Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Spirit of Vegeance Flashpoint Solo - Over Powered

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Spirit of Vegeance Flashpoint Solo - Over Powered

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
04.29.2021 , 08:53 PM | #31
I just completed this on my Gunslinger. Had no issues what so ever The 2nd group of adds on the last boss I popped one Defensive cooldown, but it was not hard at all. No more nerfs are needed for this FP.

Hadsil's Avatar


Hadsil
04.29.2021 , 11:32 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I am a solo player and hate pvp and I have 2 of my characters in 306 gear. I do heroics and weeklies and get the fragments. I used the fragments first on the correct gear that is good for the character's spec and then go to the upgrade vendor in the fleet and exchange the fragments for mods, etc. Of course it will take you a bit to go through the gear as it gives you the next tier that you don't have but it doesn't require competitive play nor pvp to gear your character.
But I shouldn't need to for Story Mode. I don't have South Park Killing Boars time to grind 8 characters, one for each class, into their own set of complete 306 gear doing heroics and weeklies. I should be able to play the Story as I have always been able to with whatever gear I get from playing the previous Story.

Flashmansblade's Avatar


Flashmansblade
05.02.2021 , 01:32 PM | #33
I've fond that gear doesn't make any difference but some classes are much easier than others. I got my gunslinger, sniper & marauder through first time whereas my merc & juggernaut kept being killed no matter what tactics I tried. This is when being able to switch to a stronger companion would likely help.

Jevnaker's Avatar


Jevnaker
05.03.2021 , 11:27 AM | #34
I have done this horror of a storymode flashpoint twice. on my merc and on my jedi knight. And both were wearing 306 gear and it in both cases took over 1 hours 30 minutes because of how op all the mobs are i died over 10 times. The trash mobs are still so super mega op that the bosses are easier at least in comparison. Not even the chiss one was so bad for me when it first came out. It is an absolute slogfest of a grind due to all the op mobs. this place needs to be nerfed even more especially on storymode. I decided to try all three sentinel speccs, to see if that helped matters it did not.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

Pricia's Avatar


Pricia
05.03.2021 , 04:31 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
When people say solo story mode SoV is STILL BROKEN. That people have been saying it's broken since day 1.
But we see no one complaining about solo story mode Secrets of the Enclave being too difficult so far.

That's where the problem is.
Secrets of the Enclave is also ridiculously easy. Maybe some middle ground would be nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jevnaker View Post
I have done this horror of a storymode flashpoint twice. on my merc and on my jedi knight. And both were wearing 306 gear and it in both cases took over 1 hours 30 minutes because of how op all the mobs are i died over 10 times. The trash mobs are still so super mega op that the bosses are easier at least in comparison. Not even the chiss one was so bad for me when it first came out. It is an absolute slogfest of a grind due to all the op mobs. this place needs to be nerfed even more especially on storymode. I decided to try all three sentinel speccs, to see if that helped matters it did not.
Ok in 306 gear even when it first came out it never took me longer than an hour and I never died on neither of my characters. I'm afraid that might be user error. You need to take a look at your abilities and figure out why you're dying so much.

Jevnaker's Avatar


Jevnaker
05.03.2021 , 04:49 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
Secrets of the Enclave is also ridiculously easy. Maybe some middle ground would be nice.


Ok in 306 gear even when it first came out it never took me longer than an hour and I never died on neither of my characters. I'm afraid that might be user error. You need to take a look at your abilities and figure out why you're dying so much.
The secret of the enclave feels just right diffuculty and hp damage wise on the mobs and stuff.

Not much to look at when one attack from a trash mob takes me almost to half health. And i know my class and spec and have had no such extreme dying issues in anything before as i have said before but maybe elsewhere that not even when the chiss one was new was it this bad for me.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

ToraTear's Avatar


ToraTear
05.05.2021 , 03:10 PM | #37
I feel the mobs on the last boss could be nerfed some. Compared to the rest of the game this FP is OP'ed plain and simple.

Hadsil's Avatar


Hadsil
05.05.2021 , 08:39 PM | #38
I'm still unable to finish it because of the final boss, more accurately the second mob. I die before killing the second sniper if I'm lucky to get that far. If I go after the others first I die in 5 seconds. 272-278 gear, which is the gear the game gave me having played all previous content. I still have lots of play time left with other characters, but this is where the game ends for me. I don't give a damn how easy it is for other people with 306 gear. I don't have 306 gear. I shouldn't need 306 gear if the previous game content won't give it to me. It's not easy for me. I'm not playing the game wrong. I'm playing it the way I have been. I know about interrupts and buffs, and how to use them. They don't help here. I'm fine with strategy. Strategy doesn't work here.

It says Story Mode, but it's not "Story Mode". Getting to the end is its own problem. I can get there, but even the mooks take a long time to drop. Certain places you die if you draw too much aggro. That's part of strategy, to pace yourself attacking in the room. They can be defeated without all the aggro. If you do die those you already killed don't respawn. It is a hard flashpoint, but it cannot be finished with what the game gives me. I should be able to since that's how the game has always been played. I was able to finish the Voss Walker quest before they toned it down to the proper difficulty. I was able to defeat the infamous Sentinels of Iokath before I learned the key strategy to defeat them without dying. Vaylin in Mindscape can be defeated by moving out of the red area when she's floating. Get the final boss of Manaan in the fire circle. Learn the point of the blue and red globes when fighting Revan. All these hard bosses and flashpoints can be defeated using the gear the game gives you. Spirit of Vengeance should not be any different, but it is.

Dylinrae's Avatar


Dylinrae
05.06.2021 , 01:49 PM | #39
I resubbed a fews days ago to continue the story, and I'm shocked. I've been playing since 2012 - during "vanilla" the game was much harder - but I've never ever experienced something like this before. I'm not a bad player at all, but I can't defeat the last boss. The adds are destroying Ras so quickly no matter what tactics I try...As others pointed out, story mode should not be this difficult...
Is there any way to skip this FP? I guess not...but it's ridiculous that I can't continue the story because of this!
I've read that top gear + being a tank might not be an easy way either. And I'm DPS.
My life for the Empire! Quinnmancer

"I joined to serve the Empire and its people." - Imperial Agent

mike_carton's Avatar


mike_carton
05.07.2021 , 12:32 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Dylinrae View Post
I resubbed a fews days ago to continue the story, and I'm shocked. I've been playing since 2012 - during "vanilla" the game was much harder - but I've never ever experienced something like this before. I'm not a bad player at all, but I can't defeat the last boss. The adds are destroying Ras so quickly no matter what tactics I try...As others pointed out, story mode should not be this difficult...
Is there any way to skip this FP? I guess not...but it's ridiculous that I can't continue the story because of this!
I've read that top gear + being a tank might not be an easy way either. And I'm DPS.
It is quite easy now for all Disciplines and roles. What is your gear level (iRating), and what is your Discipline? What fight are you having a difficulty with?
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.