PvP Game mode filter

Vanaad

Please can we get a filter for game modes in PvP? Don't get me wrong, I think SWTOR PvP is the worst designed PvP in any game I have ever played. I'd genuinely take turn-based combat over the absolute travesty that is PvP in SWTOR.

The only game mode I can really deal with at all are the ones with stages, where you have attackers and defenders, and Huttball, and that's mostly because they're just a bit goofy and no one is taking it tragically seriously. But sadly I can't filter out the try-hard game modes.

Please can we get a search filter, like with Flashpoints and Operations? I guess it would be like this:

• 4v4
  • Huttball
  • Stages / phases map
  • KOTH

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought the same before but it just wouldn't work. As someone who loves Hutball (Shadow Tank) I would never get the chance to play it as no one would have the box checked if this was filtered.

I would be in favor of removing 4v4s from regs though.

when people talk like this ,take it that you must back peddle and is getting owned in PVP.. mouse movement is better over using a,s,w,d, for me anyways cause my hands are very big them keyboard buttons , sometimes smash 2 at once..

if you is a back peddler just learn to move with the mouse and key bind your skills.. PVP will be easier, guess you back peddling and enemy is either running around you in a circle attacking if melee.. or range dps is strafing while attacking you.. while you trying to back peddle and mouse click your skills.. anybody will find the PVP system to suck..

lastly if it isn't none of those reason.. then don't play the game..they have alot of mmo's that use a,s,w,d movement.. which i find is for people that ride the short bus..

Why do you instantly assume they back peddle and why does that matter when 90% of the players do and that’s what the game is designed around.

And what’s with the insults and attacks by you and another poster towards someone who is only asking for QOL improvements that many players would like and have asked for since pvp was added to multiple formats.

Then you finish this post with a reference to short busses, which all know means handicapped.

ChrisS says he wants to promote a safe gaming environment, but where is the moderation for posts like this attacking the OP. And this is actual tame compared to what’s going on in the game or in the discord community. :rolleyes:

Good luck ChrisS making this game safe and fuzzy when these sorts of posters are your defenders.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Why do you instantly assume they back peddle and why does that matter when 90% of the players do and that’s what the game is designed around.

Back peddling is legitimately slower and only beginners and players who refuse to get better back peddle, so its safe to assume OP does so given his complaints.

Back peddling is legitimately slower and only beginners and players who refuse to get better back peddle, so its safe to assume OP does so given his complaints.

Truth^^^

Which is ok as long as people can take advice and learn, unfortunately most people refuse to. They get attitudes when you give them advice, call you names, act like a spoiled child etc etc...they lash out at you. Those are the people on the short bus. Those are the people that deserve to get wrecked in regs because they refuse to take advice and learn. We have all encountered them, we all know who they are.

• 3 months later...

Just got back into the game for the pvp :D and I've been thinking this as well for the unranked warzones. Coming from some more competitive games that have this feature for ranked/unranked it just makes sense if your goal is to increase the quality of the matches because you'll have players that: a) want to play that map and b) know how to play the map

Sure you might have longer queue times for certain modes (I for one love huttball) but in the end you'll play more games that aren't steamrolls and you'll end up enjoying more of your time.

In my opinion if they implement unranked pvp filters queue times will actually be the same or better because the longer queue time for a specific warzone will be balanced out by more people coming to pvp because they can play what they want and will stick around longer rather than quitting after a stomp on map they had no interest in.

Also certain warzone queue times won't necessarily go up, because players that queue for specific warzones would fill spots for that players that don't filter who would then go fill another specific warzone and so on etc.

tl;dr gib pvp filters pls, is good for game

Edited by TsoSithLord