Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

AshaSanlo
06.29.2021 , 06:31 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by OriusPrime View Post
Disagreed. That's all.

Wait, guess I'll add a little more.

I guess I can "kinda" see why people would find it dull. Diplomacy, politics, gathering allies, etc, etc. It's more like Star Trek than Star Wars, so why is it in this game, right? Well, I liked it, the whole sacrificing your strength to save the Jedi masters and essentially becoming a martyr. It's a pretty inspiring role to roleplay with, and even the post-chapter 1 plotlines are pretty endearing too, with you gathering allies through your inspirational skills alone. It shows that the Consular/Barsen'thor's strength lies with her wisdom, not her raw power like JK/SW. Whereas the Inquisitor uses that intelligence to manipulate, the Consular uses it to empower others.

...unless you're playing a jaded DS Consular like me who killed every master because of "the big picture." The way I see it, the Consular storyline could go two ways: a martyr or a ruthless politician who gets the job done regardless of the cost (also see Supreme Chancellor Leontyne Saresh). I kinda like that you get to choose such options as it allows for roleplaying opportunities. Right now, I'm at Corellia Chapter 3 and my Consular's still DS, but thanks to the influence of some of her more LS companions like Iresso and Nadia, she's becoming softer and nicer and tries to live up to her title of Barsen'thor and a diplomat. It's a nice character arc to roleplay out.

Overall, I enjoy that you get a storyline that's more than just about being a ****** warrior kicking the bad guys' butt. The Consular storyline is a unique one that's about diplomacy, and I'm eternally grateful for that. If anything, a LS Consular would downright fit in as Alliance Commander due to her diplomatic skills.
I couldn't have said this better.

AshaSanlo
06.29.2021 , 06:38 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Hrafnhildur View Post
Hi.
So, in your opinion, this companion deserves to be forever gone or killed just because he is a bit of a jerk sometimes? Kalyio is a jerk too, betraying and selling her friend Anspi to the bounty hunters, yet Kalyio was returned and even had her own chapter, in which she wants to kill innocent Zakuulan civilians.
Vette- Vette does not care about anyone and anything, just her personal profit, if you save her instead of Torian she says nothing about being sorry someone else died at the hands of the Empress.
So you see, there are other jerks too, yet none of them is ever criticized, only poor Zenith gets all the hatred.
Even though my consular considered Zenith a jerk and strongly disagreed with some of his decisions, I don't think she'd ever want to get rid of him. He's her jerk. He gave her a perspective on things that she really wasn't capable of taking for herself (she was super LS let's all get along). I think she valued his opposition. He also has that overprotective big brother vibe. As for Kaliyo, my agent adored her (as a friend). They had fun together, and my agent, being an agent of the Empire, fully expected most people tp betray her anyway, so the fact that Kaliyo wasn't that trustworthy never bothered her. My agent started out DS and became LS because of Vector's influence. I'm still working through the warrior, I have a male and female warrior I'm playing. The male feels protective of Vette and the female finds her amusing. I think I went on a tangent, but it was a fun one, so I'm not sorry.

Shayddow
07.02.2021 , 10:10 PM | #43
I found that to save my sanity, I made both dark side and light side consulars. That way I experienced both sides of the equation.
Shekkel,75 Nimrossa, 75 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 75 Barzella, 75 | Begeran
Adonnah, 75 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 75 Svgon, 75 and too many others to list here