Regarding server queues

StephenReid

This situation has me wondering if the two extra days early access was supposed to be some kind of sweetener in light of them already knowing the problems they were going to have with server ques.

If this was the case Bioware it was a poor and underhanded attempt of compensating players and certainly doesn't stack up with the hours players are losing in ques, and then not being able to play for long due to other commitments.

We would have prefered honesty and the immediate option of a free transfer if we were experiencing long que times.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware you ABSOLUTELY need to bring solid servers for the launch, most of us won't play this game even if we like it if we have to wait hours before loggin in.

Do it FAST!!!, you could ruin your great game at LAUNCH!!!!!

The most disappointing thing is a false waiting time.

Being a programmer myself, the reason I think the times are so off compared to the real time is because they are probably taking into account an average time between each player logging off and then just multiplying that number by the amount of players in the queue to achieve a probable result.

The problem with this approach is that so many people are just trying to stay logged into the game all day / night long in order to not lose their place in the queue that the actual queue time becomes much longer, the irony is that if people that were trying to idle and stay logged in while not actually playing logged off there would be a far shorter queue :\

It's still far from a good situation but I thought I'd shed some light on how they're probably handling the estimated queue times, it isn't to be purposefully deceptive as that gains them nothing at the end of the day when people are quoting 4-5 hour queues on the forums anyway.

Dear BioWare, as a customer I find it my obligation to offer you some feedback about that mine game called "Server Queue".

1. It's not very entertaining. Seriously. All I can do is watch the bar in the hopes of it dropping value. Need more options because it doesn't feel epic!!!
  2. I get no kind of rewards for it. If I'm to spend so much time in it, I'd expect some reward. "Space Combat" does it so why not "Server Queue"?
  3. Cannot it be made optional? "Space Combat" is, this is not. I'd rather player other parts of he game if you ask me.

That's all. :)

Great game once you ignore "Server Queue". :D

Fix the waiting queue in the Freedon Nadd server.. it's terrible..

I don't know how you will do it, but you must, it's your job. Close the server for non-guilded member.. or whatever.. split the server..

It's unacceptable.

Worst Server Ever.. I pray for the launch.. :mad:

6 hour queues on Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Ohh, and expect to sit in 12 hours of queue in total, as the game tends to get stuck on loading screens, and puts your right back into the queue. Utterly fail.

Tomb of Freedon Nadd is no longer a Player versus Player server, its a Player versus Queue server. Really needs to be handled.

One question I have.

Why the official waiting times are false?. The reality shows us the real waiting time is more than 2 times the official one.

These aren't "official waiting times", these are estimates. Understand that there can NEVER be an 'official waiting time'. Why? Because people cheat the system constantly. Because Bioware/EA has no clue when someone's going to log off. How can they possibly provide an 'official waiting time' when they have no clue how long players will actually play (or cheat the system)?

Waiting an hour to enter a server is not reasonable, in my consumer experience and opinion. I appreciate the enormity of the demand to play, and the desire to maintain a stable environment. Honestly, this is the single most stable launch experience I've had in an MMO. I believe you can do better and adjust your projections to bring more servers online to alleviate the concerns of the players. Thank you for a great game. Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry but I dont see how people did not see this coming or didnt expect it?

I made my char at Bloodworthy on the 13th when the server was only 'light'. Now I can't play it because after I get home from work the que is just too long for me to be able to play more then 1h. So ... I could either make a char somewhere else ( Which would suck since I have my guild mates on that server and I am really fond of my lvl 20+ char ) but it would allow me to actually play or just suck up and be in que.

I chose to suck up and be in que and I am quite certain eventually the que issue be resolved.

So yet again what did you expect? It's a seriously popular game that hasnt even been released. You've invested 5 days tops into your characters. Reroll or ride the storm out.

And for crying out dont blame bioware especially about not listening to their playerbase, they are opening new servers constantly and posting information here on forums. If you want to blame anyone blame the idiots who logs on for the first time and picks a full server, rides the que out and makes a new char on that server. ( That is the same idiot who the next day after 2h of sleep cant log immediatly back in because of the long que, come on the forums and whines about the que and trashes the developers.)

They can make the game for us but they cant play it for us. The player base are causing the ques and noone else.

Being a programmer myself, the reason I think the times are so off compared to the real time is because they are probably taking into account an average time between each player logging off and then just multiplying that number by the amount of players in the queue to achieve a probable result.

Mate, I'm agreed.

But it doen't changing anything.

Generally BW alghorytms isn't our business.

They can't allow me to play. Moreover, they can't say me exactly when I could login.

Looks very unprofessional.

This is Early Access

It's a bonus we are even able to Que!

They're just using this time as a sweetener to all the people who have waited such a long time. In addition, it will help them work out what type of server cap they need for the future!

The game hasn't really started yet. I'll hold off on moaning until the 20th when my purchase become active - that's when im a consumer.

However, im wodering if they have taken any access on the Full Servers?

Have they stopped people from staying logged in game? Staying in the Character Screen? I assume for the really heavy servers they have deigned to stop people making new characters? For someone who hasn't played yet, it's probably nothing OTT to just que for a few hours to pre-make their character pre-launch?

That'd be a start. Still. It's going to be interesting on the 20th. Im assuming there are no Que's.

It;s difficult though. Even though i have not spent a huge amount of time in the game, on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, i don't want to start again on another server. It means the time i have spent is "dead". In addition, there are people playing on that server i have gamed with for years.

I just hope they sort it out ASAP!

Let's face it. It could be far worse

I find it sad that a company like Bioware has made ​​the mistake of not anticipate the collapse of its servers by the massive influx of people in them and that will result in half on some servers expect more than two hours. It seems to me that not a good idea before launching a game, which has had several weekends with stress testing the servers, that people come to this angry and hopeless. It is my intention to turn over the minds but just say that other MMOs have fallen by much less before you start. The stone is in your court gentlemen of Bioware, how to solve this crisis will depend on the future of their game and the credibility of your company. Nothing but a greeting.

Great game, I had a lot of fun playing it. That was until I had to wait 5 hours to play what I had paid for.

Bioware, you're a big and respectable company. Would it really hurt that much to create more servers and allow free transfer to them? Why should I pay for your game just to watch a queue bar for the entire day. That just hurts your image and makes you loose customers

I don't often write on the forums for any of the games i play but just on the off chance anyone from Bioware actually read this, i'd like to point out that thanks to the second 3hour+ queue i've faced today i have had the opportunity to read most of this thread from cover to cover.

Needless to say my story of queues is no different to thousands of others. Don't they realise that as a business out to make money, giving us 3 hours+ free time to whine and ***** about their nice shiny new game (that hasn't even hit the shelves yet) is no way to encourage more ppl to buy it.

Whatever your "Master plan" is, please don't treat your customers like idiots. Get off your backsides, at least give the impression you are getting this situation under control. Start reducing the queue size / increase population / more servers etc and more important than ever keep us informed. Someone take control of this dire situation, announce a solid plan and be prepared to be held accountable by your customers if (or when) you screw it up!

I personally hope you don't screw it up as i genuinely think the game (when i've been able to play) is great, which is why i've been prepared to queue but as soon as it starts costing me subs i, like many others, will be re-evaluating our options. As it is currently noone will want to pay for a service they cannot access.

/rant over

Off to go find something to do for the remainder of my wait.