BioWare’s Post in PTS section. RE gearing feedback changes.

TrixxieTriss

For those of you who don’t read the Dev Tracker or check the PTS section of the forums. BioWare have made a thread about our feedback for 7.0 gearing etc.

You can read it all here : Changes to Gearing in 7.0 from PTS Feedback https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1000825

Thanks for the link, Trix.

Having read it, I get the feeling they still don't understand. This is basically rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Like they're just making a few token concessions so they can say they have addressed the issue.

OK, well, bring on the iceberg.

For those of you who don’t read the Dev Tracker or check the PTS section of the forums. BioWare have made a thread about our feedback for 7.0 gearing etc.

You can read it all here : Changes to Gearing in 7.0 from PTS Feedback https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1000825

You should see the diagram on Reddit. They are putting more weight in endurance/hit points for tanks while lessening shield and absorb tertiary stats. A clear nerf to mitigation tanks one that will cause stress problems for healers in all game mods. I guess BW developers are trying to push for more skank tanks.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

You should see the diagram on Reddit. They are putting more weight in endurance/hit points for tanks while lessening shield and absorb tertiary stats. A clear nerf to mitigation tanks one that will cause stress problems for healers in all game mods. I guess BW developers are trying to push for more skank tanks.

I’ve given up that these guys know what they are doing with the game. I had a tiny hope when the expansion was delayed, that they would walk back on their static gear path.

But it’s now apparent there is no feedback the players can give that will change their minds. So when my sub runs out in 7 days time, sadly, I won’t be renewing it.

I’ve truely loved this game and it upsets me to see what BioWare are doing to it. I’m going to take a break and see what other games are around. I’ll sign up for FFXIV to see how that goes for a bit. I may or may not be back as a subscriber.

I’ve given up that these guys know what they are doing with the game. I had a tiny hope when the expansion was delayed, that they would walk back on their static gear path.

But it’s now apparent there is no feedback the players can give that will change their minds. So when my sub runs out in 7 days time, sadly, I won’t be renewing it.

I’ve truely loved this game and it upsets me to see what BioWare are doing to it. I’m going to take a break and see what other games are around. I’ll sign up for FFXIV to see how that goes for a bit. I may or may not be back as a subscriber.

Reading through that Dev post, I get the impression that BW is hearing player concerns, but not listening to them.

Gear Drops for Solo Players

Players on the Conquest Gear track currently have no way to obtain direct gear drops, which would make gearing alt character more difficult than we intended. To alleviate this issue we have created a new Noble Decurion Distribution Crate. This crate will reward the player 1 piece of Noble Decurion gear, at an equal item random to a randomly chosen piece of equipped gear.

This crate will be rewarded on the Weekly Missions for Heroic and Daily Areas.

Story Flashpoint Rewards

Story Flashpoint Missions will now offer the player a choice between 3 Medals of Commendation or 3 Decurion Isotope Stabilizers for completion.

Bosses in Story Flashpoints will still drop Decurion Isotope Stabilizers.

As a solo player at this time with an army of alts, I see little incentive to continue to subscribe, and nothing to be excited about with 7.0. Except for some new hair styles? That's it for me with 7.0 at this point. Nothing to counter the, for me, huge downside of being what BW seems to consider a "less than player" as a solo player. Minor adaptions to an inherently bad gearing system doesn't change it from being a bad gearing system. Static stat gear and for solo players RNG -- which BW is notoriously bad at. Don't even get me started on 7.0's convoluted, Currency tab cluttering, new currencies. And, other changes I've mentioned in other posts about the discouraging 7.0 changes.

I don't think I'll be continuing my subscription after it runs out. Will I abandon SWTOR? Probably not. Based on upcoming changes, if I play SWTOR it will be as Preferred. I'll miss SWTOR, but not enough to wade through the mess of 7.0.

Reading through that Dev post, I get the impression that BW is hearing player concerns, but not listening to them.

As a solo player at this time with an army of alts, I see little incentive to continue to subscribe, and nothing to be excited about with 7.0. Except for some new hair styles? That's it for me with 7.0 at this point. Nothing to counter the, for me, huge downside of being what BW seems to consider a "less than player" as a solo player. Minor adaptions to an inherently bad gearing system doesn't change it from being a bad gearing system. Static stat gear and for solo players RNG -- which BW is notoriously bad at. Don't even get me started on 7.0's convoluted, Currency tab cluttering, new currencies. And, other changes I've mentioned in other posts about the discouraging 7.0 changes.

I don't think I'll be continuing my subscription after it runs out. Will I abandon SWTOR? Probably not. Based on upcoming changes, if I play SWTOR it will be as Preferred. I'll miss SWTOR, but not enough to wade through the mess of 7.0.

+1 from me.

Eh it's not great but at least this change will make it easier to gear up my alts, so I'm happy(ier) than I was 2 days ago.

I just really wish we got SOMETHING for doing story content.

Eh it's not great but at least this change will make it easier to gear up my alts, so I'm happy(ier) than I was 2 days ago.

I just really wish we got SOMETHING for doing story content.

When you’ve already had you’re expectations kicked to curb, even a giant douche looks good (©️South Park)

And just saying. Just cause they tweak a bad system to make it less bad, doesn’t make it good. It’s still a turd sandwich (©️ South Park)

Basically we’re reduced to arguing over a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

BioWare we are sick of you lowering our expectations so much that we accept what ever is the lesser evil and forget how bad it is. Please start understanding the player feed back we give you and start developing things that are enjoyable.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ll sign up for FFXIV to see how that goes for a bit. I may or may not be back as a subscriber.

I know they have Oceania up and running; however, if you want to play with myself and brother, we're on Aether/Adamantoise. We can get you up to speed and help you navigate the game & ARR.

I know they have Oceania up and running; however, if you want to play with myself and brother, we're on Aether/Adamantoise. We can get you up to speed and help you navigate the game & ARR.

Thanks. I’ll let you know when we have it sorted. I’ve 5 gaming PCs to build the next few weeks for clients.

How are you getting video cards for a decent price?

I’m in Australia and we have a slightly different IT distribution system. All IT hardware is supplied by a group of about 5 large and 3 small distributors, they aren’t directly supplied by the vendors (like in the US and EU). We also have very strict competition laws compared to the US and EU. The only down side is we usually pay more for everything even when supply is good. But the upside is when supply is bad, we don’t get ripped off as much. It also helps that I’ve got great relationships with 3 of the main IT distributors in Australia because I used to work at them ;) I’m currently able to source nearly every nVidia RTX model except the RTX 3080 12GB and every AMD model except the RX 6500 XT (longer lead times means we have a natural lag affect on the newest models)

As I replied in the PTS thread: I made my decision to finally quit my sub, because I don't like what I tested on the PTS at all, and I was very disappointed that they completely botched the 10th anniversary. I expected little. But even that was too much. We got nothing. Not even a deco with a 10 on top. Like the one with a 5 that we got in 2016.

A user whose name I have never noticed before replied with a very clever, witty remark: "Can I have your stuff?"

I've spent thousands of Euros on subscription, cartel coins and merchandise. And while this was all my choice and I liked spending it, I think it's sad that they decided to push me out and not take my money anymore. At the end, it's their loss, since I can continue to play for free.

I don't understand whom it helps if I and other players are quitting because of unneeded changes that no one has asked for, and a big majority on this forum as well as in game chat and on reddit dislike. To me, this sounds like a bad business tactic. I don't see a winner in this scenario.

I don't know why I still bother writing. It's all done and decided. This is the way.

I’m in Australia and we have a slightly different IT distribution system. All IT hardware is supplied by a group of about 5 large and 3 small distributors, they aren’t directly supplied by the vendors (like in the US and EU). We also have very strict competition laws compared to the US and EU. The only down side is we usually pay more for everything even when supply is good. But the upside is when supply is bad, we don’t get ripped off as much. It also helps that I’ve got great relationships with 3 of the main IT distributors in Australia because I used to work at them ;) I’m currently able to source nearly every nVidia RTX model except the RTX 3080 12GB and every AMD model except the RX 6500 XT (longer lead times means we have a natural lag affect on the newest models)

Here in Argentina, its unfortunately the opposite. Cost of living overall is very low, like 20% of US CoL. I was living on 500-600 USD per month with very little problem. The beef & red wine are excellent, and very, very cheap if you have dollars. And regional pricing on Steam means games are incredibly cheap.

BUT tech goods of any kind are hellishly expensive, and availability is very poor. But hey, we're a third-world banana republic at the arse-end of the world...

Edited by ElZaguero

Here in Argentina, its unfortunately the opposite..... But hey, we're a third-world banana republic at the arse-end of the world...

At least you have bananas, Canada is becoming a banana republic, but yes, we have no bananas.

Well I guess they wont listen very hard or much. I'm in the wrong multiverse, I can't change that, can changed games though. There were a few folks I enjoyed reading on these forums, Trixxie being one of them. So in a week she may be off gaming somewhere else after building her rigs for folks. Then someone else goes and someone else not only will the game be screwed but all we will have left in the forums will be stickies. Its the royal 'we' I've got 14 days left.

I'm late trying to see what the fuss is about with [XIV] although by rights shouldn't Final Fantasy have been the last??

Also I found an after apocalypse game I played years ago (Fallen Earth) was taken down for a revamp but is back running the old version while little orbit work on the new version.

Well, to all the folks that may be disappointed with 7.0 & Bioware and are looking for greener pastures - Happy Gaming and may you land in a place that gives you happiness.