Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

JSykes
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by Norli View Post
nope it has not, they where around +900k last Time checked 2 Days ago.
VGChartz, is wrong, horribly wrong.
Representation of TOR from Launch to the end of the free month is here.

meander
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokey_swtor View Post
You sir have said exactly what I was thinking. Spot on!

side note: Thank you to anyone and everyone who has made this day possible!
extra side note: I didnt get a chance to enter my code in until the end of last month, does it bother me? yes!! Will I rage on the forums like a 3yr old? NO!

Wake up ppl!! Today is the start of something amazing! We should all be happy and thankful for the opportunity to live our star wars dream! We all are fans of star wars and despite some mishaps with lucas arts and that sad blue ray release they did, WE THE FANS have stuck together and been an awesome community of friendly ppl. Lets keep it like that and stop all this complaining and whining...

couldnt of said it any better i think people are just anxious to get in and play thay've been waiting a long time and there being frustrated cause the day they get to play is so close they can taste it... so please dont be to hard on these ragers they'll be ok ....

Koru
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcebiades View Post
I fail to see how he was acting like a 6 year old.

Personally I agree with him, tiered early access is ridiculous. You are correct, early access is a gift, not a right. So if that's the case, then why should someone ordering a week earlier get a better gift? Put in the terms of a 6 year old, that's like saying you are a twin but you came out first and are therefore getting a bigger birthday present.

A tiered early access period will not by default mean an easier or better launch period. The only thing that a tiered early access period allows for is slightly less competition in the newbie areas.... which is an issue they CANNOT guarantee, because how many of the EAccess people are at work and unable to take advantage right now?

If they were so insistant on using a tiered entrance system, the least they could have done was to provide people with some advance warning regarding when they are getting in. You're right, they've been working for years on this game, but there are players out there that have been WAITING years for this game. Sending the emails out a few days in advance would have allowed their playerbase to take full advantage of the gift of EAccess without the waste of taking days off work when they can't even get in.
Do you make this same argument for the people who are first in line on black friday? Or people who do get the last few tickets to a movie/concert about to sell out? And again I state "Up to 5 days of early access"... That doesn't sound like "EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY STARTING ON 12/13."

I also don't remember Stephen Reid saying: If you pre-ordered you will absolutely be able to play on the 13th.

Just calm down and let them do their job. Capitulating to nerd rants demanding explanations probably won't expedite the process much.

Oh BTW I am a nerd. I am just not ranting
Sineya Maurader, Pazula Juggernaut, Kookookachoo Sorcerer, Psythos Assassin, Madeon Powertech, Mockingbird Sniper
Quaffle Commando, Quelle Gunslinger
The Mompcork Legacy

jackliuu
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #984
When you received the email, do you have to confirm it to login?

revanstar
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
no you do not, some people have apparently had the email come way late
Thank you for answering that
Level 50 Bounty Hunter tank and Level 50 Sorcorer healer

Wargolem
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #986
Quote: Originally Posted by Didley View Post
SWTOR is a bit over 3 hours online. In early game access that is.
Already the forums, twitter, FB etc is exploding with nerds raging

What I watch is a carefull ramping up of access to the game. By the hour you will see the severs filling up. It seems to me that BW/EA is in full control.

I patiently await my play button to become active.

For now... the raging is rather amusing.

IIRC official launch is Dec 20. I will be in earlier, but not today.

CYall I hope that all who threaten to cancel subs actually do so.

By the hour ? careful ?

They let like 10 people in the first wave and the second has been going for about an hour and a half.

If they cant stabilize the servers in 3.5 hours with only a fraction of the population in, then they have bigger issues than they can handle.

Telling you, they are making you wait so later they can put out the illusion of a flawless launch.
They will say servers never got stressed at all. Easy to do when you only let 100 people per zone play at a time
Gun - Shrapnel - Wargolem
BH - IA

masterpot
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #987
c'mon let me in.

i'm tired of playing with myself.

Rhyltran
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #988
Quote: Originally Posted by Zones View Post
Can't be more than a thousand. I intitally didn't care about the staggering until I found they hadn't even invited all the day one people yet.

What are they doing inviting a thousand people per wave? This game has a million preorders if it can't handle a few hundred thousand per wave you need to get it working.
The game has almost 1,000,000 PHYSICAL NA pre-orders. Again, I'll post some interesting statistics.

Rift had 59,000 pre-orders during early access. According to Rift they had a total of 600,000 players during early access and most of their pre-orders came from digital sales. If 59,000 physical ended up 600,000 total.. well SWTOR has 939,000 physical...

armyfreed
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #989
I'm screwed i pre-ordered and bought the game 2 days ago... b/c it said i get early access. They are probably saying, (yeah you get early access for 2hrs lol) FML ....argh!

Nilenya
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #990
I'm 100% certain that every preorder will have access by the 15th. I think they pushed headstart to the 13th to be able to deliver at a minimum 5 full days of headstart to every preorder they got. I think they will have waves of nvites every 2-3 hours throughout the next 2 days untill everyone is invited and either playing or not based on their own personal schedules.