How to Get Cool Armor

Addictress

I read this article and I went to the Galactic Trade Kiosk on the fleet and at Dromund Kaas, but whenever I go to the Galactic Trade Kiosks, only 1-2 armor selections for Chest appear. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I completed 2 class stories so far and have two characters at level 50-55. On my first Imperial Agent character, I gave into my Completionist tendencies and got rather burned out on doing every sidequest. I felt much more involved in the story on my second character where I only stuck with the pink class quests on each planet. Anyways, I'm thinking maybe I should continue through Ilum and the "Knights of the Eternal" expansions - maybe those will help me get better armors as well, although I'm worried they won't be transferrable between characters as apparently not all of them are. I want to transfer my cool armors from my higher-level characters to my newer characters.

I finally, after 2 playthroughs, understand crew skills. But they seem to only have 1 armor set schematic. Still not sure how to get more schematics.:cool:

I did buy 1 armor set on the Cartel Market with actual IRL money (Thana Vesh set). But not everything is IRL money right?

Edited by Addictress

My guess for the GTN is that you may be using some of the selection features such as "usable by", etc. Don't.

Just open up the GTN, select armor, select sub-section 'chestpiece' (or whatever) and perhaps 'adaptive'. You should then find literally hundreds of items.

I read this article and I went to the Galactic Trade Kiosk on the fleet and at Dromund Kaas, but whenever I go to the Galactic Trade Kiosks, only 1-2 armor selections for Chest appear. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

"Cool" is a subjective judgment, so we can't really help you decide *what* is cool, but you need to decide that before going shopping.

I finally, after 2 playthroughs, understand crew skills. But they seem to only have 1 armor set schematic. Still not sure how to get more schematics.:cool:

In that case, you *don't* understand crew skills. To get more schematics, you have to level up the crew skill and (for crafting) go back to the crew skill trainer to learn more schematics. The second craftable armour set comes from the trainer *after* you reach crafting level 80+, third at 160+, fourth at 240+, then 300+, 350+, 400+, 500+, 550+, 600+.

I did buy 1 armor set on the Cartel Market with actual IRL money (Thana Vesh set). But not everything is IRL money right?

Indeed. This: https://i.imgur.com/9F3sxqz.jpg is the Hallowed Gothic set, bought from the Oricon <Reputation Vendor>, except the helmet, whose acquisition is described in this thread. This: https://i.imgur.com/uYyxU3m.jpg is the Charged Hypercloth Force Expert's set, crafted by Synthweaving for level 61+ Empire-side characters. (It looks different and ... supremely dorky on Republic-side characters.)

As has been mentioned, best when you go to the GTN to *NOT* be too specific on the search terms.

It can be weird.

So you want to check armor chest pieces? Just select armor, slot = chest (or legs, or whatever you are looking for, but I would say chest to start), and then an armor type. Go through whatever you can wear... You may be a heavy armor class, but you can slot light or medium armor in the outfitter slots and be just fine.

You can use the preview window to look at the possibilities as you go... Preview chest pieces until you find one that you like, then start previewing leg pieces, then feet and hand slots, etc, until you get what you want.

And there are, of course, different vendors as well. Legacy vendors on the capital worlds and several different vendors on the fleet, and don't forget the cartel bazaar, either. If you don't have the right currency for this or that gear, you'll at least know what events to look for in the future. There are a lot of people in the bazaar with a lot of different things to sell.