Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dread Council HM/MM Guide (Bestia kiting)

Flyingcatt's Avatar


Flyingcatt
01.22.2022 , 04:21 PM | #1
Heya, so I was wondering if there is a somewhat up-to-date guide for the dread council boss in hm and/or mm, because it feels like the bestia kite isn't working as it used to (or I just forgot how to do it, lol)... if there is no guide, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how to kite Bestia. (I know one could tank swap, but i wanna know if the kite is still possible, and if yes, how to do it)
Thanks in advance, and sorry for any typos, I'm not a native speaker^^

mike_carton's Avatar


mike_carton
01.22.2022 , 04:46 PM | #2
Tank swap for Bestia. A mobile DPS kites Raptus.

See the Vulkk video.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
01.27.2022 , 05:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyingcatt View Post
Heya, so I was wondering if there is a somewhat up-to-date guide for the dread council boss in hm and/or mm, because it feels like the bestia kite isn't working as it used to (or I just forgot how to do it, lol)... if there is no guide, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how to kite Bestia. (I know one could tank swap, but i wanna know if the kite is still possible, and if yes, how to do it)
Thanks in advance, and sorry for any typos, I'm not a native speaker^^
The devs increased her movement speed a couple of patches ago, IIRC.
Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง ~ ADAL-IstyanFiend
8 pugs and a grophet Show Me Your Rage
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

ZUHFB's Avatar


ZUHFB
01.28.2022 , 01:01 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
The devs increased her movement speed a couple of patches ago, IIRC.
No, they increased the range and of her applying the debuff. There are ways for at least sin and pt how its 'easy enough' however worse than a tank swap IF done on sin. Pt is the best class to kite.

Sin: After the push you phantom stride once your debuff is under ~50% duration and you run until bestia obliterates you and then you force speed, should she reach you you can vanish just before she applies it and then taunt back to give you one more GCD for the debuff to fall of.

PT: You only run every 2nd Push with hydraulics and you start kiting just like Sin would.

Jugg: Have you tried tank swapping? :P I think you need to intercede someone or stuff like this, but just tank swap its really easier.
professional combat rez farmer

Flyingcatt's Avatar


Flyingcatt
01.29.2022 , 11:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZUHFB View Post
No, they increased the range and of her applying the debuff. There are ways for at least sin and pt how its 'easy enough' however worse than a tank swap IF done on sin. Pt is the best class to kite.

Sin: After the push you phantom stride once your debuff is under ~50% duration and you run until bestia obliterates you and then you force speed, should she reach you you can vanish just before she applies it and then taunt back to give you one more GCD for the debuff to fall of.

PT: You only run every 2nd Push with hydraulics and you start kiting just like Sin would.

Jugg: Have you tried tank swapping? :P I think you need to intercede someone or stuff like this, but just tank swap its really easier.
Thanks alot, I'll try that the next time! I'm on sin mainly, do I phantom stride to bestia or to another of the 4 bosses? I tried it with just running with force speed after she jumps on me (after the kick), but I always had like ~2-5 seconds of debuff left when I did that

ZUHFB's Avatar


ZUHFB
01.30.2022 , 02:01 AM | #6
Nah you phantom stride to bestia for the movement speed, I would still recommend tank swapping. It really is easier than it sounds.
professional combat rez farmer