Please let me opt out of 4v4

rmcsonics

1. that's not true at all at 75, and was never true even when lowbies were more balanced

2. and this is really important, I didn't say two people on my team. there are 8 players required to pop the queue. dig?

edit: it's exceedingly easy to carry in arenas as opposed to 8v8.

So than why don't you sign up for ranked? Arenas only, 24/7. What's the problem?

You can goof around in unranked without pissing off your team. Also, the pops are considerably faster.

You can goof around in both, it's just a game after all. It just shows that you have no respect for your team mates. Do you think peeps sign up for unranked to lose or to watch you goofing around?

So than why don't you sign up for ranked? Arenas only, 24/7. What's the problem?

I'm trying really hard not to insult you, because that question belies an incredible amount of ignorance and insult. but I'll play nice and just explain some things to you...

rated pvp, whether it's solos or group, is largely composed of quality players who know their classes and the abilities/rotations of every other class, and they know all the nooks and crannies of the maps to prevent stealthers/maras from hiding and healing, etc.

one good dps can carry or compensate for a bot (bad player) in a solo rated match, and he can sometimes cover for two mediocre players.

but you see, rated competition is (generally) much higher than reg arenas and lowbie arenas.

in a reg arena, the stratification in player skill is much higher. the likelihood of bad and mediocre players being on both teams is well over 5x more likely than solo rated. therefore, it's entirely more likely that one good player can carry more than one bot on his team.

it's even easier to carry in lowbie pvp. as a player in his 70s (as many toons are b/c entire stables were sitting at 70 when players left the game in 5.x), he not only has the massive advantage of access to more utilities than sub 50s players, but he has valuable set bonus gear from Ossus (often fully optimized with bis mods and augs). I'm an average player, slightly above average at best, and I regularly carry short-handed arenas in lowbie, and can easily overcome multiple bots on my team because the player skill and charcter level abilities are drastically different in lowbies.

none of that qualifies me to run around in rated or makes me a god in PvP. the simple fact of the matter is that there are a metric **** ton of players in lowbies and regs who have very little skill or knowledge about their own class, the classes of other players, or the maps/game modes that they are playing. that make it exceedingly easy for someone, even of my middling skill, to carry.

I enjoy arenas. I enjoy (most) WZs. the population of players in this game is too small for either of them to thrive independently. there are already too many players who ignore objectives in WZs (either out of ignorance or not caring). and arenas already only pop when there aren't enough players to create a WZ match. so literally no WZs-only player is missing out on a WZ when an arena pops. but separating the queues drastically reduces the frequency of either. also, an arenas-only queue will turn into a wasteland like group ranked because 4m groups will queue for it and drive everyone away as often happens in lowbie when the population is low.

Edited by CheesyEZ

You can goof around in both, it's just a game after all. It just shows that you have no respect for your team mates. Do you think peeps sign up for unranked to lose or to watch you goofing around?

Who said I lose? :confused:

I leave arenas all the time and rather do something else for 15 mins, no big deal.

And goofing around is worse than this? I guess you don't care if your team 3v4's. Now that's the real lack of respect.

--------------------------

4v4 arenas are so much faster than regular warzones. It boggles my mind that people would leave. 5 mins of your time = GS points, conquest points, daily/weekly missions, end of match rewards. Basic math should tell you how good it is to play unranked arenas. But instead people leave and wait 15 min deserter lockout for a new 10-15 minute warzone that they've played thousands of times. How backwards is this logic?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

4v4 arenas are so much faster than regular warzones. It boggles my mind that people would leave. 5 mins of your time = GS points, conquest points, daily/weekly missions, end of match rewards. Basic math should tell you how good it is to play unranked arenas. But instead people leave and wait 15 min deserter lockout for a new 10-15 minute warzone that they've played thousands of times. How backwards is this logic?

Have to agree here. My wife isn’t a big pvp fan and doesn’t like arena format much. But even she would rather have arena pops because at least they are over faster even if she loses. Of course she doesn’t like it when our teams are totally unbalanced and it’s a loss before the match starts. If it wasn’t for GS, she wouldn’t even bother pvping because you get nothing for losing.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Have to agree here. My wife isn’t a big pvp fan and doesn’t like arena format much. But even she would rather have arena pops because at least they are over faster even if she loses. Of course she doesn’t like it when our teams are totally unbalanced and it’s a loss before the match starts. If it wasn’t for GS, she wouldn’t even bother pvping because you get nothing for losing.

I'm the same, only started doing pvp again because of GS.