Good guy in the Empire

Tithenernil

Hello everyone.

I'm coming back to SWtOR with a few friends of mine and I'm facing a dilemma.

My friends all want to play on the Empire side but I'm a goody two shoes at heart and I find it really painful to have so many quests where I have to murder, poison and maim innocent people.

What would be the class story that could allow me to play a nice guy in the Empire without feeling bad?

Thanks a lot for your opinions!

Agent

You stop terrorists. You take down a Conspiracy.

You will want to avoid some planet quests regardless of Class story. Not all of them, but a couple of them makes you Team Bad Guy. Taris comes to mind since the intent is to blow up the Republic base. Alderaan is another, but only if you really dislike having to fight against House Organa, the family of our Princess. The ultimate goal of the Quest is the same as the Republic with different motives, so the planet story doesn't make you Team Gad Buy; it's just that at one point you fight House Organa.

Once you get past the Class Story you're more easily on Team Good Guy. You can save a planet from destruction. You stop a Conspiracy against the Empire, allying with the Republic, but it can hurt having to attack Tython before you know what's going on. Then you go against the Eternal Throne.

And for maximum "Team Even Worse Guy" value, there's always the mission you can find as you start to go into the slave rebellion area near the Unfinished Colossus on Dromund Kaas, the Sith lord near the entrance. The mission is to poison the water supplies that the rebellious slaves are using, and the Sith lord asks you to use a bare minimum of the poison so the slaves die, but very slowly and in terrible agony. His assistant who actually has the stocks of poison is a less horrible person and asks you to be more generous with the poison so that the slaves die really quickly, so they don't have time to realise how much pain they are in.

Following the assistant's request is, nevertheless, the "Light" choice.

Yeah. Imperial agent will do just fine. Not worse than any rep story. Inquisitor can be not really bad one, but there is no much fun if you don't use your lightning in dialoques. Bounty hunter is a little bit more difficult to be a good guy. You have to sell people anyway. Almost the same goes to warrior.

all of them being ''good'' defeat the purpose of playing the archetype,but

surprisingly the best light side class from the imp side is inquisitor.

It is still cringe but it is less cringe than the others.

i have never done it and never will but these are my 2 cents.

Edited by Kaedusz

As a BH you can be the righteous and noble Warrior without being full on good like the Trooper. BH has a more of a Punisher feel too it, you go around hunting contracts, but you have choices during those contracts that almost feel like the philosophy of being a Nobel warrior takes precedence over being a hired gun. An to be honest once you get into the Knight expansion its very Black and White in the choices, for me i always go with what i think a Mando would do. Once you get out of the Knights expansion it becomes a bit more grey area with some choices. Just dont expect alot of your choices to matter once you leave your class story and hit Makeb, it becomes streamlined after that.