Please change log in menu music and think the whole concept over

Stradlin

Logging in an alt to quickly check my inventory. I mean, maybe I had a stack of crafting mats there. Then back to my main. oops, not *that* main. Log out. Switch once more. Not too epic, right? WRONG!! At least if you ask from person composing menu music of SWTOR. Spending two seconds in character selection screen means both seconds are riveting eargasm of LOUD PSEUDO LATIN CHOIR SINGIIIING

Oh what's that? You been afk for 15 mins, your headphones emmit barely audible comfortable atmospheric fleet or guild ship ambience. Maybe you are basically half asleep. Sounds like you need some more epic to your life buddy! Lemme log you out and fill your eardrums with LOUD PSEUDO LATIN CHOIR

Please have somebody who understands video game log in screens compose the next piece. tyvm. it is so annoying how current one goes from 0 to 10000000 mph in one second. People listen same 2 seconds of it a billion times. Neither of those seconds needs to sound like movie 20 minutes from its end credits. First 10 seconds of log in screen are , soundtrackwise, Aragorn ascending from sky, mounting a dragon and holding uzis in both hands.

My immersion prolly wouldn't get completely destroyed if log in screen came with something bit more subtle, instead of LOUD CHOIR SHOUTING TO MY EAR IN SOME IMAGINARY LANGUAGE.

Seriously.considering the very nature of logging in, what those first 2-10 seconds are like is very impotant. As it is now, all of those seconds are loud and annoying.

Edited by Stradlin

Differing opinion: Please keep the new music, I love it.

I'm bit surprised like/dislike of the song itself is even a factor here. Like the song, hate the song, you always get to enjoy the same three LOUD SYLLABLES of imaginary language when logging in, swtiching characters, dropping afk while alt tabbed. Even if you like the song, I'd imagine experience is bit like having chorus of your favorite song set as ring tone of workphone that rings all the time and needs to be picked immediately.

Edited by Stradlin

'Better' opinion, give us the option.

I dream of a mute button in corner of the log in screen. One that remembers my selection.

Age old MMO named Ultima Online is pretty cool about this stuff. All of in-game music is just a pile of mp3 files easily available via game folders. Ability to change them into something, anything, of your liking was officially supported and promoted feature once. Easy to think of various lowkley ambient star wars soundscapes that'd be a million times more at home on login screen than the capslock choir.

Edited by Stradlin

I'm bit surprised like/dislike of the song itself is even a factor here. Like the song, hate the song, you always get to enjoy the same three LOUD SYLLABLES of imaginary language when logging in, swtiching characters, dropping afk while alt tabbed. Even if you like the song, I'd imagine experience is bit like having chorus of your favorite song set as ring tone of workphone that rings all the time and needs to be picked immediately.

If you want to go that route about it, try spending 22 years listening to the same combat music in EQ1.