Spirit of Vengeance Story mode

lukeisjedi

Here are the changes that were supposed to be implemented for the Spirit of Vengeance FP on December 15th, including changes to Rass Ordo's Influence Level and Bask Sunn's damage that were in theory implemented a few days earlier.

In the meantime, here are the patch notes for Game Update 6.2a:

• The Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint
    • Canceling the cinematic at the following steps will no longer block players from progressing in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint:
      • After interacting with any of the three consoles in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint - Solo-Story Mode
      • “Reinforce Jekiah Ordo and Secure the bridge”
      • “Escape the Trap”

[*]Bask Sunn will no longer throw players into space in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.

[*]Bask Sunn’s Nimble Rush Ability will no longer be uninterruptible after the first encounter with the Restrained targets in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.

[*]Players can now share the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint - Story Mode with group members, as intended.

[*]Players will no longer be locked out of the Sharpshooter's corridor due to the door in the Seeker’s Vigil - Archives in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.

[*]Gorga Brak’s health will now be correctly scaled with the difficulty level in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.

[*]Fixed a cinematic in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint where a duplicate Barge appears.

[*]Players will now be correctly bolstered in the Spirit of Vengeance - Veteran Mode.

[*]The final boss “Heta Kol” will now correctly drop set bonuses and tacticals in the Spirit of Vengeance - Master Mode.

[*]The final boss “Heta Kol” will no longer return with full health in the second phase of combat in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint - Master Mode.

[*]Fixed a few typos in French and German for the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint Achievements and Codex.

[*]Rass Ordo's companion influence level has been increased from 1 to 25 in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.

[*]Adjusted the damage of Bask Sunn’s Uppercut Ability in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.

The final version of those patch notes will be posted tomorrow here: https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

The problem is -- the full list of changes actually implemented only applied to certain characters. I have run the FP post 12/15/20 both with the changes and without. The difference is night and day. You might want to consider holding off until a comprehensive patch is deployed. It is a doable w/o the changes, but at your gear rating and Rass Ordo at Influence Level 1, it will be much more of a slog.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Is it even possible to do it? I couldn't even get past the first boss. Do I need to level up the companion or what? Help please? My gear is only 269 but that should be fine for solo mode.

The FP has had issues from the start, see Dasty's post.

It's a hard FP, compared to other FP's, and yes gear does make a difference.

They are supposedly balancing it, hopefully soon. Try it again with better gear, hopefully you can complete it/

The FP has had issues from the start, see Dasty's post.

It's a hard FP, compared to other FP's, and yes gear does make a difference.

They are supposedly balancing it, hopefully soon. Try it again with better gear, hopefully you can complete it/

Ok. Whats the best way to get better gear? I mostly play solo so I don't have commendations or things like that to buy from vendors.

Ok. Whats the best way to get better gear? I mostly play solo so I don't have commendations or things like that to buy from vendors.

I mostly play solo too, do cq as often as you can, you'll build up tech frags on your 75's quite fast. Also, if anyone is putting together a quick GF OP, ie toborros court, or Queen sm (two fairly quick ops) join them if you can, most of the time, they are quick, and can net you lots of tech frags. when you have enough tech frags, upgrade your lowest piece of gear, and keep doing that till you reach 306 in everything. I usually do lots of heroics too, as they help greatly with CQ. Try and join a guild who do CQ, as you'll get more frags from that.

There are many god guides online, and here. If you search you should be able to find them.

The "commendations" you need are called "Tech Fragments", and you get them from:

* Deconstructing 270+ gear that you don't want.

* Earning a Renown crate (+100) ==> this happens every time your level 75 fills the "experience" bar.

* Earning (?opening?) a Weekly or Flashpoint or Operations or blah blah blah Equipment Crate(1)

* Those crates can also be earned by completing your weekly Conquest goal of 50K points.

* Killing Flashpoint bosses

* Killing Operations bosses

They are legacy-wide, and can be seen in the Currency Tab of your Inventory panel. On the Fleet, go to the Supplies section, and look in the second-to-last bay heading *clockwise*. The vendor in the rear-middle of the bay sells (for Tech Frags) random pieces that are guaranteed to be better than what you have, until you reach 306 where there is no "better than". Always replace the specific piece of gear that has the lowest rating. It's random what it is, except that it's always the right type and discipline. (If your Infiltration Shadow buys gear, you won't get tank stuff, for example. If you buy a Main Hand Weapon, you won't get wrist armour.)

(1) There are *many* sources of these crates, including some [WEEKLY] missions, KotFE/ET chapters on first play or replay, etc.

The FP has already been simplified. All you have to do is dodge the red circles in solo mode and do demage. If you have problems interrupt the boss.

Otherwise you can also take a look at the guide to the master mode. Can also help with solo mode.

https://vulkk.com/2020/12/10/swtor-spirit-of-vengeance-flashpoint-guide-by-endonae/

That is flat out misleading at best, false at worst information.

The full list of changes, notably Rass's influence level and boss changes, according to several accounts (including mine), only applied to characters who had already been in the Flashpoint pre-6.2a (Dec. 15th).

Bioware already acknowledged some of these points on the Bug Forum (though they are still trying to pinpoint some causes), including some of the cut-scene bugs that remain.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

That is flat out misleading at best, false at worst information.

The full list of changes, notably Rass's influence level and boss changes, according to several accounts (including mine), only applied to characters who had already been in the Flashpoint pre-6.2a (Dec. 15th).

Bioware already acknowledged some of these points on the Bug Forum (though they are still trying to pinpoint some causes), including some of the cut-scene bugs that remain.

Dasty

So if I up my gear and companion influence level will that help? Or should I wait for more balance patches?

The final boss on spirit of vengeance is pretty much bugged cause when you get to the second wave they wipe u out fast no matter who you temp to get first. Rass ordo has a habit of dropping dead first. Not only that I go to a kolto station and die right next to it. Seriously, solo story mode is suppose to be easy. Fix this issue. Pissed off u can't bring a group in this to advance the story.

The final boss on spirit of vengeance is pretty much bugged cause when you get to the second wave they wipe u out fast no matter who you temp to get first. Rass ordo has a habit of dropping dead first. Not only that I go to a kolto station and die right next to it. Seriously, solo story mode is suppose to be easy. Fix this issue. Pissed off u can't bring a group in this to advance the story.

i usually have no problem with final boss on the second wave. go back to the back monitors on the platform. kill the 2 snipers first as fast as possible. if you don't it is way harder. yes i still die sometimes but it's easier with the snipers taken out.

So if I up my gear and companion influence level will that help? Or should I wait for more balance patches?

Upping your gear will help and so will having Armor with the right set bonus and a tactical. If you don’t have those, I could see it being a bit of a slog. But with full 306 min maxed gear, I found it fairly easy on a Lightning Sorc because of all the AOE built into my build.

I know it’s story and you really shouldn’t need to go to such extremes. But gearing up is the best way to get through this until they possibly patch in a fix sometime this year.

A fast and easy way to grind gear and get tech frags solo is to run story mode Uprisings (some are easier than others) or heroics. When you get better gear you can start trying to solo entry lvl flash points.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem. No matter what I try the 2nd wave mobs kill Rass Ordo within seconds. And then I'm ****ed, even with gear level 280. I would simply ignore the FP if it wasn't mandatory for the story. I'm not a pro gamer and I'm not interested in grinding for ages to get a gear level that might help. I just want to enjoy the story. Make the story mode easy enough so that every noob can get through. Players who think that's to easy can play veteran or hard mode.

I have the same problem. No matter what I try the 2nd wave mobs kill Rass Ordo within seconds. And then I'm ****ed, even with gear level 280. I would simply ignore the FP if it wasn't mandatory for the story. I'm not a pro gamer and I'm not interested in grinding for ages to get a gear level that might help. I just want to enjoy the story. Make the story mode easy enough so that every noob can get through. Players who think that's to easy can play veteran or hard mode.

I’ve experienced this bug. When it happens, it keeps happening so you have to quit and try again later. He gets one shotted, then I get one shotted. Even if the health bar is full.

I’ve noticed this tends to happen when the enemies outside of the boss room keep resetting.

I experienced this bug as well and this is what I did.

1. Get a companion command stim. I have a biochem guy so was able to craft a kyrprax purple one for my main.. but get the best one you can. Even if it is the one from the vendor right outside the door.

2. Work on the boss and and then the first group until the boss comes back.

2. work on the boss again, and then when the second group comes out, cc one of the snipers in the back corner, and have your companion attack the other. Then you attack the other as well, and take both of the sniper guys out. You'll probably also need to use a health medpac and whatever self heals you have.

3. Then work on the group that came in the main door area. If you can cc one of those mobs, do so.

Edit: btw the guy I ran through this was only 279

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Edited by Tahana

• 1 month later...
Irrespective of one's gear, this is story mode. It is ludicrous that the boss and the golds are easy but the silver kill you quickly. It's also stupid that the companion just stands there like an idiot whether he's heals or dps. If this wasn't a requirement for the story, I'd just skip it but this really needs to be fixed. This has been buggy since it launched and for something that's a requirement, there is no excuse as to why they've not fixed it. Also, ignoring your paying customers is a really bad move.

Yes this FP is not very hard, if your struggling with it, get some better gear. 269 is just basic 75 level gear.

Thats a lie. This flash point is extremely difficult to impossible depending on class. its a flashpoint not an operation it should not require maximum armor. They made what is supposed to be a solo flashpoint behaive like its veteran level, Any way the problem isn't armor level its the companion is next to useless on the last fight. I just tried multiple times and its impossible on operative. Ordo will die fast if I try to take out the snipers because he just letts the others kill him. If I try to take out the others he cannot heal the snipers damage.

This flashpoint is simply unbalanced it not a solo mission. It needs to be fixed or removed from the main story line,. Not being able to complete it shouldn't be baring story progrosss. Flash points should not be story missions they should be enitrlely optional,

Edited by RameiArashi

Thats a lie. This flash point is extremely difficult to impossible depending on class.

It's not a lie; you just can't handle hearing the truth. Part of that truth is that most of the players have completed with little or no difficulty.

Gear up and use some tactics, and you'll be just fine. If you're still failing after that...then, spoiler alert: The problem isn't the flashpoint.

Seriously, I haven't played in months, just resubbed, was rusty, and it was still not difficult at 290 with a Sith Warrior.

Yes, you have to think about target priority in this one and not just YOLO the boss. Kind of refreshing for Story Mode, actually.