Dear Story Team, What Year Are We Currently In?

Ylliarus

Hey folks!

*snip*

Thanks for this post, Charles! Time to break out my SWTOR Encyclopedia for another reread, it looks like. And to copy this into a word document for later!

Speaking of dates, Might we be able to get the birth dates of characters like Arcann, Lana, Theron, Koth, ect? Or at least there ages as of The Task at Hand, some thing samiler to the bios and information we got for the class companions in the Encyclopedia?

I would love more timelime/ lore posts like this. It makes writing my fan fiction a lot easier. And

I'd have to re-read Annihilation to be able to make an informed comment on that, but with Chapter 2 base game being in 3641 and that being when the Treaty of Coruscant fell, that makes sense, but I've always assumed from in-game content that Ilum was in 3640.

Now, a major issue I see here, @CharlesBoyd, is that the Republic playthrough of Onslaught mentions that the First Battle of Corellia was 10 years ago, i.e. 3640 .

I don't usually weigh in on these, but it may be more of a "not literally" thing.....

Sometimes people just estimate when speaking in years (since it's such a long time frame)... x event happened y years ago even though it actually happened at a different specific time. It's actually easy to get a 1 year difference this way.

Take for instance my birthday I turned 42... Until my birthday (even to the day before) I could still say I was born 41 years ago and still be technically correct (even though it's closer to 42).

• Class stories begin in 10 ATC.
  • Task at Hand is at the very beginning of 27 ATC/3626 BBY.

Hope this is helpful! And again, let me know if y'all find any specific callouts for years that I'm missing, particularly around that end of class stories/Battle of Ilum timeframe.

NIIIICE

Thank you Charles this is insanely helpful.

From 10 ATC to 27 ATC our characters are gonna start needing addon for wrinkles!

My Bounty Hunter already started older than the rest, now he definitely gunning around that retirement zone!

(Make it happen, I want army of old grandmas and grandpas on fleet patrol)

Fun facts list of original Companion ages from then to now:

(with a ~years error margin (original ages taken from codex) no droids)

Aric Jorgan 30 → 47

Elara Dorne 26 → 43

Tanno Vik 34 → 51 (? MIA)

Yuun 28 → 45

Lord Scourge 300+ → ?? (well at-least he aint immortal no-more)

Fideltin Rusk 40 → 57

Kira Carsen 20 → 37

Archiban Frodrick Kimble "Doc" 28 → 45

Felix Iresso 31 → 48

Nadia Grell 22 → 39

Tharan Cedrax 29 → 46

Zenith 36 → 53 (? MIA)

Qyzen Fess ?? → ??

Vector Hyllus 26 → 43

Kaliyo Djannis 29(?) → 46

Eckard Lokin 65(?) → 82(?) go gramps!

Raina Temple 24 → 41

Pierce 29 → 46

Jaesa Willsaam 21 → 38

Broonmark - ?? → ??

Vette age 21 → 38

Malavai Quinn 37 → 54

Andronikos Revel 35(?) → 52

Ashara Zavros 20 → 37

Talos Drellik 27 → 44

Xivhkalrainik 24 → 41

Akaavi Spar 28 → 45

Bowdaar 197 → 214

Corso Riggs 22 → 39

Risha Drayen 21 → 38

Languss "Guss" Tuno 33 → 50

Blizz ?? → ??

Skadge 37 → 54

Gault Rennow 54 → 71 (Note for history books: Gault still jumping off airships at 70 (without parachutes))

Mako 19 → 36

Torian Cadera 18 → 38

FEEL OLD YET? :tran_eek:

Family planning when Charles? We aint staying fertile forever!

So, based on this, Vik would be 51-ish. Nice

Added Vik as MIA/KIA. Wasn't sure if I should have added him since he left everyone.

Edited by Kiesu

NIIIICE

Thank you Charles this is insanely helpful.

From 10 ATC to 27 ATC our characters are gonna start needing addon for wrinkles!

My Bounty Hunter already started older than the rest, now he definitely gunning around that retirement zone!

(Make it happen, I want army of old grandmas and grandpas on fleet patrol)

!

So, based on this, Vik would be 51-ish. Nice

I personally always applied the information on character ages available from Codex entries and the Encyclopedia as being valid when you first recruit them. So for instance, Doc is 28 when you recruit him in the year Chapter 2 takes place in, not when the game starts.

Going by Charles' depiction, Doc is 28 in 12 ATC when he's recruited and therefore should be 26 by the start of the game in 10 ATC, and would be about 43 now in this supposed 27 ATC.

Edited by BenKatarn

Hey folks!

Apologies for not getting in here sooner. Before we delve into the topic, I think it's important to reiterate what some of y'all have already pointed out - Star Wars is rarely if ever specific about the passage of time. In many cases, stories don't even mention it, and even if they do, it's generally very vague. As a result, it's pretty common for timelines to be assigned retroactively in later reference material, rather than the stories themselves.

All that being said, the passion that roleplayers, fan artists, and writers bring to SWTOR is one of the coolest things about this project, and timelines are super helpful in weaving your own works through the greater narrative. So, while we'll never get super specific on time, we can certainly work out the current in-game year, and at least put things in a relative order and proximity to each other time-wise.

But before we do that! Two up-front caveats:

1. Remembering dates never went well for me in history class. Plus, working on the game so long, I have every different version of everything we ever considered somewhere in my head, so I'm very much capable of error ;)

2. Everywhere I look online, I see "the Battle of Ilum/end of class story chapter 3s from launch" listed as being 12 ATC/3641 BBY. This appears to me to conflict with the official SWTOR Encyclopedia, which places the resumption of war (and thus, the beginning of class chapter 3s) in 13 ATC/ 3640 BBY. I'm going to go with the Encyclopedia date below, but feel free to let me know if there is another source somewhere in-game or elsewhere that specifies the 12 ATC date for Ilum and causes this apparent conflict.

With the above in mind, I would say Onslaught takes place near the end of 26 ATC/3627 BBY. Here's how I get to that number:

• Class stories begin in 10 ATC. Given the Ilum date from the encyclopedia combined with the generally acknowledged "class stories collectively occur over the course of about 3 years", I'm going to say that SWTOR begins near the end of 10 ATC, and that the battle of Ilum occurs near the end of 13 ATC.

• I like to have the in-game years roughly match IRL years, as it makes keeping track much simpler, and is generally (though not always) in keeping with the intent of the content flow as written. So if Ilum is near the end of 13 ATC, that lines up nicely with the launch of SWTOR being near the end of 2011 IRL.

Following these premises, we get the general flow of events and years I've outlined below. Note that I consider this a rough draft for a more official release for the future, so stuff might change or get a bit more detail later. But for now, I’m interested in hearing your thoughts so far and in giving everyone something tentative to work from until that more “official” piece can be hashed out and the correct venue for it identified (In-game somehow? On our website? Picture of me looking crazy in front of a crazy dry-erase board drawing of it all?) In any event, I think a visual representation will certainly be preferable down the road :)

Here we go!

• Battle of Ilum/Conclusion of Class Storylines occurs by the end of 13 ATC/3640 BBY.

• Black Hole, Terror from Beyond, Section X, and everything else released in 2012 IRL occurs in 14 ATC/3639 BBY

• Rise of the Hutt Cartel occurs in early/mid 15 ATC/3638 BBY, and Oricon in the latter half of that year. (2013 IRL)

• Tython/Korriban invasion in early/mid 16 ATC/3637 BBY, and Shadow of Revan near the the end of that year. (2014 IRL)

• Ziost is early/middle 17 ATC/3636 BBY, followed within a few months by the events of Sacrifice and the first chapter of KotFE. (2015 IRL, part one)

• Carbonite nap from middle/end of 17 ATC/3636 BBY until late 22 ATC/3631 BBY. (2015 IRL, part 2)

• The events of KotFE chapter 9 and first wave of Alliance Alerts take us into the beginning of 23 ATC/3630 BBY, followed by the rest of KotFE and KOTET by the middle/end of that year. (2015 IRL part 3, 2016 IRL)

• The battle for Iokath is in the first half of 24 ATC/3629 BBY, while Umbara and Copero occur in the latter half of that year. (2017 IRL)

• The Nathema Conspiracy is wrapped up in early 25 ATC/3628 BBY, with the attack on Ossus occurring near the end of that year and kicking off the renewed war between Republic and Sith Empire.

• Hearts and Minds follows a few months later, in early/mid 26 ATC/3627 BBY, with Onslaught in the latter half of the same year.

• Task at Hand is at the very beginning of 27 ATC/3626 BBY. Although our next story release will be following it by several months IRL, it will be intended to occur within a couple of weeks of Task at Hand; more of a shift than I would normally like, but real life has intervened as we all know :(

Hope this is helpful! And again, let me know if y'all find any specific callouts for years that I'm missing, particularly around that end of class stories/Battle of Ilum timeframe.

Thank you so much for the amazing and very detailed reply! It is hugely appreciated by myself as well as many in the RP community who have taken note of this by now. Many have expressed that it's good to finally know how things stand in regard to the in-universe year, although many - myself included - were somewhat surprised by the revelation we're in 27 ATC already! But surprised in a good way :)

To be honest, I feel that having the class stories end in 13 ATC works much better than what other sites stated. It feels much more natural to have each chapter of the class stories occur across the timespan of one year, roughly. The last time I checked my copy of the SWTOR Encyclopedia, I believe I did notice that the Battle of Ilum was mentioned to take place in 13 ATC, so that sounds solid to me!

Regarding the other dates, all of it seems to make sense to me, but it sparked a question as to what Kira says about being in a coma for more than a year. If Kira and Scourge fall into their coma concurrently with the end of chapter 9 of KotET, does that mean that they don't immediately find the Commander? That it takes them a few years after them waking up thanks to Satele to find our character?

Otherwise, everything is incredibly clear and concisely written down. As I said before, the clarification is huge appreciated by many in the RP communities, even though it means some will have to age their characters a tiny tad :D as for the future: perhaps the in-universe year could be included in the mission descriptions of the main story quests. Or, perhaps it could float in below the story update title when it fades in, like happens during the KotFEET chapters and Jedi Under Siege for example :)

Edited by Ylliarus

If the game starts in 10 ATC, and you acknowledge that the class stories take 3 years to conclude, shouldn't Battle of Ilum / content-at-launch be finished by 12 ATC?

• Prologue / Chapter 1 would be 10 ATC
  • Chapter 2 would be 11 ATC
  • Chapter 3 + Ilum would be 12 ATC

The wording in the encyclopedia is a bit murky, because it states very early on that "For reference, the events of Star Wars: The Old Republic begin in 3,640 BBY". The way I tried to make that statement work with the dates was that everything added post-launch begins in that year. That way, doing the math, I ended up with the story currently being in early 26 ATC.

• 10 ATC: Prologue and Chapter 1
  • 11 ATC: Chapter 2
  • 12 ATC: Chapter 3 and Battle of Ilum
  • 13 ATC: Karagga, Denova, Asation
  • 14 ATC: Makeb, Darvannis, CZ-198, Oricon
  • 15 ATC: Kuat, Tython/Korriban, Manaan, Rakata Prime, Rishi, Yavin 4
  • 16 ATC: Ziost, KOTFE Chapter 1
  • 21 ATC: KOTFE Chapter 3 to 9
  • 22 ATC: KOTFE Chapter 10-16 + KOTET Chapter 1-9 (KOTFE 11 came out in February 2016, KOTET in November 2016)
  • 23 ATC: Iokath, Umbara, Copero
  • 24 ATC: Nathema, Ossus
  • 25 ATC: Onderon, Mek-Sha, Corellia
  • 26 ATC: The Task at Hand

This was my estimation too.

Or is the intention behind the 1.0 content ending in 13 ATC based on the month of the year as well? SWTOR launched in December, so the way I understand your statement it would be:

• Prologue / Chapter 1 begins in late 10 ATC and concludes in late 11 ATC
  • Chapter 2 begins in late 11 ATC and concludes in late 12 ATC
  • Chapter 3 begins in late 12 ATC and concludes in late 13 ATC

Is that about right? That one year is really the only thing that confuses me in terms of the timeline.

I guess another way would be to say that the prologue is in late 10 ATC, and when chapter 1 rolls around we've already jumped into the next year.

Again, thanks a lot for your input.

Said like this it'd actually makes sense for the class stories to end in 13 ATC.

According to a twitter post from Drew Karpyshn, the novel takes place in 3,640 BBY, "right after the events of the class stories".

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of said post.

I have 1 issue here about Theron's age.

In Annihilation, it's said that Satele and Malcom started their actual relationship just after the Battle of Alderaan, which is listed as happening in 3667 BBY / 14 BTC on Wookieepedia. So, unless Wookieepedia is completely off, if Theron was 30 during Annihilation in 3640 BBY, / 13 ATC, he'd be born in 3670 BBY, so 3 years before the Battle of Aderaan :confused:

FEEL OLD YET? :tran_eek:

Family planning when Charles? We aint staying fertile forever!

Yeah would be nice.

I'd take an actual wedding between my JK and Theron first though, before expanding the Shan familly tree.

Edited by Goreshaga

I personally always applied the information on character ages available from Codex entries and the Encyclopedia as being valid when you first recruit them. So for instance, Doc is 28 when you recruit him in the year Chapter 2 takes place in, not when the game starts.

Going by Charles' depiction, Doc is 28 in 12 ATC when he's recruited and therefore should be 26 by the start of the game in 10 ATC, and would be about 43 now in this supposed 27 ATC.

Ah yes I didn't go digging up their birth dates. I'll edit the few years differences when im less lazy.

Though..

If we assume every chapter is a year long, then act 1 is 10-11 ATC, act 2 is 11-12 ATC and act 3 is 12-13 ATC.

12 ATC would already be act 3 by that logic, not 2 :p

Edited by Kiesu

Genuinely, this clarification is so valuable to the RP community. A shock, too (my characters just aged 3 years :p), but now we know 1 year in-game is the same as 1 year out, we'll have a MUCH easier time keeping track going forwards from here. Wookieepedia, too, will enjoy the benefits of official clarification.

So THANK YOU for this. This is seriously so helpful.

Huge agree with this! The clarification will help many RPers and players in general to get a much better hang of the timeline :D finally we won't have to rely on player speculation alone and sites like Wookieepedia or TORCommunity can update their dates with something much more official :)

Edited by Ylliarus

Huge agree with this! The clarification will help many RPers and players in general to get a much better hang of the timeline :D finally we won't have to rely on player speculation alone and sites like Wookieepedia or TORCommunity can update their dates with something much more official :)

looks like twitter works...lol :D

All that being said, the passion that roleplayers, fan artists, and writers bring to SWTOR is one of the coolest things about this project, and timelines are super helpful in weaving your own works through the greater narrative. So, while we'll never get super specific on time, we can certainly work out the current in-game year, and at least put things in a relative order and proximity to each other time-wise.

Uuugh if only I had the strength and experience necessary to write my novelizations/scripts for the headcanons I have for all the class stories and the Alliance, that have been growing and evolving within my mind for years upon years, and actually do it well, I might've been able to get recognized by the SWTOR gods and get to immortalize them in official projects, fulfilling my wildest ambition! But alas, I am still too young, too inexperienced, and too far away from converting the ideas, that have been flying around in my head all these years but never even so much as written down anywhere, into anything tangible and complete enough to be worthy of recognition, before it's too late and all opportunities have passed me by. Even if I could properly get the stories in my head onto paper, someone will have beaten me to the punch by then; I just know it. ._.

Now, a major issue I see here, @CharlesBoyd, is that the Republic playthrough of Onslaught mentions that the First Battle of Corellia was 10 years ago, i.e. 3640 which is what I had been using as the basis for fitting everything else together. From Battle of Ilum, here's how I had seen things going (truncated from Charles's stuff because I'm too lazy to do my massive detail)

I believe Charles Boyd or someone else stated on Twitter not to take Darth Savik's claim too seriously. What she says is heavily biased to make her seem all cunning and brilliant. As such, she is to be treated as an unreliable narrator when she mentions the passage of time in Onslaught.

Not to mention Kira stating that KOTET's final chapter took place a year before Onslaught.

Kira never said that. Kira said they were in a coma for "more than a year" but she never specified how long she and Scourge remained awake after Satele had pulled them out and fallen victim to the plague herself. From what I am gathering, is that they woke up sometime in 24/25 ATC and have been looking for the Commander since. Or trying ways to break the plague or something.

Taken from torcommunity.com:

Their timeline (and Wookiepedia) state that the events taking place on Ilum happen around 3641 BBY || 12 ATC.

Torcommunity based itself on speculation on many things. It's much safer to go with Charles Boyd's estimate as they are much closer to the truth and original intent than what Torcommunity or Wookieepedia posted.

Also, I have looked in the official SWTOR Encyclopedia book and the timeline printed in there explicitly states that after the Cold War, the war between the Republic and Empire begins again in 3640 BBY (meaning 13 ATC), which is during the class stories. That means that Charles Boyd's timeline aligns with the lore as explained in the Encyclopedia.

I don't know if I can post screenshots from the book on the forums, but for all who have the Encyclopedia themselves, you can check it on page 19.

Edited by Ylliarus

Great post about the timelines, I'm absolutely happy I found it just after it was made! (yay for server downtime!)

I think tying stuff to RL years works very well. (And hey, it means my character is about.... what, 36-38 now? Just like me)))

Great post about the timelines, I'm absolutely happy I found it just after it was made! (yay for server downtime!)

I think tying stuff to RL years works very well. (And hey, it means my character is about.... what, 36-38 now? Just like me)))

I agree, the fact that the timeline is tied to the real life release dates makes it a lot easier to keep track of! The next story update will be an exception though, as that one will be meant to take place a few weeks after The Task at Hand, as Charles Boyd said. But otherwise, it's good to know we can assume the IRL time progression is also the in-universe one :)

Thanks. That was an interesting read and interesting on the time line.

It would be beneficial to those that follow the time line and stuff in game.

Now I know I am going to get some slack or something like that for this:

But our guild hasn't really followed the time line or the story for our roleplay but basically because we started our roleplay prior to the game launching but again thank you.

Hmm, doesn't line up with my own predictions but I understand your logic. The only problem I see is the Great Galactic War re-starting on the end of Chapter 3 since I'm pretty sure the game explicit tells you Chapter 3 is full blown warfare already.

• Dev Post

Love the discussion so far! Some quick responses:

• Prologue / Chapter 1 begins in late 10 ATC and concludes in late 11 ATC
  • Chapter 2 begins in late 11 ATC and concludes in late 12 ATC
  • Chapter 3 begins in late 12 ATC and concludes in late 13 ATC

Is that about right? That one year is really the only thing that confuses me in terms of the timeline.

That’s how I’m parsing it, yep! Though I’d want to emphasize that I see that as a general timeline for all of the class stories collectively, and not as a written-in-stone interpretation of each and every one specifically. What I mean by that is some chapters of some class stories definitely wouldn’t have taken exactly 1 year; some perhaps a bit more, others significantly less. Since I didn’t write them all, I’m loathe to go back and assign more specific timing to them unless something comes up that requires that specificity. But if we look at them as a collective group of stories, it seems reasonable to say that they all generally start and end around the same time.

This is about Darth Savik saying she hasn't risked open combat in a decade, right? Charles has said on Twitter once or twice that this was not meant to be taken literally. It's meant to be taken as "in about a decade" .

Right – she says the last time she fought anyone directly was a decade ago, which isn’t the same thing as saying the last time she fought the player was exactly ten years ago ;)

The way I understood it, Kira and Scourge destroyed Vitiate's body at about the same time of KOTET Chapter 9 taking place. After that, they got knocked out for "more than a year". This would still not necessarily have to mean that they immediately went to Odessen after waking up.

Ben’s on a roll! That’s how it’s intended. Kira and Scourge didn’t immediately go to Odessen; and even when they did, they spent some time observing the player character (seen in Hearts and Minds) before making contact in Onslaught.

My copy of Annihilation is stuck in the office, so I don’t have it handy to refer to. But if there is a conflict between that and the encyclopedia with regard to dates, I’d go with the encyclopedia’s version, because:

• They were published very close together, so if there are any conflicts, they were likely just a result of miscommunication or simple typos, not an intentional clarification/revision.
  • The encyclopedia was written specifically to serve as a reference for details like this; Annihilation is written to be an awesome story first and foremost (seriously, read it if you haven’t, it’s great!) with dates serving as extra detail.
  • Drew Karpyshyn is way too nice and talented and successful, and clearly needs to be taken down a peg or two if the opportunity presents itself :p
  • Drew’s tweet about Annihilation following the class stories in 3640 BBY fits with the encyclopedia putting Ilum in that year, so that already lines up.

As one last point of extra clarification with regard to the in-game releases roughly following IRL time – I really do mean roughly. So everything released in the same IRL year is generally meant to have happened in the same in-game year, almost always in the order they were released. But just because one patch was released in April and another was in July, doesn’t mean that the events they depict are exactly 3 months apart. There is plenty of room for interpretation based on what's actually happening in each story :)

everything aligns perfectly with the lore :)

The highest possible praise :) Thanks!

Really enjoying the conversations, please keep your thoughts coming!

Edited by EricMusco

Hmm, doesn't line up with my own predictions but I understand your logic. The only problem I see is the Great Galactic War re-starting on the end of Chapter 3 since I'm pretty sure the game explicit tells you Chapter 3 is full blown warfare already.

The War restarts at the start of Chapter 3 and Chapter 3 occurs from 12 ATC to 13 ATC. So, you have misunderstood what Mr. Boyd wrote, as everything aligns perfectly with the lore :) Even the official SWTOR Encyclopedia explicitly states that the war reignited in 13 ATC.

Now I know I am going to get some slack or something like that for this:

But our guild hasn't really followed the time line or the story for our roleplay but basically because we started our roleplay prior to the game launching but again thank you.

Why would you get slack for this? Every player or guild can RP whatever they want :) if a guild wants to RP during the Great Galactic War prior to the Sacking of Coruscant, why not? The problem is only that those RPers wouldn't be able to interact in their RP with others in the community and in that sense they'd become what RPers call "time bubbled". That's why most of the Darth Malgus RP community RPs in the same year, to be able to do cross-guild RP. That's why getting the current in-universe year was so important to us :)

Edited by Ylliarus

Why would you get slack for this? Every player or guild can RP whatever they want :) if a guild wants to RP during the Great Galactic War prior to the Sacking of Coruscant, why not? The problem is only that those RPers wouldn't be able to interact in their RP with others in the community and in that sense they'd become what RPers call "time bubbled". That's why most of the Darth Malgus RP community RPs in the same year, to be able to do cross-guild RP. That's why getting the current in-universe year was so important to us :)

I was replying to this, but my net went down, bit of a storm at the moment, but what you wrote was way better anyway...lol

Question for the story team as well, at the current point that in-game lore is at, what age would you say the 8 classes are, if you had to guess? My guess is that all of them are in their late 30's by now? The Force users might be younger, however, seeing as how they couldn't be too old when chapter one starts.

Love the discussion so far! Some quick responses:

Really enjoying the conversations, please keep your thoughts coming![/color]

I have really been loving your timeline posts, its a great resource, and makes me want a second, "bigger" edition of an Encyclopedia (But copy and pasting these into a word doc is fine too). Thanks for sharing!

I do have a few questions,

I know you may not speak about the age of the Player characters but, I did have a question about the companion ages:

Are the ages for the companions as stated in the Encyclopedia their ages at the time we meet them in game (For example, is Risha 21 when we meet her in the Prologue?) or their ages around the time of 13 ATC/ 3640 BBY?

and I asked Hall Hood (I believe) this many years ago just after HK-51 was added to the game, but I figured I'd ask you, since things can change over the years:

What is the relation between our HK-51 and the HK-50s and HK-51s from Knights of the Old Republic II, and where does HK-55 fit into that line? Is he a repurposed and modified HK-51 built specifically for Lana, or is he a one of a kind creation by the Empire after we recovered HK-51 from Section X?

The War restarts at the start of Chapter 3 and Chapter 3 occurs from 12 ATC to 13 ATC. So, you have misunderstood what Mr. Boyd wrote, as everything aligns perfectly with the lore :) Even the official SWTOR Encyclopedia explicitly states that the war reignited in 13 ATC.

Thanks but you would be surprised at the slack we have received because of it. In the beginning, people told us we were doing it wrong even when we explained that we didn't expect everyone to rp like this and that everyone has their own style. We were not even using the planets in game when we started our roleplaying. Ours was started as a forum roleplay at first because at the time we were waiting for the game to be released and we just sort of game together and interesting that is how our guild was eventually formed which in my opinion was great. Had some great roleplaying with them even though eventually we lost one of the ladies we roleplay with because of a brain aneurysm.

Edited by casirabit

What I mean by that is some chapters of some class stories definitely wouldn’t have taken exactly 1 year; some perhaps a bit more, others significantly less. Since I didn’t write them all, I’m loathe to go back and assign more specific timing to them unless something comes up that requires that specificity. But if we look at them as a collective group of stories, it seems reasonable to say that they all generally start and end around the same time.

That is what I was gathering. We have some overlap between stories and we can roughly at least build a timeline of the order class stories end in, but that's about it. In case of the Knight for instance, we know that an unknown amount of time passed between getting captured at the end of chapter 2 and then being liberated at the start of chapter 3, with the war already being in full swing by that time, whereas multiple classes make a big deal out of stating that the Treaty of Coruscant is no longer in effect, though the reason for the resumption of hostilities and who declared war on whom first varies. You wrote the Republic Trooper story, and in that story it's displayed that the Empire declared war on the Republic as a direct result of Havoc Squad destroying the Gauntlet. By contrast, the Imperial Agent story by Alexander Freed declares war on the Empire following the massacre at the Iden Four colony. The Warrior story also paints a different picture, etc.

Right – she says the last time she fought anyone directly was a decade ago, which isn’t the same thing as saying the last time she fought the player was exactly ten years ago ;)

You know, I would still like to know why you decided to "uplift" a character such as Savik, who had exactly one appearance and didn't even speak back then. I mean, sure, it's kind of amusing that this more or less "no name" Sith Lord that we just walked all over during the Republic Corellia storyline is now a member of the Dark Council, but part of me would have liked someone with a bit more repour with the players. For instance, I would absolutely *love* for Darth Nurin of the Kaon/Lost Island storyline to come back.

Ben’s on a roll! That’s how it’s intended. Kira and Scourge didn’t immediately go to Odessen; and even when they did, they spent some time observing the player character (seen in Hearts and Minds) before making contact in Onslaught.

Nice to be appreciated ;)

Regarding the role of Kira and Scourge in ending Vitiate, did they know about the Alliance at that point? Particularly if the Commander is the Jedi Knight? Or were they just solely focussed on bringing an end to the Emperor and were not as accutely aware of galactic circumstances at that point? That could serve as an additional explanation for not immediately heading for the Alliance after waking up from their coma, especially if the Commander is the person they previously fought alongside with.

My copy of Annihilation is stuck in the office, so I don’t have it handy to refer to.

We can make it relatively simple: is Annihilation / Battle of Duro supposed to be set the same year as Ilum, or the year after? To my recollection the events of Annihilation are not featured in the Encyclopedia whatsoever. No reference to the battle, the Ascendent Spear (outside of maybe a reference to the Sun Razer in relation to the Silencer and the Gauntlet) or Darth Karrid.

As one last point of extra clarification with regard to the in-game releases roughly following IRL time – I really do mean roughly. So everything released in the same IRL year is generally meant to have happened in the same in-game year, almost always in the order they were released. But just because one patch was released in April and another was in July, doesn’t mean that the events they depict are exactly 3 months apart. There is plenty of room for interpretation based on what's actually happening in each story :)

Good you bring that up again, because this prompts another question from me regarding the timeline you posted earlier. While I am clear on the fact that some stories of KOTFE make no sense being months apart (for instance, I doubt Jorgan/Kaliyo spent a month on that GEMINI mission between KOTFE 12 and 13, neither did it take one month for that one Eternal Fleet ship to come in position to raid it between KOTFE 14 and 15, nor did it take Arcann another month to retaliate in KOTFE 16), I'm a bit concerned over your depiction of the formation of the Alliance.

Your timeline establishes that the Outlander is freed from carbonite in late 22 ATC and that the Alliance gets established in early 23 ATC. Personally, I was always under the assumption that the first wave of KOTFE chapters took place over a couple days to weeks at best. Outlander, The Gravestone and From the Grave probably take place over the course of the same day or two, though an unknown amount of time could be spent during both stays at Asylum. Building the Alliance Base on Odessen probably must have taken a couple months, so another passage of time. I seem to recall a statement from you during the livestream for Anarchy in Paradise that it's been a couple of months since the last chapter.

My main problem with all this is that it would mean that the Alliance takes down the Eternal Empire in the same year that it was established, which just rubs me the wrong way. The way I had seen it, the Alliance is established the same year that the Outlander is freed (November 2015 IRL) and then spends a couple months recruiting members, establishing supplylines and overall just getting up and running, before beginning their revolt against the Eternal Empire proper the next year (Anarchy in Paradise, February 2016 IRL). I know, it only adds a little more, but it just feels a bit weird to think they accomplished all this within just the span of a single year. Or am I just talking semantics at this point?

I think the source of my troubles here is this: is there an IRL month that corresponds to the change in a year in the game? Everything else you established can fit snuggly in the IRL = game time argument, except this bit, so I'm trying to locate this "sweet spot".

Again, thank you very much for participating in this thread.