Fix Companion Appearance in Stronghold

EAFSAMWISE

Most of you are by now aware of these considerable bugs regarding companion display in strongholds but I would like to address them since they haven't been fixed:

1) Companions turning into holo if not part of the class the current toon is logged onto. In my opinion, they should just spawn in as they were placed by their respective toons. They should be treated as decorations, not as the actual comps. I mean come on, I was really looking forward to having a Jedi Harem w/ Kira Carsen, Nadia Grell, Jaesa Wilsaam, and Ashara Zavros all in the same place xD

2) Companions I unlocked being unavailable: Treek, Malavai Quinn, and Jakarro are all unavailable and/or not appearing as decoration options despite being usable as companions on that toon and Treek being in collections

3) Dashade confusion: Ak'ghal Usar, the dashade unlocked through the Alliance Alerts, comes up under Khem Val's name and appearance regardless of what character I'm on. This disappoints me bc I was really looking forward to having two Dashade bodyguards

4) Companions in underwear: Kira and Scourge specifically are showing up just in their underwear if I try to place either of them, especially once I've re-acquired them post-Onslaught. I keep getting told this is a "gift" from BioWare but honestly I don't find it amusing since it ruins the aesthetic in my stronghold. Please fix it.

Most of you are by now aware of these considerable bugs regarding companion display in strongholds but I would like to address them since they haven't been fixed:

1) Companions turning into holo if not part of the class the current toon is logged onto. In my opinion, they should just spawn in as they were placed by their respective toons. They should be treated as decorations, not as the actual comps. I mean come on, I was really looking forward to having a Jedi Harem w/ Kira Carsen, Nadia Grell, Jaesa Wilsaam, and Ashara Zavros all in the same place xD

This isn't actually a bug. They are *meant* to do that. It might not be what you *want*, but it *is* what the studio built it to be. (For what it's worth, this behaviour has attracted a lot of criticism over the years, but it is in no way clear what they should look like on other characters, especially if the player has multiple characters of the "original" class.)

2) Companions I unlocked being unavailable: Treek, Malavai Quinn, and Jakarro are all unavailable and/or not appearing as decoration options despite being usable as companions on that toon and Treek being in collections

That belongs in the Bug Reports forum.

3) Dashade confusion: Ak'ghal Usar, the dashade unlocked through the Alliance Alerts, comes up under Khem Val's name and appearance regardless of what character I'm on. This disappoints me bc I was really looking forward to having two Dashade bodyguards

That belongs in the Bug Reports forum.

4) Companions in underwear: Kira and Scourge specifically are showing up just in their underwear if I try to place either of them, especially once I've re-acquired them post-Onslaught. I keep getting told this is a "gift" from BioWare but honestly I don't find it amusing since it ruins the aesthetic in my stronghold. Please fix it.

It's not a gift. It's an actual bug, like the other two. It also affects Light Side Jaesa once she returns. The key thing to remember is that, from a game-mechanical point of view, the companions that "return" aren't the ones that left. In a few cases, they have different names, and some of them don't use the same weapon(s) as they did before they left.

What's broken for Kira, Scourge and LSJ is the link between the old version and the new version, so under X or Y condition, you see the "old" versions, the ones who handed over their gear when the new versions "returned".

But it's a bug.

I get what you're saying about point #1, but even if you have multiple characters of the same class, couldn't they just program it based on which character within the legacy placed those characters? They should make it so that we can place more than one of the same companion and that we have one companion decoration available for every character that has that companion. I hope that makes sense; it would certainly fix the problem

I get what you're saying about point #1, but even if you have multiple characters of the same class, couldn't they just program it based on which character within the legacy placed those characters? They should make it so that we can place more than one of the same companion and that we have one companion decoration available for every character that has that companion. I hope that makes sense; it would certainly fix the problem

Yes, of course they could, but what happens if I place a decoration for Treyla's companion Aric Jorgan, and then I delete Treyla? What does that decoration do? (Currently, it doesn't change because it is not Treyla's Aric Jorgan, but Whoever-is-looking-at-it's" Aric Jorgan.)

1) That's how they work. I think that's a as intended.

2) That sounds like a bug. I think.

I'm not sure if Jakarro is intended or not, but he has never had a decoration. Not sure if a yellow post has ever clarified this.

For his reappearance after the Iokath story, on warrior's, Quinn is bugged. If you get him back on non-warriors, you can place him down like a normal companion decoration.

Treek (and Hk-51) do have faction companion decorations. If your Imperial character places one of them down, they'll be a holo for Republic characters.

3) I've been complaining about this for a while. Ever since Non-Khem was introduced, they messed up the companion decoration. Originally placing Khem down gave you the Non-Khem, but now Khem does have his own decoration but it's bugged (no customization or name when placed) and Non-Khem isn't even listed.

4) Elara, Quinn (except on Non-Warriors, he'll be clothed when my non-warriors place him down), Kira and Scourge are all in their underwear.

Never had issues with Elara but there were issues with Quinn. I chose to side with the Republic on Iokath and so it registered that I had "rejected" him in the companion window. However I was able to obtain him via the companion terminal on Odessen. Despite this, he doesn't register as an available decoration when I scroll through the decoration window and it says I don't have him. This is different from, say, Torian, who I chose not to save at the end of KOTET but who is available for decoration regardless once I recover him from the terminal.