Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Patjoew
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #991
But is it not possible to make something like wave numbers, they have an certain amount of people in a wave. In order well to say! so there is allready a certain quee. Is it not possible to say in which wave we are? i dont need know when the wave is getting acces. but following which wave has acces i know if i still have to wait certain amount of waves aka i can go back to bed
When all things are wrong, Nothing can be right.

Don't disturb an Enemy at the moment he's going to make a mistake.

Atelus
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Excuse me? Where did you hear this?
CE does get early release, I got my email this morning. Won't be able to play until after work though but yeah, I did receive it and I have CE.
Victory without war... what's the point of that?
Moff Geist

freakuancy
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #993
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthLordB View Post
Wow, way to take my words and twist them noob. Early access is a gift. Yep, I totally agree... which also means.. I have yet to get any kind of service for the money they have had for months. Why are you people so stupid to see that side of the coin.

Secondly, you didn't notice the fact I point out early access is one the greatest tests an MMO can have before launch. You got so hung up on other things like most children do. They are pissing on a huge opportunity here for testing. Learn to read the entire comment.
But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.
ך|||||◊| ███████████████████████████)

potroast
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #994
I see a correlation among whiners and their bad grammar. Stay in school.

Devorah
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #995
Quote: Originally Posted by masterpot View Post
c'mon let me in.

i'm tired of playing with myself.
and coffee all over my shirt.
Thank you, I needed that
Greed purifies in the way it burns the world
Balancing wish with loss
Until we own nothing
Nothing but our perfect longing. - Leonard Cohen

sengman
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #996
Quote: Originally Posted by Redredred View Post
So if I purchased on the weekend and downloaded on Sunday, when do you guys think I may get in?
My guess is 7 weeks from next Thursday at the rate they are going. They have to be careful that they do not overload their servers that they may never let any of us in just to make sure the game is stable.

macedontomov
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #997
kinda happy this morning when i read the post, now im not anymore. 2 of my friends who redeemed there code 2 months later then i did are already in. Have to say iam disappointed in BW again.

Well i will be happy as soon as im in.
The force is forever

HarrySTruman
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #998
I don't have a problem with staggered early access, but I'm curious how they plan to handle the natural increase in player population that takes place as the day goes on. I dimly recall from Steam stats that "prime time" for gaming is rather like prime time for US TV watching -- East coast evening time. I know I have friends who've received their emails already but can't play because they're at work. What if Bioware allows in 6 waves before prime time, and then prime time hits and player population soars. Will Bioware wish they'd only let in 3 waves?
Guild leader of Imperium Arcanum: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/270049/imperium-arcanum

Sister guild of House Arcanum: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/61787/house-arcanum

Dizietsma
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by Norli View Post
nope it has not, they where around +900k last Time checked 2 Days ago.
vgchartz only shows physical preorders made in the US, it does not show digital preorders in the US, or any type of preorder from outside the US.

there may or may not be 3 million preorders, but there is definately more than the 900k vgchartz shows.
I want playable Zeltron's too!
You can disagree with me if you want, people who are wrong frequently do.

MaGicBush
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1000
Quote: Originally Posted by exodeath View Post
Were we playing the same games? Cus Aion servers dropped alot. And Rift did infact have servers go down. And are you seriously using a failed MMO as a reason why BW should do the same?
I said they did crash on ocasion, but the servers I played on personally never really had issues. A failed MMO does not mean launch didn't go smooth either :P. WAR's issues were with late game and PvE content, not how it was launched.