Commander's Compendium and Alturr zok Adon

Screaming_Ziva

I was able to use a Commander's Compendium to raise Alturr's influence to 50. Since none of the other companion gifts give him influence (and you can only raise his influence through seasonal gifts), I am wondering if this is intended or not.

Unless I misunderstood, I think it is. I think the announcement mentioned specific tiers for the companion through Reward track. I understood it as the companion has specific gifts that are only/available for it.

Edited by absolutetristan

From the Article (emphasis mine):

The Stranger From Kubindi

While there are a lot of cool rewards available for players, let’s take a quick look at the new Kubaz Companion: Altuur zok Adon. All players will be able to unlock Altuur as a full time Companion Character, but Subscribers will end the Season with a more unique version of him.

• Altuur at Rank 50 Influence. Subscribers will have the opportunity to walk away from Season 1 with a new, fully influenced companion character.
  • A high quality Weapon for Altuur. Subscribers will have the opportunity to earn a Weapon specific to Altuur.
  • A high quality Armor Set for Altuur. Subscribers will have the opportunity to earn an Armor Set specific to Altuur.
  • A Companion Customization for Altuur. Subscribers will have the opportunity to earn a Customization option for Altuur.

As I understood the announcement the Gifts are only available for subscribers while the companion is available for everyone. Since he would be useless for Preferred Players if they could not increase his influence and Commanders Compendium for preffered is, realistically, only available from the Cartel Market it seems logical that it can be used on him.

Edited by hof_th

Used Catch Up and got the gifts for Altuur. Raised him to level 32 through GS lvl 54 gifts. Catch up to lvl 54 cost about 705million. I think my progress on GS was around 432/800. Feels like 54 weeks of POs? Edited by Saeten

BTW I think I noticed a bug: when I gift him the gifts from the rewards, it takes 3 seconds - even though I bought the reduction to 1.2 seconds on this char ages ago...

That is intended. The gift specifically states: "This gift does not benefit from the Legacy of Promptness Character Perk or progress the Companion: Benefactor Conquest Objective."

That is intended. The gift specifically states: "This gift does not benefit from the Legacy of Promptness Character Perk or progress the Companion: Benefactor Conquest Objective."

Ah thanks! should read the fine print more often! :D

though why it doesn't (and shouldn't) benefit from the perk remains a mystery

Ah thanks! should read the fine print more often! :D

though why it doesn't (and shouldn't) benefit from the perk remains a mystery

It's because they are new items, and they'd require adding the gifts to the list of items that the perks affects, and that he only accepts those gifts, and there isn't anyone free to do the coding for such a minor character. Really don't blame them for not introducing additional complication here. It's so few times you'll be clicking on his gifts that it's no real big deal.

That being said, what they're going to do about alts needing gifts for him is a bit of a bugger, heh.

It's because they are new items, and they'd require adding the gifts to the list of items that the perks affects, and that he only accepts those gifts, and there isn't anyone free to do the coding for such a minor character. Really don't blame them for not introducing additional complication here. It's so few times you'll be clicking on his gifts that it's no real big deal.

That being said, what they're going to do about alts needing gifts for him is a bit of a bugger, heh.

I don't mind and I don't blame them, just wondered is all

I won't be using him often anyway (his voice with those squeeky noises he makes way too often killed any desire I had to use him :shrug: he is just one of way too many useless companions)

They didn't need to add new items, the new comp could have easily used existing gifts (including the most recently useless addition of white quality gifts in the daily rewards system).

The only reason they added special new gifts for this companion was to have something they could call a reward to stick in some of the empty levels and tie to a subscription.

So yeah, I blame them for cluttering up and making the game more confusing by adding new special one companion-only gifts that also do not benefit from any of the existing influence boosting game systems.

If they wanted this system to be a factor in my decision to subscribe or not, adding another useless companion as one of the main 'rewards' was a failure.

Oh and I'd believe they want at least the CC version of compendiums to work as that is potentially more revenue.

Edited by DawnAskham