Maintenance: October 22nd, 2019

EricMusco

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point exactly. I'm not annoyed about waiting another hour, I'm annoyed that they are literally never on time with updates

Have you ever installed a server-side expansion for a game? There are so many dependencies that only one hour more is little.

My point exactly. I'm not annoyed about waiting another hour, I'm annoyed that they are literally never on time with updates

I think that if they gave themselves 24 hours to do an update, they would still need more time. People who wait until the last minute to do something usually find a way to need more time, and there just aren't that many people better at waiting untill the last minute than the people who run this game.

Even the notice stating that they needed another hour wasn't published until the time they allotted themselves had already expired.

Edited by Exly

Have you ever installed a server-side expansion for a game? There are so many dependencies that only one hour more is little.

Did I say I had? Did I say it was easy? Doesn't matter if it was half an hour extra, thats not the issue, the issue is the fact they are never on point with their downtime schedule in these situations. NEVER. How have they not improved their estimation by now?

Did I say I had? Did I say it was easy? Doesn't matter if it was half an hour extra, thats not the issue, the issue is the fact they are never on point with their downtime schedule in these situations. NEVER. How have they not improved their estimation by now?

This is just nonsense, they are up early after maintenance way more often than they are late. I'll usually be waiting for servers to come back up, and every time that they're late people start moaning how it's always like that, except most of the time it's really not, and those times are quickly forgotten.

This is just nonsense, they are up early after maintenance way more often than they are late. I'll usually be waiting for servers to come back up, and every time that they're late people start moaning how it's always like that, except most of the time it's really not, and those times are quickly forgotten.

Sigh you are of course correct, unfortunately you are also expecting a rational position to be taken. This is your error, you are after all dealing with humans.

Edited by PenfoldCross
clean and provide quote

Or just hire people smart enough to get it right first time.

All The Best

Eh. Launch days in MMOs are always aberrations. Anyone who regularly plays MMOs knows this. Things virtually never go as planned. It happens to Blizzard, it happens to Square Enix, it happens to Bioware. Even "major patch" days are prone to problems. Always expect the worst on launches or major patch days.

Personally, I'm prepared to not be able to play at all today. On a related note, this is why I never take time off for the launch of any online game, MMO or not. Disappointing to be sure, but I'm not going to blow a gasket over it. They have a lot of time before the weekend to get things going. Sooner than later the outrage and forum complaints will die off and it will be business as usual.

Sigh you are of course correct, unfortunately you are also expecting a rational position to be taken. This is your error, you are after all dealing with humans.

Eh, I believe in and will defend the right to complain about things. If someone is frustrated with the delay, they should be able to say so, whether or not delay can be reasonably expected, but stating blatant falsehoods as matters of fact is another matter entirely, as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't mean every maintenance. As I said in an earlier post I meant any time anything major is being released. And that much is true at least 90% of the time.

I work in a customer facing environment, where I experience similar on a daily basis. I have had a formal complaint filed against me for calling a customer "Sir". Two days after being grilled for calling a regular "mate", a customer who I must note to this day calls me "mate". So yes I have a jaundiced view on my fellow man. Oh there was that time I was screamed at for dropping a tail lift, on a delivery wagon. I had cordoned of the drop area, we heard a scream as the tail lift dropped. Found an 68 year old man crawling under the lift to get to the ATM! HIs reasoning, it was to much to be expected to walk around the wagon!

Are you sure about that? Sometimes they act like a bunch of Rodians and Ug-nots.

Hey everyone,

Patch notes will be available on Monday, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

-eric

There have been visual updates to the icons for vendors, mailboxes, storage, taxis, crew skill trainers, missions, and quick travel terminals.

As requested by 10 million of us who experienced the downside of these on the PTS, have you given us the ability to TURN THEM OFF?

We are live!!! Thanks everyone :).

-eric

Seems like there are still quests that award Masterwork and Monumental Crystals. The vendor on Ossus will also still trade in (now non-existent) Unassembled Components for more Masterwork crystals. The Ossus gear vendors will also still trade in gear for Crystals.