nearest server which is in the northeastern US.

The "real desync" is caused by elevation + certain abilities like you say.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
07.12.2019 , 10:09 AM | #24
force speed affects desync.

more times than I can count I have tried to kill a sin/sorc who has the ball at the final acid trap before the goal in queshball.. and they are just not there.

on a side note I was able to force choke a sorc who in mid and I was at ball because he desynced so hard through the map that I got a force choke off... pretty impressive how bad the system is. but I digress, the only way that sorc could have been stunned by desync is "if" he desynced, ie force speed.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
07.12.2019 , 10:39 AM | #25
If you are watching/fighting a person with a ****** connection, you will see desync on them as well. I can watch *some* players leap holotraverse force speed around traps and never see any desync at all. Then others... it's like a teleport fest.

But those traps are also notoriously desyncy, so I'm not arguing against that. I just tired get tired of the generic calls of "rabble rabble desync!"
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.12.2019 , 12:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
You actually just proved his point. He didn't say he wintrade or cheat he said that because of Dsync (which is obvious not the problem of players, i also dsync sometimes due to mad dash used up from a bridge), he just said that often he gets against bad players which can look like wintrade but it isn't. Just luck with queue which is not happening all the time. Personall, i also often accuse people in wintrade even though iam not sure enough they really do it just because the fights with them looked suspicious to me. Sometimes i was confident people indeed wintraded yet in many cases i was mistaken. Developers should not bann just because of minor suspicious, they must have real edvidence and confidence that accused player indeed wintraded or used hacks. They can't just start banning people right and left, this may lead to claims in courts, people quiting the game and other negative consequences.
Both you and he have admitted to wintrading on the forums in the past. No one is suggesting that people should be banned without evidence. Again, only someone breaking the rules would object to harsher punishments for bad behavior.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Mmm McCarthyism.
It's really not.
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
Put middle rated players in one team against highrated players who gets full garbage from 800-1200 elo is actually a "punishment" for highrated player and carry for middle rated players and lowrated players. I tend to agree with omaan on renoving elo as a criteria of matchmaking since it proposes many ways of manipulating matchmaking. One of my friends who got top 2 spot in sr in this season manipulated it by getting to high elo alone but when he reached top 5 spot and was not far from top 3 branch he asked me and some other skilled friends to log in and queue on lowest rated characers we had. We did it and because of this due to his high elo and ours lowest elo system matched us in one team 4-5 times (he had some pops without us though but he won most of them alone and lose only 2 times). Thx to matching us together and the fact we all are skilled pvp players we were able to win those 4 fights together providing our friend top 2 spot.

is is wintrade? No because we werent in enemy team doing nothing or stucking, instead we were in one team with this friend playing in full strength as ranked requires us to play. Yet this is what called elo manipulation which allows players to boost their elo by abusing knowledge of how matchmaking works.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
07.12.2019 , 12:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
Put middle rated players in one team against highrated players who gets full garbage from 800-1200 elo is actually a "punishment" for highrated player and carry for middle rated players and lowrated players. I tend to agree with omaan on renoving elo as a criteria of matchmaking since it proposes many ways of manipulating matchmaking. One of my friends who got top 2 spot in sr in this season manipulated it by getting to high elo alone but when he reached top 5 spot and was not far from top 3 branch he asked me and some other skilled friends to log in and queue on lowest rated characers we had. We did it and because of this due to his high elo and ours lowest elo system matched us in one team 4-5 times (he had some pops without us though but he won most of them alone and lose only 2 times). Thx to matching us together and the fact we all are skilled pvp players we were able to win those 4 fights together providing our friend top 2 spot.

is is wintrade? No because we werent in enemy team doing nothing or stucking, instead we were in one team with this friend playing in full strength as ranked requires us to play. Yet this is what called elo manipulation which allows players to boost their elo by abusing knowledge of how matchmaking works.
this is actually fascinating. see yesterday, I went up against a top 3 vanguard. thing was, it was rat tier and and he had 2 sentiels... who were absolute no names. I started the match with "if we lose this we all need to uninstall" and then boom the damage started pouring out and it was like.. the f**k? we lost by a landslide.

2 minutes in, the whole team was cleaved down to nothing.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.12.2019 , 12:59 PM | #28
Yes its necessary to do something about matches like these https://imgur.com/a/IOFcXnA
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.12.2019 , 01:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
I have an idea to deincentivize cheating.

1) remove loss elo entirely.

2) replace it with elo decay.

3) make the win count for rewards/elo very high.
That is highly exploitable and would lead to a dead que over time.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.12.2019 , 01:06 PM | #30
Dear Mike thank you for your report as always!!

I am mainly excited about the last parts you mentioned where the system might change in the future. It will surely not bring back all those seasons that were wintraded but its a start and I am looking forward to it!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015