Top 10 Jedi & Sith

MarcheseAMM

Just to see what I am dealing with here being with you guys for a while (*takes off shoes and makes himself at home*), where do you guys rank the Jedi and Sith in terms of overall power (lightsaber skill and Force prowess). Make two separate lists of the Top 10 for each faction, one for Jedi, and another for the Sith. Example:

-Top 10 Jedi-

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Master Yoda

3. Jacen Solo

4. Revan Reborn

5. Anakin Skywalker

[etc, etc, etc]

Edited by MarcheseAMM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith:

1. Sidious

2. Caedus

3. Plageuis

4. Kun

5. Vitiate

6. Vader

7. Traya

8. Nihilus

9. Bane

10. Nox

I'd but Vitiate higher but he sucks with a Blade, and nihilus has no feats with one either.

Jedi:

1. Luke skywalker

2. Yoda

3. Revan

4. Mace

5. Jaina

6. Surik

7. Kyp Durron

8. Shaak Ti

9. HOT

10. Barsen'thor.

I didn't put Anakin in Jedi because I think Vader is his prime, but I'd put him at 7.

Also I put this down in like 2 minutes, don't judge.

Edited by Selenial

Sith:

1. Sidious

2. Caedus

3. Plageuis

4. Kun

5. Vitiate

6. Vader

7. Traya

8. Nihilus

9. Bane

10. Nox

I'd but Vitiate higher but he sucks with a Blade, and nihilus has no feats with one either.

I am surprised you put Nihilus and Vitiate so low yet Kun so high. I do like the Nox wαnk though.

Jedi:

1. Luke skywalker

2. Yoda

3. Revan

4. Mace

5. Jaina

6. Surik

7. Kyp Durron

8. Shaak Ti

9. HOT

10. Barsen'thor.

I am completely and utterly ignoring number 8 xD. Revan and Surik wαnk is always welcomed, though I feel the Hero of Tython is pretty left out here. Decent lists, though overall better then I feared.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Jedi:

1. Luke Skywalker-

He's Luke Skywalker. 'Nuff said, right?

2. Yoda-

Pretty much the same reason for Luke.

3. Revan-

I feel that Revan's performance against the Sith Emperor and his march through the Star Forge (even though he had help) are what make him more impressive than most Jedi. Normally I wouldn't call Revan a Jedi because of his philosophy, but whatever.

4. Mace Windu-

He's not the most powerful Force user in the Order, but the fact that his skills put him in the same league as Yoda, Sidious, and Dooku is enough to put him above most Jedi in my book. Plus, he's got some pretty baller Force feats.

5. Kyp Durron-

My recollection of the NJO and other post-ROTJ content isn't the best, but Kyp always stood out to me, and he does have some very impressive Force abilities and has been commented as very powerful. Yeah, not really a good reason, but I'm going with my gut here.

6. Jaina Solo-

Same as Kyp Durron, basically.

7. Meetra Surik-

She single-handedly took down the Trayus Academy, bested Sion multiple times, and then defeated Darth Traya, all while on a powerful nexus of Dark Side energy. I don't see many Jedi doing that.

8. Satele Shan-

The lines start to get blurred the further down you go, so I'm just spitting out names at this point. That being said, she's obviously a telekinetic master, she can use tutaminis against lightsabers, fight Malgus pretty well, and assorted other feats.

9. Obi-Wan Kenobi-

Before you say anything, I get it. I know, his defenses kind of suck. He isn't the best Force user, but it's late and I'm running on fumes, cut me some slack. Anyway, I feel he's more powerful than he is given credit for. He may not be as powerful as Dooku or Anakin, but that isn't a bad thing. In his time, I would mark few Jedi to be above him, and I have detailed why in the past.

10. Shaak Ti-

No, it's not Plo Koon. Shaak Ti's the better duelist and more powerful. I feel her demonstrations on Coruscant and Felucia are quite noteworthy.

OK, so some might ask where the SWTOR Jedi classes are. Well, I would include them, but their skills and abilities are a bit bogged down by game mechanics and the like. If I did consider them, then the last three would be changed as I would put the HOT and Barsenthor above Satele, Kenobi, and Ti. But I decided not to consider game characters.

Don't judge me.

Sith:

1. Darth Sidious-

He is the best.

2. Darth Caedus-

I put Caedus at #2 for several reasons. His skill with the blade, mastery of the Force, and esoteric knowledge are above most Sith.

3. Darth Plagueis-

He isn't the best lightsaber duelist, but his mastery of the Force is unquestionable. The fact that he was able to manipulate midichlorians to do what he was able to do (revive and kill people, rejuvenate himself, remove Force-resistances) is very impressive. And that isn't including everything else he can do. It pays to be a nerd, right?

4. Sith Emperor-

I would normally put Exar Kun here because of Vitiate's lack of lightsaber skill, but I think Vitiate is quite a bit ahead of Exar Kun with the Force. He probably could be placed above Plagueis, but I think Plagueis is marginally superior to Vitiate overall. Debatable, of course.

5. Exar Kun-

Exar Kun's legendary mastery of the Dark Side and with the blade reach down thousands of years past his lifetime. I've always been torn between Exar Kun and Vader as far as which is better, but I feel that Exar Kun is superior. But not by much.

6. Darth Vader-

Vader's skill with the blade is quite immense and his mastery of the Force is nothing short of awesome. His telekinetic abilities are, in my opinion, among the best out there. Logically, they should be. He can't do much else.

7. Darth Malgus-

I don't have a high opinion of Malgus' lightsaber skill, but you can't argue with his effectiveness. He's not the fastest or smartest fighter, but he is an example of what a focus on strength can do. He breaks people with his sheer strength, physical and with the Force. And his mastery of Force lightning is above most Sith. Not many can use the Forc Maelstrom.

8. Darth Bane-

This was a split between Bane and Traya, as was #7. On the one hand, Bane is a superior lightsaber duelist, and his Force abilities are more destructive. But I feel Traya has a demonstrated edge in mastery of esoteric Force abilities. However, Bane is overall superior because of his destructive Force abilities and superior lightsaber skills.

9. Darth Traya-

For the reasons said above. Her esoteric mastery is great. Not that she's lacking in more basic applications of the Force. And not many can see the future with her level of clarity.

10. Count Dooku-

His lightsaber skill and mastery of the Force are certainly superior to the majority of his contemporaries. He's one of the few individuals who can take on Yoda and Windu in lightsaber combat, and very few in his time could match his Force mastery.

OK, those are my lists. The Sith list is basically the same as the Jedi list in that I didn't include character classes. I'm not sure how I would include the Wrath and Nox, of even if I would.

But like I said above, it's late and all of this is off the top of my head.

If not considering Game Characters, since its hard to place them

Jedi:

1. Luke

2. Yoda

3. Jaina Solo

4. Mace Windu

5. Revan

6. Kyp Durron

7. Meetra

8. Obi-wan

9. Nomi Sunrider.

10. Kyle Katarn.

SIth I will do Later, need to think long and hard on that list.

Edited by tunewalker

My top jedi would be the following:

1. Obi Wan Kenobi

I like him, I can't place facts or anything right now, but he just seems to be a top notch jedi. Plus he defeated anakin who is a pretty strong force user so im going to place that as one of my facts right now lol. He also seems to come off as the classic good guy to me.

2.Revan

I think his story beginning with the mandalorian wars and ending with pursuing the sith empire (for me) gives him a pretty decent credibility to be second place if not first if I didn't like obi wan so much.

3. yoda

he's yoda that should be reason enough.

Top sith:

1.sidious

He is just the classic evil guy in star wars to me.

2. Vader

3.vitiate

Edited by Cordarn

Jedi:

1. Luke

2. Yoda

3. Mace Windu

4. Jaina

5. Revan

6. Corran Horn

7. Satele Shan

8. Nomi Sunrider

9. Kyp Durron

10. Obi-wan

Sith:

1. Sidious

2. Caedus

3. Vitiate

4. Exar Kun

5. Vader

6. Krayt

7. Bane

8. Dooku

9. Traya

10. Malgus

Does not factor entities, Oneness, or temporary boosts to their power (Hence no Nihilus) and also ignores SWTOR as these character's are not definitively-depicted yet and it is difficult to place them. Below 5 it starts to get a bit cloudy but this is how I'd rank them.

Sith:

1. Sidious

2. Caedus

3. Plageuis

4. Kun

5. Vitiate

6. Vader

7. Traya

8. Nihilus

9. Bane

10. Nox

Jedi:

1. Luke skywalker

2. Yoda

3. Revan

4. Mace

5. Jaina

6. Surik

7. Kyp Durron

8. Shaak Ti

9. HOT

10. Barsen'thor.

I didn't put Anakin in Jedi because I think Vader is his prime, but I'd put him at 7.

Also I put this down in like 2 minutes, don't judge.

I'd argue Hero of Tython should be considerably higher on that list. let's not beat around the Bush. Revan FAILED to take down the Sith Emperor, and was unable to completely break the Sith Emperor's control of him.

The Hero of Tython suceeded at this. The ONLY time their compareable deeds go head to head, the HOT comes ahead.

My top jedi would be the following:

1. Obi Wan Kenobi

I like him, I can't place facts or anything right now, but he just seems to be a top notch jedi. Plus he defeated anakin who is a pretty strong force user so im going to place that as one of my facts right now lol. He also seems to come off as the classic good guy to me.

2.Revan

I think his story beginning with the mandalorian wars and ending with pursuing the sith empire (for me) gives him a pretty decent credibility to be second place if not first if I didn't like obi wan so much.

3. yoda

he's yoda that should be reason enough.

Top sith:

1.sidious

He is just the classic evil guy in star wars to me.

2. Vader

3.vitiate

Seems legit.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Anyway, in case you guys care about my list remotely, here is my Jedi one.

I don't have a Sith one at the minute, there are too many Sith too close to one another.

1. Luke Skywalker: Defeated Darth Sidious in a duel; Unparalleled feats in the Force.

2. Yoda: Stalemated Darth Sidious; Unparalleled hype and speed for Jedi.

3. Jacen Solo: Nearly beat Luke Skywalker in a duel; Blocked Turbolasers.

4. Revan Reborn: Unparalleled slaughter feat on Star Forge; fight against Vitiate.

5. Anakin Skywalker: Has so many feats and hype he is required to be in top 5.

6. Hero of Tython: Defeated Vitiate's Voice on the nexus of Dromund Kaas.

7. Mace Windu: Highly impressive combat, hype, skill, and speed feats.

8. Jaina Solo: Highly impressive combat, hype, skill, and speed feats.

9. Ulic-Qel Droma: Near-equal to Exar Kun in skill; very impressive hype .

10. Cade Skywalker: Slaughtered dozens of Sith in every comic of Legacy.

NM. The Jedi Exile, Satele Shan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Galen Marek.

NOTE: I did not include Kyp Durron on purpose. I don't know enough about him for judgment.

EDIT: Fixed some of my list around. Switched Cade and Ulic and put reason for no Kyp.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

I don't have a Sith one at the minute, there are too many Sith too close to one another.

1. Luke Skywalker: Defeated Darth Sidious in a duel; Unparalleled feats in the Force.

4. Revan Reborn: Unparalleled slaughter feat on Star Forge; fight against Vitiate.

NOTE: I did not include Kyp Durron on purpose. I don't know enough about him for judgment.

If your going to count Marek as a Jedi, then he should be on the list.

He failed to beat Shaak Ti. Granted, Starkiller from TFU2 definitely should be on the list (not including him).
He killed Shaak Ti, while amped by a Force nexus no less.

More importantly he defeated Vader and challenged Sidious in a far more impressive display of tutanimis than Revan.

I could look for the quote, but I think the TFU novel states that Galen Marek was growing in power practically constantly. So the Shaak Ti fight isn't exactly a strong indication of his power.
This also. Edited by Beniboybling

EDIT: Fixed some of my list around. Switched Cade and Ulic and put reason for no Kyp.

Really Caedus and Anakin should be Sith list.

Ulic was lol worthy.

Cade is an interesting choice but your reasons don't put him above Surik, Marek or Satele.

He killed Shaak Ti, while amped by a Force nexus no less.

More importantly he defeated Vader and challenged Sidious in a far more impressive display of tutanimis than Revan.

He killed her with a lucky blow out of chance. He knew majority of Vader's moves and this is Pre-ANH Vader. It has been stated then ESB Vader>ANH Vader, so not a prime showcase of Vader's mastery. And he didn't "challenge" Sidious. He was in extreme agony in a final stand and had no chance against the Dark Lord, just needed to by time for Juno and Kota to escape. Final sacrifices like these are expected to showcase a more powerful incarnation of a character then normal since they are really releasing everything they got.

Ulic was lol worthy.

Cade is an interesting choice but your reasons don't put him above Surik, Marek or Satele.

Hm, I agree Galen should be on the list. I caught that he wasn't too late. That being said, Surik's performance against Nyriss makes it impossible for me to include her, and Satele was only capable of stalemating Darth Mekhis, and only lasted 15 seconds against Malgus in direct combat. That being said, Ulic needs more respect. Here is a handful:

"Ulic Qel-Droma was a great Jedi warrior and Master of those days, pure of heart and purpose, without corruption of any kind. Some said he was arrogant, but those who knew him best said he merely possessed unbounded confidence, being very strong in the Ways of the Force."

“During the years of he had transformed completely, into a warrior magus with dark powers far beyond those demonstrated by any other member of the Krath!”

“While Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma battled, spirits of ancient Sith Lord observed the contest. The Sith spirits saw that the battle would ultimately end with both men dead.”

“The spirit of Freedon Nadd appeared before Ulic and proclaimed he would one day become one of the most powerful SIth Lords in history.... Although Ulic Qel-Droma eventually becomes one of the most powerful Sith Lords of his time, his reign was brief.”

He killed her with a lucky blow out of chance. He knew majority of Vader's moves and this is Pre-ANH Vader. It has been stated then ESB Vader>ANH Vader, so not a prime showcase of Vader's mastery. And he didn't "challenge" Sidious. He was in extreme agony in a final stand and had no chance against the Dark Lord, just needed to by time for Juno and Kota to escape. Final sacrifices like these are expected to showcase a more powerful incarnation of a character then normal since they are really releasing everything they got.
He killed her. That speaks for something, it says that he was capable of duelling Shaak Ti on equal terms to the point that she became desperate, of reacting fast enough to intercept her, and capable of killing her with his Force lightning.

And, as I said, Shaak Ti's powers were enhanced by Felucia, and Marek had yet to even reach the peak of his abilities. So if your trying to argue that Shaak Ti is somehow more powerful than Marek then you have no ground to stand on.

Far more accurate a means of gauging his capabilities are his confrontations with Vader and Sidious, in which there were no external influences, and Marek was at the pinnacle of his powers. And they demonstrate his superiority.

That and his general capabilities throughout.

He managed to intercept the lightning of Darth Sidious, and close the gap between them. When Revan was assaulted by lesser lightning (waits to be told the Sith Emperor is lawls more powerful) all he could do was keel over a die.

P.S. He only unleashed all he had i.e. experienced a moment of Oneness, after he closed the gap. Noting that this was also Revan's final stand, and he too was giving it his all not just to save his friends but the entire galaxy.

Exactly, she became desperate, winning ceased to become an option, and so she resorted to literally suicidal tactics.

Nope.

Marek was getting stomped, badly. Ti didn't kill herself because she couldn't win, she thought that if she did, Vader and Marek wouldn't bother looking for Marris Brood, and she could live safely amongst the Felucians.