Welcome Window PTS Feedback

DanielSteed

A couple of quick points of feedback.

1. The Cartel Market feature seems to be 'outside' of the window itself. There's not really a border around the bottom of it, which looks... odd, to say the least.

2. I don't like the new social bar, especially for the fact that it no longer says the planet name. The magnifying glass icon + the number of players in the instance just feels odd and awkward. The bar no longer matches the original 'style' of the game's UI; it's no longer fully customizable; and it's less easy to read at a glance than it was before.

3. It would probably be better if "Critical Path" and "Conquest" priorities were labeled. I understand purple = story, but it wasn't super clear to me at a glance what either of the two missions actually meant.

4. Every time I left the galaxy map, the window would reopen.

Generally, I'm not sure if this feature is very needed. It feels kind of odd and out of place, and I very much preferred the original implementation of the social bar.

Edited by jedimasterjac

As much as I would love to give you additional feed back:

I have one simple, honest question. ( And I'm not trying in any way to be a smart mouth to anyone).

Would the team be genuinely interested in what we are saying?

The last two or three times our pleas fell on deaf ears.

I do believe that the team is trying to do their best.

I do love what we've experienced in the game the last few days especially.

I can tell you that the current UI is really nice and fairly easy to work with. Please don't mess it up !

Aside from that … I'll consider loading up for another shot at this and see what shakes out!

STOP adding new UI elements that can't be turned off. First fix the existing ones and add proper customisation.

Your priority should be the conquest popup, it needs an option to turn it off, or at least show up only the first time an objective is completed. Add a button to close the popup and never ever make it appear in combat.

At the same prominent place on our screens are the "Planet controlled by Guild" and Stronghold-Name banners. Useless information for most of us, that doesn't have a button to close it and still doesn't fade out properly most of the time after almost 6 years.

Edited by Mubrak

A couple of quick points of feedback.

1. The Cartel Market feature seems to be 'outside' of the window itself. There's not really a border around the bottom of it, which looks... odd, to say the least.

2. I don't like the new social bar, especially for the fact that it no longer says the planet name. The magnifying glass icon + the number of players in the instance just feels odd and awkward. The bar no longer matches the original 'style' of the game's UI; it's no longer fully customizable; and it's less easy to read at a glance than it was before.

3. It would probably be better if "Critical Path" and "Conquest" priorities were labeled. I understand purple = story, but it wasn't super clear to me at a glance what either of the two missions actually meant.

4. Every time I left the galaxy map, the window would reopen.

Generally, I'm not sure if this feature is very needed. It feels kind of odd and out of place, and I very much preferred the original implementation of the social bar.

IMO: it is evident that the team is attempting to add something new.

** What is the primary reason behind the addition

** Are the benefits genuine enough to warrant the changes. (Particularly since the team really is making an effort to improve the game)

** Will the changes affect the current customizable format that most of us obviously enjoy a great deal. The current UI is REALLY nice... PLEASE don't mess it up !

** Can we customize the new additions: placement and orientation to the relevance of necessity for me / size

These are some basic questions for me at this point. I'm quite certain that there are some more that are better.

Again: I'm not trying to get on any ones case about this. I like the game.

But please: work with us on this !!

OK … I just did the PTS for the new "Welcome Window" ?

I'm guessing that this is the new drop down menu? Had 3 new sections to it?

IMO: it is evident that the team is attempting to add something new.

** What is the primary reason behind the addition ? Again … it's obvious that someone has done a lot work to this. But some of it seems redundant to what already exists. Will the current system be removed in favor of this ??

** Are the benefits genuine enough to warrant the changes. (Particularly since the team really is making an effort to improve the game). I'm guessing that maybe this was an attempt to make some things easier to find ? I'm not sure if that is the end result though.

** Will the changes affect the current customizable format that most of us obviously enjoy a great deal. The current UI is REALLY nice... PLEASE don't mess it up ! From what I've seen the old system is still there and still just as easy to customize. Even the new addition was something I could move around and place where I wanted to

** Can we customize the new additions: placement and orientation to the relevance of necessity for me / size.

Again … seemed straight forward. But to be perfectly honest I'm not sure what the advantages might have been. I could have easily over looked something.

These are some basic questions for me at this point. I'm quite certain that there are some more that are better.

Again: I'm not trying to get on any ones case about this. I like the game.

But please: work with us on this !!

I added some more stuff in another color … my thoughts etc …

OH ! If there is something we are not seeing … I might suggest to please post some more questions for us to review. I'm not opposed to changes … that is inevitable in any game.

Also … if this is NOT the new component you are talking about … then I didn't see anything else new! (sorry that may sound a bit silly … but it's true ! )

Hello everyone!

With today's PTS update we have added a new welcome window. This window will highlight three different categories:

• Your next Crit Path Mission (or Generic Activity Finder if you don't have any)
  • The current Conquest (and your personal goal)
  • The featured Cartel Market Item

This feature is still being worked on, so some players may have issues with the chat window. If the chat window is minimized, it will not come back for the rest of the play session. Resetting the UI with ctrl+U will temporarily cause the chat window to come back, but it'll go away the as soon as you say something.

Let us know what your thoughts are with this new addition!

Edit … yes this was what I found.

It's not that bad … depends on what your total approach is going to be.

Not trying to be rude … so don't take it that way.

Hopefully my $.02 helps a little.

Again... if you are looking for additional perhaps more specific data / input please ask additional questions.

Edited by OlBuzzard

Still finding that this window auto-maximizes every time my character leaves a conversation, which is irritating and distracting.

If I may add to this:

**Smoother functionality .. and more consistent.

**Make sure we are still able to customize as we do the rest of the UI

**Just like the rest of the UI …. not everyone will use it the same. IMO … that is why customizable is a must.

ALSO : I'm guessing this is suppose to make finding groups and interfacing with the new CQ goals work better.... (maybe???)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Today, I couldn't even close the welcome window at first. Culprit is the _PlayerGUIState.ini file where the game seems to always write "GUI_WelcomeWindowIsOpen = false" even though it's open. Editing the file manually before starting the game works, but only until you log out. Anyway, seems like the game is going to remember the window's state permanently per character, which is good.

Now we just need back a way to close the social bar when we don't feel social. Don't forget that. Seriously, dont!

I like that the icon for the closed chat bar icon now fades out, so we no longer have it in cutscenes, but why include it in the chat window? Now it hovers somewhere in mid air when your chat window isn't in the upper left corner. It also should only fade in when we move the mouse around the invisible icon, not the whole chat-window-area. Why not simply add a chat-window-toggle to the social bar?

Anyway, please make the "closed social bar"-icon fade out as well, and let us move both, the chat window and the social bar fully to the corners of the screen. Having a gap between UI elements and the screen borders is triggering my OCD.

And next time you're looking for something to do UI-wise:

- Let us sort the companion list, add favorites, or at least put all our original class companions in one category.

- The tutorial window is empty when you open it while having a pending tutorial alert but also having alerts disabled.

- The conquest-winner and stronghold-name popups don't fade out properly (seems to be tied to your movement)

- The conquest objective popup comes too frequently, can't be disabled and can't be closed manually.

Edited by Mubrak