Operative vrs Scoundrel stun

YaddleTwo

Is it just me or does the operative stun last long enough to say, get the bomb on the door in Voidstar or capture a post etc, but the stuns on smuggler/scoundrel don't?

I've paid extra close attention to this the past few days and every time my operative can get off the bomb before the stun wears off but my smuggler can't.

Balance please Bioware and thank you! (unless my operative is just that op in which case never mind! lol)

(posted in wrong forum sorry about that)

Edited by YaddleTwo

animation effects do have real consequences. i haven't heard anything about this with op/scoundrel, but BW did have to adjust the punts for consulars/inquisitors because the animation of having consulars(?) do a flip before the punt delayed the effect of the actual punt.

iirc, VG/PT aoe stuns were also a little different as PT had to spin around whereas VG was quicker. there are others.

another example would be heatseeker missile. it doesn't "hit" the target until the animated missile actually makes contact with the enemy player. that animation is slower than other ranged attacks. so you might fire heatseeker at the same time a sniper/sage shoots at the merc, and both shots might kill their opponent, but since the heatseeker travels slower than what the sniper shot, the merc will die first (important in arenas).