Why isn't there an amban sniper rifle variant?

Sideblaze

?????????????????? why can't they use it, I've a sniper using the sabac rifle, a blaster rifle, the same as the amban, and none of his abilities are blocked?

Snipers can use blaster rifles or sniper rifles because Imperial Agents can use both. Bounty Hunters can only use blaster pistols, and the Amban rifle is specifically a sniper rifle. So the problem is that the class that inspired the armor and weapon can’t use the weapon at all because they aren’t proficient with it.

Snipers can use blaster rifles or sniper rifles because Imperial Agents can use both. Bounty Hunters can only use blaster pistols, and the Amban rifle is specifically a sniper rifle. So the problem is that the class that inspired the armor and weapon can’t use the weapon at all because they aren’t proficient with it.

Every time one of my agents draws a weapon in a cutscene, it's a blaster pistol... :eek:

first of all, it is a [Amban JP Blaster Rifle] *Blaster rifle, available in collections as.....wait for it...a blaster rifle...whatever you think it is in the mandalorian doesn't make it here. Secondly, he acknowledged the BH can't use it, but was complaining that the sniper couldn't either, which we know is wrong, cause they can use it.

first of all, it is a [Amban JP Blaster Rifle] *Blaster rifle, available in collections as.....wait for it...a blaster rifle...whatever you think it is in the mandalorian doesn't make it here. Secondly, he acknowledged the BH can't use it, but was complaining that the sniper couldn't either, which we know is wrong, cause they can use it.

They may be able to use a blaster rifle but by doing so they gimp their dps. A sniper rifle with the exact same mods in it does more damage than the blaster rifle in the hands of a Sniper. Same holds true with a Assault Cannon vs a Blaster Rifle in the hands of a Commando. The variance range for my Sniper is 550 less minimum damage and 236 less maximum damage with the blaster rifle.

They may be able to use a blaster rifle but by doing so they gimp their dps. A sniper rifle with the exact same mods in it does more damage than the blaster rifle in the hands of a Sniper. Same holds true with a Assault Cannon vs a Blaster Rifle in the hands of a Commando. The variance range for my Sniper is 550 less minimum damage and 236 less maximum damage with the blaster rifle.

It's more serious for Commandos, since there's a bunch of abilities that don't work if you use a blaster rifle.

Because it's a -20% damage loss, effectively. Kind of a big deal.

I compared my sabbac rifle, with a sniper rifle, on my sniper, both unmodded, with only a [Advanced White Eviscerating Crystal] in each, all the stats are the same except Damage (pri), the blaster rifle (307 - 321), sniper rifle (317-325)

Doesn't seem that big of a difference, so where does the -20 come in?

*Not saying you are wrong, just wondering if it's in a stat I haven't seen, or does it increase with mods, etc.

As I don't play NiM/PvP or any hard content where stats really matter, I've never noticed any difference.

Because it's a -20% damage loss, effectively. Kind of a big deal.

I've done the math before, and the difference at level 70 and 75 is in the neighborhood of a 3% drop of min damage and a 5% drop on max damage based on the tooltip damage numbers (or maybe I got those backwards) on abilities that use weapon damage. No loss on abilities that don't use weapon damage.

So in a worst case scenario of every attack being max damage, Marksman Snipers, who only have one non-weapon damage ability in their rotation, should lose less than 5% of their damage. That number decreases further if they have Agitating Energies since Corrosive Dart doesn't use weapon damage. If you are doing progression raiding, then yeah that is probably significant, but for other content it is barely noticeable.

It's more serious for Commandos, since there's a bunch of abilities that don't work if you use a blaster rifle.

Commandos only lose two abilities if they are using an Assault Rifle instead of an Assault Cannon, Hail of Bolts, their AOE ability, and that ability where they shoot their gun to jump backwards...I never use it so I don't remember its name.

I've done the math before, and the difference at level 70 and 75 is in the neighborhood of a 3% drop of min damage and a 5% drop on max damage based on the tooltip damage numbers (or maybe I got those backwards) on abilities that use weapon damage. No loss on abilities that don't use weapon damage.

So in a worst case scenario of every attack being max damage, Marksman Snipers, who only have one non-weapon damage ability in their rotation, should lose less than 5% of their damage. That number decreases further if they have Agitating Energies since Corrosive Dart doesn't use weapon damage. If you are doing progression raiding, then yeah that is probably significant, but for other content it is barely noticeable.

Commandos only lose two abilities if they are using an Assault Rifle instead of an Assault Cannon, Hail of Bolts, their AOE ability, and that ability where they shoot their gun to jump backwards...I never use it so I don't remember its name.

I only quit using my bowcaster because I noticed there were actual sniper rifles. None of the math, pun incoming, entered into the equation. I was progression raiding at the time, and nobody said "your damage sucks". I'm totally sure I would have noticed a 20% increase in overall DPS, if there had been such a thing.

Huh. I thought I remembered that Boltstorm required the HBG, but apparently it doesn't now. (Dunno if that's a change or a misremembering, sadly.)

And the backjump is Propulsion Round.

Huh. I thought I remembered that Boltstorm required the HBG, but apparently it doesn't now. (Dunno if that's a change or a misremembering, sadly.)

And the backjump is Propulsion Round.

I think they used to need it for Boltstorm a long time ago, but it was changed at some point prior to when I came back to the game, which was before Onslaught.

• 8 months later...