Galactic Seasons - Credit Catch Up

DavidStaats

Just me or is this system overly complicated?

If there is a feature like this in the game - it should should be easily explainable in game or have a reference point to read up on it IN GAME.

If a new player asked me about all this I'd end up referring them to the forums or a player like Swtorista, Vulkk or Xam Xam.

Could we not just have a simple catch up where if you joined and everyone else was at level 99 say, that it would be a standard x amount of credits for each level you need to catch up and then the player can easily decide if its something they want to do?

I have never bought forward with cartel coins because I don't know whether to unlock 10 levels ahead is just the single amount or a cumulative coin cost for each level up to and including the level I want to get to.

SWTOR has real knack for making things complicated.

Edited by hillerbees

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..not working...

Tried unlock but it asked me to buy Cartel Coins....

No comments on this from the Devs either. You'd think this would be high on the list of issues since they promoted the launch of credit purchase. Unless it's working today. Anyone tried? I'm not able to log in until later.

EDIT: Just logged in on SS. It's working today!

Edited by Sarova

Hi all,

Thank you for the reports regarding the Catch-Up system not launching on the date and time we had stated on Tuesday.

We investigated this and found a one-day discrepancy in our debugging tools and schedule, resulting in the previous date and time we provided to be exactly 1 day behind the actual schedule for Catch-Up.

We are addressing the discrepancy in our debugging tool and adding additional layers of checks to prevent this from occurring in the future.

When we planned Catch-Up, we did so with the intention of providing a large buffer between when the Catch-Up system reached its Max Catch-Up Level (currently at Reward Level 95 as stated on Tuesday), and when the Season would end. Catch-Up will still reach the Max Catch-Up Level with ample time before the end of the Season, providing all players time to utilize Catch-Up to continue their Seasons progression.

My initial post will be updated to reflect this info.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Edited by JackieKo

No comments on this from the Devs either. You'd think this would be high on the list of issues since they promoted the launch of credit purchase. Unless it's working today. Anyone tried? I'm not able to log in until later.

EDIT: Just logged in on SS. It's working today!

Really? I logged on ( The 29th ) and still no credit unlock....

I'll try again now....

Oh..nope..still the Cartel coins...

Edited by Rammboo

Really? I logged on ( The 29th ) and still no credit unlock....

I'll try again now....

Oh..nope..still the Cartel coins...

The first day you’ll only be able to buy out level 1 with credits. On day 2 you’ll be able to buy out level 1 or level 2 or both. And so on till day 95 when you’ll be able to buy any combination of days between 1 and 95. It stops there; levels 96 and above cannot be purchased with credits.

This also means that you can be “ahead” of the slowly opening time window and never see the credit purchase option on a legacy. As of now you’ll see credit purchase option on a legacy where you don’t have any GS levels at all.

Edited by mike_carton

I think it depends on what day you started day 1. If you are in a different time zone or didn’t start till a few days or a week later, it’s not registering yet.

I’m not sure if that’s a design fault, bug or what. But it makes no sense if it’s a catch up mechanic unless Bioware’s intention is to make it so people have to spend a lot of credits near the end to catch up in one big block or to encourage people to still use CCs first.

A BioWare yellow clarification post might help here. But it’s total silence again and it’s the weekend now, so even if they post one, it won’t be for 3-4 days. In the mean time, players will just consider it “another bug” and be put off even more by the game’s development.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The first day you’ll only be able to buy out level 1 with credits. On day 2 you’ll be able to buy out level 1 or level 2 or both. And so on till day 95 when you’ll be able to buy any combination of days between 1 and 95. It stops there; levels 96 and above cannot be purchased with credits.

This also means that you can be “ahead” of the slowly opening time window and never see the credit purchase option on a legacy. As of now you’ll see credit purchase option on a legacy where you don’t have any GS levels at all.

I tried to test on my other legacy on Satele Shan server (which I’ve not logged in on in months) and it’s not giving me the credits option either. It’s only showing the Cartel Coins option even if I Click to look there is no credits option.

I’m in APAC, so my days are ahead in date, but time zones mean I was probably logged off when GS started day 1 on Star Forge (not sure if that should make a difference). For some reason I’m still not getting the credits option on Satele Shan server (I didn’t expect to get it on Star Forge because I’m ahead of days there).

Sure would like Bioware to confirm if this is a bug or what?

Right..so if I'm on 20 or so, I'll have to wait weeks until I can use credits to unlock GS levels?

Pfffft.

It is a catch-up mechanism for missed, past levels up to 95 whereas the CC route is a buy-up mechanism for all levels. If you're level 20, you'd get a credit catch-up option if you stopped doing GS for at least 21 days from the beginning of the availability of the credit catch-up mechanism.

It is a catch-up mechanism for missed, past levels up to 95 whereas the CC route is a buy-up mechanism for all levels. If you're level 20, you'd get a credit catch-up option if you stopped doing GS for at least 21 days from the beginning of the availability of the credit catch-up mechanism.

So I need to not do GS for three weeks to benefit from the credit unlock?

The other choice is spending real cash or doing content I hate?

Let's not and say I did.

GS can jog on.

Thanks for info, now I know not to waste my time.

Edited by Rammboo

So I need to not do GS for three weeks to benefit from the credit unlock?

The other choice is spending real cash or doing content I hate?

Let's not and say I did.

GS can jog on.

Thanks for info, now I know not to waste my time.

When you see the costs of the credit catch up system, I wouldn't really call it 'benefiting from' at such a low level. Personally I wouldn't want to have to use it until the much higher levels so as to avoid the literal billions of credits it can cost. You can simply continue doing what you want (ignoring objectives you don't like) and eventually if you fall behind the catch up system you'll be able to start spending credits if needed to, you know, catch up. Any progress you make via objectives will save you a crap tonne of credits in the long run.

Edited by khamseen_air

When you see the costs of the credit catch up system, I wouldn't really call it 'benefiting from' at such a low level. Personally I wouldn't want to have to use it until the much higher levels so as to avoid the literal billions of credits it can cost. You can simply continue doing what you want (ignoring objectives you don't like) and eventually if you fall behind the catch up system you'll be able to start spending credits if needed to, you know, catch up. Any progress you make via objectives will save you a crap tonne of credits in the long run.

6+ billion credits if you don’t do any activities is pretty high. Even though I can make a billion every two weeks at the moment, I’m certainly not going to be wasting it on something I can do and it not cost anything.

I get where you are coming from.

The trouble is nearly all of the objectives I get are game types I don't play.

(Or want to...)

The billions of credits is an issue too as I don't have them.

Guess I'll just have to ignore GS and carry on with the stuff I like.

Oh well, never mind.

I tried it at least.

Edited by Rammboo

I get where you are coming from.

The trouble is nearly all of the objectives I get are game types I don't play.

(Or want to...)

The billions of credits is an issue too as I don't have them.

Guess I'll just have to ignore GS and carry on with the stuff I like.

Oh well, never mind.

I tried it at least.

Trust me, I sympathise with you on the objectives. I can't stand PvP or Starfighter and when the season stuff started I was doing them because I wanted the points but have now decided that it was only serving to hinder my enjoyment of the game so I'm no longer doing those objectives when I get them. It does suck as my progress has slowed a lot, but at the same time it beats doing stuff I don't enjoy. I'm just hoping that by doing the objectives I enjoy I can make enough progress to not have to pay large sums to complete the season near the end.

Edited by khamseen_air

Trust me, I sympathise with you on the objectives. I can't stand PvP or Starfighter and when the season stuff started I was doing them because I wanted the points but have now decided that it was only serving to hinder my enjoyment of the game so I'm no longer doing those objectives when I get them. It does suck as my progress has slowed a lot, but at the same time it beats doing stuff I don't enjoy. I'm just hoping that by doing the objectives I enjoy I can make enough progress to not have to pay large sums to complete the season near the end.

I actually got 3 points today doing stuff I like.

Unlocked another level by accident.

I agree with you, maybe I'll do enough to get close...Probably not but I'll just play the stuff I like...

In the end it's all just virtual stuff that isn't real.

Hi all!

As an example, here is the cost associated with the first 10 Credit Catch-Up unlocks. Note that this cost is not strictly the first 10 Reward Levels; rather it is the cost for unlocking any 10 Reward Levels through Catch-Up, regardless of which Reward Levels those are.

Catch-Up #1 = 175,000

Catch-Up #2 = 494,974

Catch-Up #3 = 909,326

Catch-Up #4 = 1,400,000

Catch-Up #5 = 1,956,559

Catch-Up #6 = 2,571,964

Catch-Up #7 = 3,241,045

Catch-Up #8 = 3,959,798

Catch-Up #9 = 4,725,000

Catch-Up #10 = 5,533,986

... so, I have a few levels unlocked for credit catch up some servers... #1 = 175K, but #2 = like $669K - did something change or??

I know it says example, but it also says "here IS the cost of the first 10 levels..." - so??

:confused:

Cheers,

J

... so, I have a few levels unlocked for credit catch up some servers... #1 = 175K, but #2 = like $669K - did something change or??

I know it says example, but it also says "here IS the cost of the first 10 levels..." - so??

:confused:

Cheers,

J

If you try to unlock multiple levels at once, it adds the costs together. 669974 = 175000 + 494974 (the costs of the first two credit unlocks). As another example, on one of the servers I play on (less frequently than my main server) I have 7 levels I can use the credit catchup on. It would cost me 10,748,868 credits to do so, which is the cost of the first 7 credit catchups combined. This also applies to the CC cost as well (so it would have been 200 for the unlock that was 669k, I'd imagine).

Ok, so a credit sink...no thanks...

supposed to be, but it won't, as the people they are targeting will never have to catch up. Now if you could skip with credits instead off cc's, then that would definitely encourage people to open up the legacy banks ;) But they won't do that, as they want people either using up their stored cc's, or buying more.

supposed to be, but it won't, as the people they are targeting will never have to catch up. Now if you could skip with credits instead off cc's, then that would definitely encourage people to open up the legacy banks ;) But they won't do that, as they want people either using up their stored cc's, or buying more.

Towards the end of seasons there will be a lot more people using credit catch up, when there isn't much time left.

Towards the end of seasons there will be a lot more people using credit catch up, when there isn't much time left.

Some people might, depending on when they started playing, or if they kept getting bad rerolls, and refused to do what popped. But I'd be surprised if it's more than a handful. As was already pointed out, the amount of points you get is way over what you need, so if you did miss, or not do certain parts, and as long as you are a regular player, you shouldn't have to catch up. Not to mention, the catch up costs a way too high, I can't see people really forking out for it.

Some people might, depending on when they started playing, or if they kept getting bad rerolls, and refused to do what popped. But I'd be surprised if it's more than a handful. As was already pointed out, the amount of points you get is way over what you need, so if you did miss, or not do certain parts, and as long as you are a regular player, you shouldn't have to catch up. Not to mention, the catch up costs a way too high, I can't see people really forking out for it.

You need to be super rich to even consider doing it. I stared playing on DM to get more CCs from GS and I’m really really poor over there as I’ve not even got my legacy to 5 or have a guild or got any alts through story. There is absolutely no way I can use credit catch up on DM as I’ve no credits to even do one lvl yet, lol. Which is a real eye opener coming from SF and 11 Billion credits.

Anyone know how much it costs in CC to do a server transfer from SF to DM?

Edited by TrixxieTriss