returning player questions

jeniferc

Hi I have come back to the game after a very long break and looking to start over with a new character and level her up. The pick is going to be a Sith class and I noticed that when making a new character even with the base line sith warrior and sith inquisitor they can start off as any of the advanced classes even from the republic side. With that being said I am looking for recommendations of what advanced class to go with. When i was on the fleet I opened up the tab that shows all the players there and saw most of them were assassins and juggernauts. So I am guessing those are really good right now?

Also I wont be raiding so the content I will be focusing on is just some flashpoints and PVP. If you could list what you would go with and why, that would be a huge help :)

I'm sure there are many reasons someone choose their combat style the way the did, My self I play mainly for fun, entertaining just me, obviously I play solo. So this is more how I see (PVE)

I preferred Shadow over Assassin, but liked the Assassin story more, so I have Shadow doing the fat mans bidding :D

then I wondered, what if I went Sorcerer, so new character was made, and me likes.

Now I have previously completed all chapters, so the option to start with a second was available to me, I waited not sure what I wanted a second combat style, till my shadow had a difficult fight, one where you don't have a pocket healer and the Shadow has no heals, a second had to be made, I chose Sorcerer, they have heals and can do damage. took a moment longer to figure how to create a new load out, made 2, one to attempt to be a full healer if I ever decide to, and another dps/heals focused on dps, w/heals. best I could be would be a backup healer, that's a lot of gear to pack.

another build I did, was Smuggler story, but as a Operative Combat Style, now that's fun.

again I'm here for entertaining for myself, but maybe that gives you a idea what to build, and one personal view how it works