So.... Flashpoints?

So is the only way to enjoy flashpoints to play them with people you know? Every time I queue for a flashpoint an activity finder the randoms just run around the aggro zones and you don't get any time to enjoy the work put into the game lol, also passing up all that xp and loot.

Sorry just getting back into the game after many many years and have found this to be fracking frustrating haha, last time I tried team wiped because they even messed up their "aggro" dodging, sigh.

So is the only way to enjoy flashpoints to play them with people you know? Every time I queue for a flashpoint an activity finder the randoms just run around the aggro zones and you don't get any time to enjoy the work put into the game lol, also passing up all that xp and loot.

That depends a bit upon what it takes to make you 'enjoy' the flashpoint.

But, if you want to kill everything and do all bonuses, yes, you'll have to do them with friends or solo.

Basically, the XP and 'loot' from killing trash mobs, and even most bonus bosses, is not worth the time and effort, so most people skip them; especially after doing the FP for the umpteenth time. 🙂

Thanks, I'll have to get on with making friends! Hahaha, how do I do them solo? Is it then similar difficulty to doing a Heroic by yourself with companion?

Some have what's called "Story Mode", which are *meant* to be done with you and a companion, and in most of them, there's a "Combat Support Droid", sometimes called the "God Bot" or "Jesus Droid", that will help you.

The modes are:

* Story Mode for playing by yourself (er, with your companion and the God Bot). In the flashpoints set *before* Knights of the Fallen Empire, if you have an open story mission to run that Flashpoint (as during the Prelude to Revan story), it will advance the story. This is not true for the flashpoints set *after* the beginning of KotFE.

* Veteran Mode is a group mode, but can in some cases be soloed. There's no God Bot, naturally. Veteran Mode does not use or require the "trinity" of two guitars, bass and drums ... er ... two DPS, Heal and Tank, so groups can be almost anything. The boss fights provide "Kolto Stations", click-to-activate healing dispensers.

* Master Mode is a harder group mode, formerly called "Hard Mode". It *does* require the trinity, and does not have Kolto Stations.

For the newest flashpoints, the ones set *after* KotFE, there is a fourth mode:

* Solo-Story mode is for advancing the story of these Flashpoints. It does not have a God Bot, but does have Kolto Stations.

Trivia: When Solo-Story mode was first introduced, it was called just "Solo", which led to some confusion and ... adverse comment, let's say, since "Solo" was for advancing the story, and "Story" was for playing solo.