Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarova
04.10.2021 , 10:25 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
When Galactic Seasons goes live, each Stronghold will cost a total of 8 tokens. The cost for the Stronghold was set to 1 credit during PTS for testing purposes only.
Thanks for clarifying the live cost of the Penthouse Stronghold This is the reward I'll be spending my tokens on initially and have no issue with only being able to get one per season. I like that some effort is required; makes it a bit more "exclusive" and something to work towards like the Umbara Train SH.

Any news on fixes/changes to the hooks that have been pointed out/requested here and here?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as a permanent companion & romance please!
And more Quinn content is always welcome

My Rishi

Zarahemla
04.21.2021 , 02:41 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Their stated plan is for them to last 5 months. If you plan on going for both strongholds as quickly as possible, you probably can get the second stronghold a week or two in season 2 as you should only end up being one tokens short if you hit level 100 in season 1 and don't spend tokens on anything else.
Where did they say that a season will last for 5 months? That is not good IMO... I compare Galactic Seasons as being a longer Conquest. I see a lot of players get conquest then stop playing. If players finish the 100 tiers and still have a month to go, I could easily see a drop in subs / login time towards the end of a season.

The promised 4,000 cartel coins was supposed to appease people who buy referral clicks, Seeing as how the extra 2,000 cartel coins from removing the Refer-a-Friend (RAF) program is now divided by 5 months, that means players are only getting 400 cartel coins per month. That is less than referring one new person per month.

Also since you can only get a few tokens per season (not enough to get both strongholds) and those tokens are also used to buy sub rewards from years past, it will be years before a new player is able to get the new strongholds and the old sub rewards. At that rate, I don't know if a new player will ever be able to "catch up."

I was really hoping that a Galactic Season would only last for one month.
Want to hear my suggestions to improve SWTOR? Check out this thread

Ranadiel_Marius
04.21.2021 , 05:59 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarahemla View Post
Where did they say that a season will last for 5 months? That is not good IMO... I compare Galactic Seasons as being a longer Conquest. I see a lot of players get conquest then stop playing. If players finish the 100 tiers and still have a month to go, I could easily see a drop in subs / login time towards the end of a season.

The promised 4,000 cartel coins was supposed to appease people who buy referral clicks, Seeing as how the extra 2,000 cartel coins from removing the Refer-a-Friend (RAF) program is now divided by 5 months, that means players are only getting 400 cartel coins per month. That is less than referring one new person per month.

Also since you can only get a few tokens per season (not enough to get both strongholds) and those tokens are also used to buy sub rewards from years past, it will be years before a new player is able to get the new strongholds and the old sub rewards. At that rate, I don't know if a new player will ever be able to "catch up."

I was really hoping that a Galactic Season would only last for one month.
They said 5 months in the original announcement.

Not sure why you would think that it would be 1 month. Even if you complete every objective, the most points you could get in a single month is 260, which would only get you to level 32. So if it was only a month long, no one would be able to complete the thing. Hell you'd only get 3 tokens a month since the 4th token is at level 34.

AlacrityFitzhugh
05.03.2021 , 07:16 PM | #214
I've got the "Daily PO: Black Hole Daily Missions" up. Playing a level 75 Smuggler.

1. Tracking does not work; click the button, no tracking.
2. After doing six Daily Missions in the Black Hole on Corellia, I didn't get credit for them on the PO.

Underwhelmed...
I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light.

Nee-Elder
05.03.2021 , 09:17 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by AlacrityFitzhugh View Post
I've got the "Daily PO: Black Hole Daily Missions" up. Playing a level 75 Smuggler.

1. Tracking does not work; click the button, no tracking.
2. After doing six Daily Missions in the Black Hole on Corellia, I didn't get credit for them on the PO.

Underwhelmed...
hi! Unfortunately you posted in the now defunct (out-dated) PTS 'Public Test Server' forums area. So you might wanna instead post over in the more current 'Bug Reports' section for the LIVE servers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992508

Also, side-note but you also might wanna re-type your forum 'sig' , cuz of this recent change: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992143

Anyways, take care and happy gaming!
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix SPACE! 4.0ur *Community*)

Bluefordsto
06.03.2021 , 05:56 PM | #216
What I love about Bioware games is the forced grind of tedious tasks. Not customization, exploration, or not the roleplay experience. Tedious grind. That's what makes it fun. Or the addition of scrubs to warzones and GSF who go afk the moment they enter because it's an easy way to complete your daily target.

Nee-Elder
06.03.2021 , 07:01 PM | #217
*pointless*
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix SPACE! 4.0ur *Community*)

Xina_LA
06.04.2021 , 06:38 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluefordsto View Post
Tedious grind. That's what makes it fun. Or the addition of scrubs to warzones and GSF who go afk the moment they enter because it's an easy way to complete your daily target.
You can thank your fellow GSF players along with Bioware for that.

I'm not a big fan of GSF but I need to do it to get ahead in Galactic Seasons. I went in thinking I'd try to do a reasonably good job in supporting my team. I read some guides, played the single (BROKEN!) demo mission several times to get a feel for movement, and bought some ship upgrades.

Once I started playing, I noticed something happening in most of the battles. It didn't take long for veteran players to figure out who the inexperienced newbs are. I'd look at the map and have most (sometimes all) of the little red triangles around me. The veterans picked me off, over and over, for the easy kills. I'd spawn into another location and watch on the map as they cruised around in a pack until they found me and blew me up again. The better players on my team had to follow them around to even engage.

Needless to say, I'm not going to get any better at GSF, especially when I spend most of the battle with my abilities shut down somehow, and I'm no longer motivated to try. The GSF veterans are probably happy though -- they got the wins and whatever achievements and points come with them. Too bad for my team though, right?

Until there are tiers for power level and experience, it's going to be a mess.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--