Guild master inactive

DrKrwemill

Hello

Our Impside guild is lacking the Guild master... we were waiting a month for it to pass to another officer BUT... :rolleyes:

We forgot the GM had alts who were the officers too. So the GM rank passed to the alt of our former GM. So the question please: Do we have to wait as many months as many he had alts in the guild? xD

That would be very unfortunate.

Regards

Thelsi

It is the character that is considered inactive, rather than the account, so while that does mean that it is possible for leadership to pass to one of the GM's alts once all of the GM's characters are inactive none of them will be eligible to receive leadership. A character goes inactive after 28-days. You can check when the character was last played on the guild roster. Normally the last column will be Member Note, but you can change that to show when the character was last played by clicking the downward pointing triangle in the column header and choosing Last Played. Then sort by legacy and look for the GM's legacy. Once all of the GM's characters are inactive, have not been played for 28-days, then they will no longer be eligible to be passed the leadership.

Leadership passes randomly, top down by guild rank. That means that leadership will pass randomly to an active character in the rank directly below the GM. If no one is eligible then the system will go to the next rank, and the rank after, etc. I made a post recently that explains the process, linked here.

Short answer, check the last played for your absent GM's characters. Once they're all inactive you won't have to worry about the GM's alt getting leadership.

Edited by ceryxp

I didn't even know the GM would auto transfer... whats the time frame?

i think about a month or something, if ur worried about losing GM while taking a break just kick everyone else from the guild apart from your own alts and you will be fine

I didn't even know the GM would auto transfer... whats the time frame?

28-days. If the guild leader doesn't log in at least every 28-days they will be marked inactive and on the 28th day leadership will be pass to a random, eligible (meaning not inactive) character of the next highest rank in the guild. Be aware that it has to be the actual character that is the guild leader to log in. If you're playing on an alt the character that is the GM can still become inactive and lose leadership.

There are other jolly complications, such as:

* If there are no active subscribed characters, the game selects an active non-sub character and the guild becomes a free-to-play guild.

* If there aren't any active non-sub characters either, the guild becomes inactive, and the name will be unlocked and available for other guilds (it isn't *lost* unless another guild takes it). It's not clear whether that's immediate or after some period.

i think about a month or something, if ur worried about losing GM while taking a break just kick everyone else from the guild apart from your own alts and you will be fine

Or they can do like I am . I am not playing right now because of the female animation bug and until that is fixed, I refuse to play but will log on for the guild since the leadership is between me and my boyfriend and right now he can't play due to work.

Or they can do like I am . I am not playing right now because of the female animation bug and until that is fixed, I refuse to play but will log on for the guild since the leadership is between me and my boyfriend and right now he can't play due to work.

if its only you two in the guild why does it matter if neither of u are online for a few months? gm will go to whoever logs in first

if its only you two in the guild why does it matter if neither of u are online for a few months? gm will go to whoever logs in first

Because at some point, most likely either as soon as all the member characters are inactive *or* 28 days after that, the guild gets marked as "inactive" and its name is unlocked for other guilds to use. If, for whatever reason, no other guild tries to use it (creation or renaming), and a member character logs in, the name is kept and relocked, but there's no way you should rely on that happening.

(Yes, it's known behaviour, and occasionally people come on here and comment on it happening to the guild their characters are in, with varying levels of furiosity.)

Because at some point, most likely either as soon as all the member characters are inactive *or* 28 days after that, the guild gets marked as "inactive" and its name is unlocked for other guilds to use. If, for whatever reason, no other guild tries to use it (creation or renaming), and a member character logs in, the name is kept and relocked, but there's no way you should rely on that happening.

(Yes, it's known behaviour, and occasionally people come on here and comment on it happening to the guild their characters are in, with varying levels of furiosity.)

This. We have others in the guild that haven't played awhile and while it may be a small guild we do have a very good guild bank.

• 1 year later...
If i go inactive as GM and only have only MY alts in the guild...what happens to the guild? Does it get removed? Or?

Read the posts above. All the information you need is in them.

Summary:

* When the current GL character is marked inactive (28 days after its last login), the GL position will transfer to another that's marked active.

* That repeats until no member character is marked active.

* At that point the *guild* becomes inactive. (All members are inactive == guild is inactive)

* The guild continues to exist, nothing is lost, except:

* Exception to "nothing is lost": either immediately that the guild becomes inactive, or 28 days later (nobody knows), the name is unlocked.

* If a guild's name is *locked* (the normal condition for active guilds), no other guild on that server can use it.

* If a guild's name is "unlocked" (once the guild is inactive), another guild could, by coincidence or malice, take the name, and if the inactive guild is later re-awakened by a member character logging in, the player of that character will be GL and will be forced to rename the guild.

* If a guild's name is *unlocked* and no other guild takes it, when someone re-awakens the guild, the original name is restored and re-locked.

* Exception to "nothing is lost": if at some point during the deterioration of the guild, there is a moment where all the subscribed characters are inactive, and a free-to-play or preferred character logs in, the guild becomes a free-to-play guild, and all rank information is deleted, replaced by the default set of five ranks(1), and all non-GL members are demoted to the lowest rank.

(1) I'm not sure of the names, but they are, in effect, approximately "Leader", "Officer", "High-rank Member", "Low-rank Member", "Newbie".