The 6.0 Expansion has been confirmed!

Eshvara

This is from SWTOR Central's live stream.

6.0 expansion is 100% confirmed, they have a date but won't tell us when.

They have confirmed it will not be "Knights of the ____" (but it sounds like the name is not 100% chosen either)

SWTOR Central: An expansion is coming, yes?

Eric Musco: Yes.

SWTOR Central: Confirmed. Yes? 6.0 Confirmed.

Eric Musco: Yes.

SWTOR Central: You got a date?

Eric Musco: No-

SWTOR Central: No?

Eric: [Well], yes, but we can't tell you.

SWTOR Central: Oh oh oh you do have a date!

Eric Musco: Do we have a date? Oh no. No not really (laughing)

SWTOR Central: Oh you have a date? Oh of course you have a date, you just can't tell me.

Eric Musco: To be clear, the next update after 5.9 is 5.10, not 6.0

Charles Boyd: Correct.

Eric Musco: So it's not-

SWTOR Central: Is that actually true?

Eric Musco: That is actually true!

SWTOR Central: That there's a 5.10?

Eric Musco: To be fair I think there might be a 5.9.1

Charles Boyd: Oh yeah, sorry.

Eric Musco: I'm trying to remember - whatever - but there will be a 5.10, it will not be the 6.0.

SWTOR Central: What is the last patch before the expansion? What is that going to be called?

Eric Musco: TBD? [To Be Decided] It depends on... if you saw the way that we do production plans-

Charles Boyd: 5-dot-three-thousand-seven-hundred-and-... (laughing)

Eric Musco: It's 5.something and it depends on like - somethings are in this update, and then it's like what if we made another update x weeks later where we put that out here... it's a moving thing

Charles Boyd: There's always a discussion - is it better to do a lot of small updates or a handful of biger updates, which would change that number drastically. It's up in the air.

Eric Musco: Something about patch 5.twenty-three... just kidding, just kidding!

SWTOR Central: For the next expansion, is the name going to be Knights of the dot dot dot...?

Eric Musco: It is not.

SWTOR Central: It is not!?

Charles Boyd: We haven't decided what it will be, but it will not be that.

Copied from the reddit link, from the live stream! Who else is excited? I am.:rak_03::D:D:D

The focus seems to be Rep vs IMP.

As an addendum, here are some notes I took of the things I found interesting:

• there will at least be a 5.9.1 and 5.10 before 6.0 released
  • there will be an expansion (empire vs republic)
  • Jaesa coming back... "not a very long wait"
  • BWA thinking about a "polymorph" wz
  • sorc / sage improvement coming, whether utilities or buffing the class (in addition to multiple classes utilities changing)
  • pvp gear - expertise might come back (but it's a massive amount of work)
  • Ranked Season 9 ending midsummer. rewards still being decided
  • Serious internal conversations about ranked warzones - possible solution is ranked wz events
  • Might be able to kill Theron
  • New Stronghold coming
  • Malgus is probably dead
  • tracer missile animation coming back (just kidding)

Thanks LadyAdmiral for writing the transcript and Rion_Starkiller for the notes! :)

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam, you magnificent pleb! I could kiss you!

Thank you so much for sharing Esh!

The game is dead!" my metal hiney! :D

You're welcome! I'm glad they came on the swtor central stream, thanks to them all too!! :D:D

swtor goes on!!:rak_03:

Unless I can stay with the Alliance and let the imps and pubs kill each other without having to get involved ... I'll wait for 7.0 so I can skip this plot too.

:( Paul!!

Edited by Eshvara

Unless I can stay with the Alliance and let the imps and pubs kill each other without having to get involved ... I'll wait for 7.0 so I can skip this plot too.

10 minutes! That's all it took for someone to complain about an expansion we know nothing of. Rofl! :D

I'm with Paul. Though they confirmed rep vs imp ages ago so I got my complaining started waaaay back then. And nothing has been said to allay my fears about how such a plot will start yet lol.

Edited by Asmodesu

Copied from the reddit link, from the live stream! Who else is excited? I am.:rak_03::D:D:D

The focus seems to be Rep vs IMP.

Nice. Thanks for posting, Eshvara.

• sorc / sage improvement coming, whether utilities or buffing the class (in addition to multiple classes utilities changing)
  • Serious internal conversations about ranked warzones - possible solution is ranked wz events
  • New Stronghold coming

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Ranked Season 9 ending midsummer. rewards still being decided

Serious internal conversations about ranked warzones - possible solution is ranked wz events...

Thanks for posting. As to this, I really wish they would add an unranked arena queue all the way from lowbies where people could learn how to play arenas without all the vitriol of ranked...

I'm with Paul. Though they confirmed rep vs imp ages ago so I got my complaining started waaaay back then. And nothing has been said to allay my fears about how such a plot will start yet lol.

Well, you can thank you community for that one. That being said I think the Alliance his too heavily integrated in the way the game functions now, for the Alliance to be completely forgotten. You will probably still be the Alliance, but your relationship with either faction will just have more importance than it did during KOTET and KOTFE.

Hmm. I wonder how this'll work out for characters who sided with opposite factions on Iokath.

This is the one major question I'd prefer an answer on asap , even if they don't answer anything else thrown at them. How will it work if you swapped factions, will it be rep vs imp and you're on whichever side you joined on Iokath?

I hope they don't make my fully DS JC who sided with the Empire and Acina go back to the Republic.

And I hope they don't make my LS Agent who's been secretly working for the SIS for years go back to the Empire. After a taste of what it's like to openly show her Republic allegiance, that would be a bitter pill.

Edited by Estelindis

Nice. Thanks for posting, Eshvara.

• New Stronghold coming

Great! Do you mind if I put this in the OP?

Heh.... good thing today is not April 1st. :p:p:p

My guess is late summer... ahead of the big holiday push when they usually release an expac and then leave town for several weeks.

How big will it be, and what will it be? Who cares really... as it's nothing any of us can play until it actually releases.