Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

Craydingus's Avatar


Craydingus
05.05.2021 , 02:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
So what? Backfills suck sometimes, but man up and just finish the match. Lots of times I've backfilled and we actually ended up winning.



I've been playing since launch and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been disconnected. If you have frequent DC issues then you need to talk with your ISP and fix your internet.



So what? It happens sometimes, aint that big of a deal.


Hypergate.....and that's about it, but I like pvp so the map rotations don't bother me and getting repeated maps are nowhere near as common as you like to exaggerate it to be.



I never see anyone in game complain about the deserter debuff. I only ever see it here on the forums.....where about 10 people consistently post. Not exactly a high metric to look at. If it was actually a problem, BW would have removed it.
This entire post seems to ignore the premise that games are supposed to be fun. JS.

Alericus's Avatar


Alericus
05.05.2021 , 05:45 PM | #22
yes let players select their type of match, 8 v 8 or 4v4. In fact Im done with watching the pugs stomp teams and teams stop pugs. If we really want players to learn pvp, give them some damn hope. The team matches need to be versus other teams nothing else. as for reducing the ranks all that will happen is players wont start pvping until they are 75, achieves nothing.

remove mat rewards from pvp, remove conquest rewards from pvp. regs dont necessarily need pvp gear but damn min requirements at lvl 75 should be at least the level of gear you get on the final planets, no brainer to me.

way too many afk and win trading going on now, its why so many leave matches they are pointless.

What's really going on is players liked their participation medals they used to get, **** little work and voila they still get to complete daily/weekly. So now they just switch who loses day in and day out. Change it its pvp..at least 1 kill when your team wins to get the win count towards your daily/weekly. How Fn hard is that to code? You can easily make the rewards crystals and other pvp gear, bind it make it user only I dont care but stop rewarding pve in pvp its what started this mess in the first place.

pvp and pve do not mix..and if you really cant or wont stop trying to force this, you need to make a decision what this game is.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
05.05.2021 , 05:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Craydingus View Post
This entire post seems to ignore the premise that games are supposed to be fun. JS.
Fun to most of you is "I want to quit matches till I find one where I can be carried."

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
05.05.2021 , 09:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Fun to most of you is "I want to quit matches till I find one where I can be carried."
*cough*

Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
nowhere near as common as you like to exaggerate it to be.

Ibokagain's Avatar


Ibokagain
05.09.2021 , 02:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Fun to most of you is "I want to quit matches till I find one where I can be carried."
Spoken by someone who is always in a Premade group!

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
05.09.2021 , 05:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ibokagain View Post
Spoken by someone who is always in a Premade group!
I solo queue. I don't play enough to be in a guild and to run premades.

Exly's Avatar


Exly
05.10.2021 , 08:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by abhaxus View Post
There has never been something that so consistently is hated by your community. This needs to be removed immediately. I am not sure why you think it is a good idea to punish players because of your own design choices and bugs.
Maybe too many people were queueing for warzones and they wanted to get some of them to stop.

HaoZhao's Avatar


HaoZhao
05.10.2021 , 09:11 AM | #28
This topic gets made every week by the same disingenuous people who pretend they don't already know the answer to this question. The deserter lockout exists to punish crybabies who leave matches as soon as anything goes wrong. These crybabies usually need 40 games to finish a 10 game weekly and they always blame everyone but themselves. It's everyone else who is bad at PVP and not them. These are the same people who comically whine every week for the ability to remove specific maps from the queues, again with the comically self-humiliating argument that it's everyone else who is bad at those maps and not them.

Make this topic again, tomorrow, and the answer will still be the same. You can't gaslight BioWare and you should all stop trying.

_Miriya_'s Avatar


_Miriya_
05.10.2021 , 09:31 AM | #29
Hello, stranger here up ^
Not to brag, but to clarify your argument is quite invalid: I win most of my matches, we focus heavy on winning since that's how we have fun. Still, lockout is nothing but a problem. If we have a disconnect in the group we have to decide to wait 15 minutes or what.

If you have a rollbug in the match, the same.

Quite the contrary, if you are good at winning, then why complain a random who left the match? Is really not going to affect you that someone who doesn't want to be in the match leaves. Is going to affect you if he stays AFK and you don't get a better refill.

In ranked is another story-

Remove the lockout please.

Retro_Chrome's Avatar


Retro_Chrome
05.10.2021 , 09:40 AM | #30
the actual solution is to just remove arenas and re-implement ranked 8v8s. the deserter lock out is fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.