Mouse Look + Turn Issues/Camera Jerkiness - Still a problem.

Dplettner

So to start off - I've been experiencing a problem, which I've figured out has persisted since 2011, from what I could find so far.

It all ends up in your mouse making weird twitching when holding down Right Click to move around your camera, sometimes making a weird twitching, rotating your camera like a crazy person, ending up in a random direction every time. This usually happens when I've been holding down Right Click, and then double-right clicking, while rotating my camera.

There's an old thread (Linked below) showing the exact same problem. I've recently gone through every single solution I could find in there, but none of them seems to be working.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=108206

I've tried this out on 3 different type of mice, which are all listed below.

1. Roccat Nyth (With the Roccat Swarm software installed and fully updated, after reinstall)

2. And original Dell Opric Mouse (No software required)

3. An ancient Trackball mouse I had lying around.

The problem persisted on every single mouse.

I've also tried doing what I could in the Windows Control Panel, concerning the mouse - But no luck.

This made me conclude that the problem being the mouse was very unlikely.

I've also tried changing my Max-prerendered frames to 1, which sadly didn't help either.

I've also tried both Fullscreen, Windowed Fullscreen and Windowed mode - No luck.

I then tried changing my Screens Refresh rate - Didn't help either.

I also tried disabling V-Sync - But no.

It would be nice, if the support would try to actually do something about this bug, since it stands pretty clear, that it's a persistant bug, and a lot of people are experiencing it.

I'm slowly running out of ideas here, since the bug makes the game near impossible to play, when you get these twitches at random (Unless you do the double-click method - That is pretty much every single time).

Any chance this can have something to do with Windows? From what I can tell, people who have been experiencing these bugs have all been using Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10.

Sorry if the post is filled with typos. My first language is far from English.

Best regards

The person who accidentally ran off a cliff, because his mouse twitched.

*UPDATE*

I've been researching a bit more, and I found out that some people had also experienced a similar bug in World of Warcraft, a long time ago. Their solution was to Disable display scaling on high dpi settings, in the compatibility settings of the game. I am currently testing this out. I will post an update in an hour, explaining how it works out.

*UPDATE*

About 30 minutes have passed, and so far it's running smoothly. I have to provoke the problem to make it happen just a little now, which is expected, since I am currently forcing Windows to run a program in a manner it doesn't normally want to. Will post another update in a while.

*UPDATE*

So far the problem has only happened four times, which is clearly a reduction. So far I would state that this is the best fix out there. I will keep posting, if anything changes.

*FINAL UPDATE, UNTIL BUG REAPPEARS*

I would count this as an optional fix to the problem. So far I've only experienced the bug 4 times, which is more than fine for me at least. Unless the problem comes back, I will count this thread as solved.

Edited by Dplettner

• 2 months later...
Im having a problem with my mouse cursor randomly appearing in the middle of my screen w/ the issue of sharp upwards camera angles at random times. How did you get to the compatibility settings for the mouse ?

Depends on the specific mouse you're using, if it has it's own software and your version of Windows.

Quickest thing to do is open up Device Manager in Windows and check there. If you have a fancy mouse, chances are it has it's own software that overrides those settings which is why I was asking about that.

I believe this is valid: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

edit: Having said that, changing that setting never worked for me. Sorry.

Edited by dr_mike

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

In case anyone comes across this issue the fix was for me was to lower the "polling rate" of my mouse. You can do this in the application that comes with the drivers of your mouse (for me it was Logitech HUB. For Razer, it would be Razer Synapse).

This, paired with the DPI setting, helped.

• 5 months later...

I can indeed confirm that the high-dpi windows setting paired with lowering mouse polling (Logitech G520) to 125 (reports per second) has totally fixed the issue. I have conducted extensive testing and, indeed the issue is absolutely and utterly gone.

My undying gratitude to the person that found this solution.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
In case anyone comes across this issue the fix was for me was to lower the "polling rate" of my mouse. You can do this in the application that comes with the drivers of your mouse (for me it was Logitech HUB. For Razer, it would be Razer Synapse).

This, paired with the DPI setting, helped.

You're an absolute lifesaver. Thank you so much, and may the force be with you.