Why isn't the level requirement for Master Mode Flashpoints set to 80?

Elvarania

Within a few weeks of 7.0, the Operation level was set to 80. Why wasn't this done for Master Mode Flashpoints?

The difference in difficulty between each flashpoint varies wildly, and there isn't even an item level restriction. Some of the harder ones are not possible even with level 80 players in low item rating gear. Try doing the second boss on Korriban with less than 15k DPS per player, or an undergeared healer.

Almost every MM FP I have joined that has a level 70-79 will, at BEST be boosted through if it's an easy one, like Hammer Station or Athiss (with a little bit of information 'you really shouldn't queue up until you're at least level 80), or at WORST they are instantly group kicked. I had a guildy complain they had been kicked from the previous seven MM FPs they had joined with no explanation. It was only after we explained to them that being under 80 is a severe handicap that they understood. Their response was 'well why does the game let me queue, then?'

I did an Athiss recently with a level 76, in a full set from Onslaught, who was doing about 2k DPS because the bosses just kept resisting their attacks. I was more than happy to boost them through, but this would have been impossible on any other FP. I have just joined a Battle of Rishi with three level 70s and we abandoned the group after a few wipes on TRASH.

I don't mind helping newbies, or people that don't know, but why can level 70s queue for MM FPs?! It's a waste of time for everybody involved and results in a long slog, a group kick or lockout penalties for all involved.

there is a whole bunch of problems,

a) MM FPs are extremly imbalanced. One can soloing some bosses and other bosses, are very hard if only a single dps does'nt do well.

b) most experienced players doesnt care or queue, because MM FPs have become just a great waste of time since all you can get is blue 326 gear. MM FPs are no more worth the time, especially the harder ones. So you'll have more and more new and inexperienced players there.

c) there is a huge gap between Vet and MM FPs difficulty. Vet FPs are just some easy walk ttrough, they have literaly become a joke. So some players sleepwalking 1-2 Vet FPs, than thinking they can do MM... and get obliterated there.

d) bolster/buff - The bolster to buff players to 80 is just ********. Those players dont have all their ablities, dont have the dps, dont have armor rating, tactical and so on - but worst, they lack too much health. Most of the time all they can is run for their lives. They need much more survivability.

d) bolster/buff - The bolster to buff players to 80 is just ********. Those players dont have all their ablities, dont have the dps, dont have armor rating, tactical and so on - but worst, they lack too much health. Most of the time all they can is run for their lives. They need much more survivability.

there's no bolster at all, not even ******** one

Bolster :D

Nah, you walk in as a level 76 you stay a level 76 the entire time vs level 80 mobs.

If you see a sub-80 in your mmfp pop just decline it for everyones sake. It's an invitation to be 3 manning it and you don't know what fp its going to be.

Edited by Gyronamics