How to use Public Strongholds

spidwebber

How do you purchase a public stronghold? I want to purchase a public strong on Iilum. I can travel to it, but how do i get a key and include it as a stronghold to travel to from my stronghold list.

You can only purchase strongholds for planets for which they've designed strongholds. Ilum does not have any strongholds.

Planets which have strongholds typically have a terminal near the spaceport, and one in the strongholds section of the Fleet. The exception is the Umbaran Mobile Base, where the terminal is on Odessen and it doesn't have a terminal on the Fleet. The rest are Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Yavin 4, Manaan, Rishi, Alderaan. Obviously, you can't purchase a Dromund Kaas stronghold from the Republic Fleet or vice versa.

Strongholds can be flagged as "Public" once you have obtained a certain amount of Prestige points. I believe the threshold is 100k? Prestige points are earned by consuming decorations into your collection. You get 100 points for the first copy of a decoration you add and 2 for each copy thereafter. Decorations can be capped at 1, 10, 50, or 999 copies. Decorations can be bought on the Fleet, on the Cartel Market, from other players via the GTN, from achievements, or looted from content.

Your prestige score is doubled if you are a subscriber, allowing you to list your stronghold as public with fewer owned decorations than a preferred or F2P. Prestige is determined by the decorations you own, that is ones you have consumed and added to your collection, not necessarily how many you have placed in any particular stronghold.

Edited by phalczen