Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So, Crisis On Umbara, You Say . . .

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, Crisis On Umbara, You Say . . .

Augsust's Avatar


Augsust
08.13.2017 , 01:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
You won't get any colourful planets anymore.
The video game culture currently *heaviuly* prefers what I call "heavy metal" style : Dark, grim,. death and hopelessness everywhere, huge bosses, treason injures verywhere ... And everything is SO MUCH dark, because of this simple equation :
"Colourful = Childish".
And which gamer who wants to evoke an image of being a cool, professional gamer would openly admit that he or she prefers colourful worlds ? He or she would get vote-kicked instantly. Why ? Because everyone would assume then that this gamer is a 12 year old child ...

No, no, no. If you want to be cool and invincible, then you've got to DESPISE colourfulness ! You must say "I get SICK from colours !" You must do as if you would vomit if exposed to an colourful video game ! And the titles of the games you openly admit to play must include words like "war", "dark", "demon", "honour","soul", "lost", "crime", "metal" and so on ...
I'll tell you to get those alderaan sound of musics out of my face as soon as any other Imp mainer, but the darkness is becoming a bit caricatured, lately. Hopefully after Umbara, comes Geonosis.
L E T U S R E A C H
The Augsust Legacy - Star Forge

DuchessKristania's Avatar


DuchessKristania
08.13.2017 , 03:08 PM | #12
As far as Umbara goes, my biggest hope is that the latest rumor about who the traitor is turns out to be untrue or only part of the story. If it does end up being who people say it is, and only that person, it's not going to sit well with a lot of people.

I also hope that the writing is a bit better and more thought out. I'm looking forward to seeing where things go, and a new flashpoint. I think the planet itself has the potential to be a pretty cool. I'm not sure how I feel about the new stronghold. I'll probably make it a moving military base or something like that.

Suzsi's Avatar


Suzsi
08.13.2017 , 03:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
Colour is bad, we want more shades of dark blue and brown.

I forgot what colour was while playing in the Imp side.

I almost had a seizure the first time I went to Nar Shadaa.
Hoth is so bright that it actually hurts my eyes !


As for other posts, I don't particularly want to go back to emp vrs pub either.
Im guessing a lot havent read the books if they dont feel like the alliance is star warsy enough. An alliance is exactly what happens in the books post movies woth Mon Mothma in the lead and eventually later, Leia and that happened because MM was poisoned, basically an assasination attempt on her.

Theres plenty of things in the SW universe, movies and books that felt like pretty corny writing to me. Like them all ending up accidentally in the same places at the same time etc.. winning battles due to pure blind luck and what not. Theres also tons of manipulation, backstabbing politics and the like.

Calwred's Avatar


Calwred
08.13.2017 , 06:36 PM | #14
Hmmmmm Umbara, according to the time line, Korriban was the academy at the time of the old republic, Umbra didn't come til like 2000 years after base of game. If they brought Umbara into game, there may be nothing there as yet.
Refer a friend www.swtor.com/r/L5fXHX

notanjelika's Avatar


notanjelika
08.14.2017 , 12:40 AM | #15
We already have a dark and gloomy planet, it is called Dromund Kaas.
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.14.2017 , 12:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
We already have a dark and gloomy planet, it is called Dromund Kaas.
Apart from the rain, I never found DK to look gloomy, but that's just me.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

feylyndiira's Avatar


feylyndiira
08.14.2017 , 01:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
You won't get any colourful planets anymore.
The video game culture currently *heaviuly* prefers what I call "heavy metal" style : Dark, grim,. death and hopelessness everywhere, huge bosses, treason injures verywhere ... And everything is SO MUCH dark, because of this simple equation :
"Colourful = Childish".
And which gamer who wants to evoke an image of being a cool, professional gamer would openly admit that he or she prefers colourful worlds ? He or she would get vote-kicked instantly. Why ? Because everyone would assume then that this gamer is a 12 year old child ...

No, no, no. If you want to be cool and invincible, then you've got to DESPISE colourfulness ! You must say "I get SICK from colours !" You must do as if you would vomit if exposed to an colourful video game ! And the titles of the games you openly admit to play must include words like "war", "dark", "demon", "honour","soul", "lost", "crime", "metal" and so on ...
Actually, anytime I run across anyone who has this attitude, I assume that they're a 12-year-old. 'Cause real grown-ups don't give a damn about what other gamers think. (And I say this from the perspective of a mother of a 12-year-old.)
Crimson and Ebony
A Tale of the Sith Warrior

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
08.14.2017 , 01:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by feylyndiira View Post
I assume
I assume nothing and question everything.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Suzsi's Avatar


Suzsi
08.14.2017 , 01:48 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
We already have a dark and gloomy planet, it is called Dromund Kaas.
That temple place you go to at the end of DK is pretty glooomy, also creepy whispers and stuff. Then theres the dark heart on Voss.

Taris wasnt super gloomy but it wasn't exactly sunshine and roses either, not like Alderaan. Quesh was just.. odd.

I like planets that mix it up, which would be fairly standard I think !

No reason a single planet couldnt have all biomes... kinda like say.. earth.

Swamp. Caves. Snow. Grass. Volcanoes. Desert. Gloomy ruins. And so on.

Personally I dont m ind 'pretty' at all. I also like happy endings. I like dark inbetween, angst and what not but I hate sad endings, life can be crappy enough without my entertainment leaving off with a bad taste in my mouth.

Im not afraid to say it.

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
08.14.2017 , 01:54 AM | #20
I want nothing less than what was shown in the pre-Disney, Lucas-era The Clone Wars series.
What we will most likely get is Umbara only shown via cut scenes or views from the train's window.