Personal Challenge Quest-Defeat Kregg and the Mandalorians on Dromun Kaas

The-Eradicator

I'm level 14 and I can't defeat any of the Mandalorians I encounter so I can complete the quest. Should I head to Kaas city to get better armor and a lightsaber? Where can I gain the skill of Medium armor? I'm currently stuck with light armor. Or should I stay and level up?

Armor proficiency is determined by class, both basic and advanced. Jedi Knights, for example, get Medium Armor proficiency, and can get Heavy Armor proficiency if they go with the Guardian advanced class. I don't know what class you're playing, but what you have is what you get. Unless you haven't chosen your Advanced Class, in which case you should go do that yesterday.

This mission can be difficult to do solo, as it is a Heroic 2+, meaning it was designed to be run with another player in a group.

Since you have light armor, you're either an Assassin or a Sorcerer. Either way, you don't yet have a companion that can heal you.

It can be soloed, but you'll need to have better gear and perhaps a few more levels. The higher your level is relative to the enemy you're attacking, the easier it is to kill it.

I am Sith Inquistor with Advance Class Sorceror and I have a companion that is level 14 too.

Companions stay the same level as you. Try find a group in general chat to help you with it. If you go into your quest log and shift + left click on the quest it will send the link to chat, people can easily see what you want help with then.

I am Sith Inquistor with Advance Class Sorceror and I have a companion that is level 14 too.

this is why you can only use light armor.

Sith Inquisitors/Jedi Consulars: Light

Marauders/Sentinels and Imperial Agents/Smugglers: Medium

Juggernaut/Guardian and Bounty Hunter/Trooper: Heavy

I'm level 14 and I can't defeat any of the Mandalorians I encounter so I can complete the quest. Should I head to Kaas city to get better armor and a lightsaber? Where can I gain the skill of Medium armor? I'm currently stuck with light armor. Or should I stay and level up?

Being a heroic quest (iirc its an H2, which means its designed to be able to done with 2 players). If you are geared out to the max and have lots of presence you could solo it fine, but if you are new try finding another player to help with the quest. Or you can come back once you level up a bit more

The main reason you are struggling is because this quest is designed for two or more players (that's what [Heroic 2+] means). You aren't really meant to be able to do it on your own at the intended level.

Group up with some people around you. If you see someone saying "LFG Personal Challenge" in general chat, whisper them and offer to team up.

Edited by PLynkes

You can actually solo the quest, especially as a sorcerer. Set Khem to attack, then sit back and heal him. Toss out an attack or 2 when you have time, but focus on healing him. You should be fine as long as he's in his tank stance. Also make sure you've got decent armor and that you've upgraded Khem's as well, he uses heavy Str if I remember correctly.

Ok I will join up with some other players to help me on the Kregg quest.

Also, be sure you're trained up on all your abilities. Costs some credits, but if you aren't, your stuff won't be as effective or, if you've neglected training, be completely ineffective.

I'm in the same position as you with a Bounty Hunter. Maybe I'll see you there!

If you play smart even at 14 you should be able to solo most or all of it if your gear is decent. The Mando's come in pairs so sic Khem on 1 and Whirlwind the other then keep Khem healed and add dps and stuns when you can. Reupp the whirlwind on the second mando if it drops off and the other isn't dead. It'll be a slow fight but should be easily winnable.

Kregg can probably be soloed as well that level if you use some LoS and dont' forget about your heroic moment (I think you have that by 14).

• 7 years later...
i cant draw out kreeg i have killed all the mandos but the only time i see him is when he is there for other players

You need to go into the tent. There’s some device there that has a blue, clickable faceplate. You need to click that to summon the boss. This is a popular Heroic and - despite this being Imp side - players play nice and wait for their turn when many are trying to get it done; even better is to form spontaneous, ad hoc groups just for this Heroic to dispose off the 8 Mandalorians quickly.