5.10.3 update laggy?

Seems like a lot of lag for clicking on mailboxes, traveling out of strongholds, took about 10 seconds to start the travel sequence for going from fleet to ossus, etc....anyone else having it?

EDIT: STAR FORGE

2nd EDIT: As more and more people are logging into the server the load times are increasing

3rd EDIT: As of 1:15pm EST problem has stopped on my end. Taking a break for a while so I won't be able to monitor

4th Edit: At 2:30pm EST I came back from break, had 900+ queue then got kicked back to server selection and can't log in at all

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually came here to see if anyone else was having the issue or if it was just me. Definitely very laggy logging in or traveling to different locations. I have an awful premonition of more downtime needed to fix this.

• Dev Post

Are you all on Star Forge?

We are tracking an intermittent issue that is happening but only on that server (which can cause the queue and some intermittent lag in-game). Let me know if you are seeing issues somewhere else.

-eric

Starforge here - travelling to Odessen took almost 15 seconds after click for it to happen after clicking - screen was just idle like I hadn't clicked and then it just travelled. Once travel was initiated, almost another 30 seconds for it to actually load. My normal Odessen load time is 5-10 seconds tops.

Also, login queue was 200+, cancelled, got placed 'at the top of the list' as a subscriber - took almost 15mins to get in.

Edited by michaelcshow

I'm on Star Forge, logged into a queue and it takes several minutes for a character to actually login. Game play is also very laggy. While switching characters, it stayed on the loading screen for a long time then went back to the character selection screen. Attempting login again.

Though I am please to see scrap and UC now stacks in legacy bank.

Edited by Trance-Gemini

Can’t exit my strong hold. When I click on it nothing happens.... wait just worked 30 secs after I clicked it and after being stuck on the load screen for a minute. I’ve arrived at the fleet

Edit : currently on Star Forge

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Ok thanks for the details everyone. Hang tight, we are looking into what is going on with Star Forge.

-eric

Also, I just tried to use my ship to leave the hanger on the fleet and it hangs for 40 secs on a broken piece of space and textures.

Then back to another load screen for another minute or so.

Edit : go to Dantooine and he ship landing scene hangs for 40secs then goes to load screen for another minute

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Are you all on Star Forge?

We are tracking an intermittent issue that is happening but only on that server (which can cause the queue and some intermittent lag in-game). Let me know if you are seeing issues somewhere else.

-eric

Yes, Star Forge...sorry I should have included that

Checking mail wasn't working. It'd take 2-3 minutes after clicking on a mail (from the GTN) to get the contents to actually display. Clicking on a bought item or trying to get credits back from a failed sale would get a "Mail operation error" or something. Clicking the different outfit tabs for my character would just show blank spaces. Trying to travel to different areas would take 30-40 seconds for the transition to happen. Various NPCs at Fleet were not appearing. Then, when I tried to leave my stronghold, I got dumped out of the game entirely. Now I'm trying to log back in and am facing a queue.

Current server is also Star Forge.

EDIT: Got through the queue. Tried to log back in. Now I'm siting there at the Interlude loading screen with the spinning wheel thingy in the bottom right. No loading bar. Just sitting here. Waiting for about 3-4 minutes now.

Edited by Maeklos

On star forge. I logged in to a lvl 65 that was on fleet and it looked okay, so I then switched to a lvl 70 in the Tatooine stronghold (that is a gm of a guild). That took a long time to load, and showed he was not in a guild and the mailbox was empty (got a couple emails before I quit, but didn't open the mailbox to check if the 100 or so emails I should have had were there). I quit and relaunched the game, but then got the queue for connecting. I'm a sub.

Can’t load characters now.

I logged back to the character screen to choose a different Alt, 2 times I’ve gone into the load screen for 3-5 mins and it’s just hung there and goes back to the character select screen.

I guess that’s it for me. I’m going back to bed and hope this is fixed when I wake up :rolleyes:

I managed to get the update. Started the game. Suddenly my desk top cover was all that remained. I checked the task manager: " No apps running !"

Somehow ... it shut down on its own. I'll try again and see what shakes out.

EDIT: 10 minutes later we're in. Not sure for how long. Only one person showing on Ossus with me.

Hang in there !!

Edited by OlBuzzard