Repeat fight

tunewalker

• 1 month later...
Certainly makes me wish they had followed the model of Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne, and made it a repeatable chapter. Don't quote me on this, but I've heard that originally there was planned to be a part 3 of the Eternal Empire saga, but it was scrapped. The Echoes of Oblivion story and the events leading into it are basically an abridged version of what was planned.

• 2 months later...
Certainly makes me wish they had followed the model of Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne, and made it a repeatable chapter. Don't quote me on this, but I've heard that originally there was planned to be a part 3 of the Eternal Empire saga, but it was scrapped. The Echoes of Oblivion story and the events leading into it are basically an abridged version of what was planned.

Yeah, there were three Knights expansions planned, all roughly the same length as Fallen Empire (16 chapters). Eternal Throne was cut short (just 9 chapters) and the third expansion was replaced with Onslaught. Bioware wanted to release a new chapter each month, so players would subscribe for 3 years to see all the story. What actually happened was Bioware couldn't keep up with monthly releases so that it was frequently 2-3 months between chapters, and the chapters were no longer than an hour. Players weren't too keen paying $30-45 for an hour of new content. After players quit, Bioware had to reverse course back to the old MMO style, but Eternal Throne was already in development. They cut its story to a minimum, changing all the companion return chapters into single-conversation alerts. The third expansion was cut down to just the small story update, Echoes of Oblivion.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, there were three Knights expansions planned, all roughly the same length as Fallen Empire (16 chapters). Eternal Throne was cut short (just 9 chapters) and the third expansion was replaced with Onslaught. Bioware wanted to release a new chapter each month, so players would subscribe for 3 years to see all the story. What actually happened was Bioware couldn't keep up with monthly releases so that it was frequently 2-3 months between chapters, and the chapters were no longer than an hour. Players weren't too keen paying $30-45 for an hour of new content. After players quit, Bioware had to reverse course back to the old MMO style, but Eternal Throne was already in development. They cut its story to a minimum, changing all the companion return chapters into single-conversation alerts. The third expansion was cut down to just the small story update, Echoes of Oblivion.

I really wish they had completed the whole story like what was planned. Lost out on a lot of potential and character develpment.

I have to laugh though when you said releasing one hour every 2 to 3 months. Honestly it is more than what we are getting now. Now it's down to one hour every six months maybe? Makes me sad where this game is heading.

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

What they should do is add echos to the tail end of kotet as chapter 10. Kind of like they did with the hk quest in kotfe so it can be repeated.