Do you think the Saboteur storylines are worth doing? Are they still ongoing?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I have a LS Warrior coming up on that area of the story soon, planning to get Acina killed at Iokath, but unsure if I wanna do the full on betrayal afterwards with Jedi Under Siege and stuff, kinda just wanna get Vowrawn on the throne haha. Wondering what the general thoughts about that storyline are? Does it make sense? Or is it painfully obvious you are being a traitor and nobody is saying crap about it? And has the storyline ended yet or is it still ongoing teasing us with possible faction changes? I know I could watch Youtube, but I hate that lol I'd rather just discuss it.

Always been Loyalist in the past so I've seen none of that story really

Thanks

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ll have to say they arent, at least in their current form unless we are given the choice to fully defect.

The current saboteur storyline is really silly, you keep failing again and again and it just looks so weird that nobody suspects you, you are acting rly incompetent and silly openly too so it is hard to be immersed.

More importantly they are still going but we havent been given the option to fully defect which is what could make the saboteur storyline worthwhile.

I would say it is definitely worth a watch to see how the enemy faction acts internally when it loses but not as a serious playthrough.

Edited by ralphieceaser

I ll have to say they arent, at least in their current form unless we are given the choice to fully defect.

The current saboteur storyline is really silly, you keep failing again and again and it just looks so weird that nobody suspects you, you are acting rly incompetent and silly openly too so it is hard to be immersed.

More importantly they are still going but we havent been given the option to fully defect which is what could make the saboteur storyline worthwhile.

I would say it is definitely worth a watch to see how the enemy faction acts internally when it loses but not as a serious playthrough.

Hmmm. I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm just also wondering if Theron likes me being an Imp saboteur since this Warrior has romanced him lol. But I think he'll just have to deal with an Imperial haha

Hmmm. I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm just also wondering if Theron likes me being an Imp saboteur since this Warrior has romanced him lol. But I think he'll just have to deal with an Imperial haha

Yes, you are given the option to mention to him that you are a saboteur so only him and Lana know the truth.

Though i am honestly wondering for how long Theron will be around, especially if you choose to make everyone in the alliance an imperial citizen

Edited by ralphieceaser

Yes, you are given the option to mention to him that you are a saboteur so only him and Lana know the truth.

Though i am honestly wondering for how long Theron will be around, especially if you choose to make everyone in the alliance an imperial citizen

Damn, so thats a point for doing it then since he actually acknowledges it... I dunno haha. I like this Warrior playthrough. I don't wanna make her look like an incompetent buffoon either.... screw it, I think I might take the plunge. I already got a Loyalist Warrior so why not I guess. Pity to betray Vowrawn tho I like him, my Loyalist doesn't have his old friend as Emperor :( Wasn't aware when I picked sides at Iokath that I'd be able to flip flop back to the Empire again... If only I'd known I'd have took the Pubside just to elevate Vowrawn for sure.... Does anything change majorly in your interactions with him if you are a saboteur, or does he blame any losses on the council members and Malgus...? Cos originally this playthrough was all about seeing him on the throne as a Warrior since I didn't make those choices previously haha. I hope being a saboteur doesn't override his "old friend" types of dialogues cos I wanna hear that stuff too haha

I don't think Bioware will ever be able to bring the Saboteur storylines to a satisfying conclusion. Chances are that the writers will have your chosen saboteur faction betray you and you'll be forced to work with your original faction.

:mad::mad::mad: This would be a rage-quit scenario, however this is probably exactly what will happen. You should screenshot your post for the "I told you so" that's coming.

As for the OPs question, don't bother with the saboteur story unless you're are curious and doing it on an alt you could probably delete; it's not done well and is barely mentioned later on. Most of us took it because we thought (stupidly) that we'd be able to switch sides :rolleyes:

:mad::mad::mad: This would be a rage-quit scenario, however this is probably exactly what will happen. You should screenshot your post for the "I told you so" that's coming.

As for the OPs question, don't bother with the saboteur story unless you're are curious and doing it on an alt you could probably delete; it's not done well and is barely mentioned later on. Most of us took it because we thought (stupidly) that we'd be able to switch sides :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've flip flopped back again since my last post, not doing it on this toon I like her too much, I don't wanna ruin my only female Warrior with a crap story choice haha. Luckily I still had lots of time until that story beat, still ain't there haha.

They seem silly but at least you have choices in their versions. I wanted to be LS inquisitor and my 'choices' are mass murderer or high body count. Why can't I just say no? I like the Empire better than the Republic but I want to change the Empire from within and not wipe out the Republic. I'm not a 'traitor'. I'm still Sith. I shouldn't have to be a Saboteur to get actual choices.

You mean ongoing I guess? Disappointing how? Like what has annoyed you about it, feel free to vent lol it'll help me decide to do it or not :p

Some choices make no sense (tying light or dark choices to the saboteur option). Some situations warrant a saboteur choice but it's not offered (end of the Secrets of the Enclave). And worst of all, there's no reward whatsoever for your character for being a saboteur. No recognition except from a couple of people. Nothing else. Whatever your reasons for my characters to join the other faction, it wasn't just for the fun of sabotaging the other side (well, apart from my DS knights I suppose). Mostly, it was to be able to have more freedom and not be defined by the rules of their sides... but they can't even get that because it's a secret. Stupid and annoying. My agent signed up for being a double agent, the others... really not. They want power and recognition and it's not happening.

The only thing I really enjoyed was some of the emails you get when you're an imperial saboteur, but that story line went away with Secrets of the Enclave.

But yeah, we'll see where it goes. I hope it actually goes somewhere.

Some choices make no sense (tying light or dark choices to the saboteur option). Some situations warrant a saboteur choice but it's not offered (end of the Secrets of the Enclave). And worst of all, there's no reward whatsoever for your character for being a saboteur. No recognition except from a couple of people. Nothing else. Whatever your reasons for my characters to join the other faction, it wasn't just for the fun of sabotaging the other side (well, apart from my DS knights I suppose). Mostly, it was to be able to have more freedom and not be defined by the rules of their sides... but they can't even get that because it's a secret. Stupid and annoying. My agent signed up for being a double agent, the others... really not. They want power and recognition and it's not happening.

The only thing I really enjoyed was some of the emails you get when you're an imperial saboteur, but that story line went away with Secrets of the Enclave.

But yeah, we'll see where it goes. I hope it actually goes somewhere.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find those emails to read outta interest? Like are they compiled in a thread anywhere? I've seen threads with romance letters and such in the past

So far Theron has been cool with my LS Imperial loyalist SW. I agree with what the others have said, the saboteur option makes you look like an incompetent buffoon/obviously betraying your faction and the faction are a bunch of incompetent buffoons. It's frustrating. So far the loyalist story is much better and makes more sense despite how much I want my SI and IA to defect to the Republic :(

So far Theron has been cool with my LS Imperial loyalist SW. I agree with what the others have said, the saboteur option makes you look like an incompetent buffoon/obviously betraying your faction and the faction are a bunch of incompetent buffoons. It's frustrating. So far the loyalist story is much better and makes more sense despite how much I want my SI and IA to defect to the Republic :(

Thanks! Useful information. I have a strong feeling if the faction change option ever does happen, it won't even matter if you did this crap anyways. You'll still be allowed to defect imo or too many people would moan about the requirements. It's the same idea as the time they had you "contact X faction" after Nathema (I think) but then you got another chance to choose AGAIN before Jedi Under Seige starts

Let's not forget: being an Imp (Pub) helping the Pub (Imp) side, going through a flashpoint and killing dozens of Pubs (Imps) but it is all fine, it is only a façade! And no one holds you responsible for these lives.

Let's not forget: being an Imp (Pub) helping the Pub (Imp) side, going through a flashpoint and killing dozens of Pubs (Imps) but it is all fine, it is only a façade! And no one holds you responsible for these lives.

That is quite realistic really, they even tell you they imply they are grunts so killing them off is an acceptable loss to the amount of damage you can cause via internal sabotage.

In other words the loss of those grunts is far smaller than the damage you can cause internally and that would be one of the few realistic parts of the saboteur storyline since any major power would be ok with that as long as their deep cover agent kept their cover.

I mean, it's literally what being a double agent/spy means.

It's just not what most of my saboteur characters had in mind when they decided to join the opposite faction.

"Worth" is a bit hard to apply I think, if you're into story roleplay it is more or less satisfying depending on the character in question.

For example with my LS Warrior and my neutral Hunter they'd prefer to defect officially instead of working as incognito. On the other hand with my LS Agent I find the content fits her character quite nicely, it's similar to the work she did previously when she chose to spy for the republic in the vanilla story.

I have as of yet had no republic defectors, I haven't really been able to play as a character I feel that would have the desire to defect. Even my profiteering smuggler draws the line at joining fully with the totalitarian regime.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

"Worth" is a bit hard to apply I think, if you're into story roleplay it is more or less satisfying depending on the character in question.

For example with my LS Warrior and my neutral Hunter they'd prefer to defect officially instead of working as incognito. On the other hand with my LS Agent I find the content fits her character quite nicely, it's similar to the work she did previously when she chose to spy for the republic in the vanilla story.

I have as of yet had no republic defectors, I haven't really been able to play as a character I feel that would have the desire to defect. Even my profiteering smuggler draws the line at joining fully with the totalitarian regime.

This is my issue, I don't feel any of my current characters would ever join the opposite faction, some barely tolerate their own. But as you said it works for a LS agent to swap sides, so that has actually been my plan now. Gonna just roll an agent soon and make them a saboteur, of course, that means a looooooooot of story to be done first tho. Starting from Hutta :/

Realistically how can missions keep failing with you in charge and you aren't suspected of treason? I mean the Jedi and Sith can't be that stupid right? They must suspect something? Maybe it will make sense eventually but right now it seems rather silly.

What's unrealistic is that you never failed before that. When playing saboteur, the excuse is that you often end up getting there too late, which is frankly more realistic than magically always getting somewhere just in time to prevent something from happening (which is basically the case in most stories so far).

I've found reasons to defect. My extremely selfish DS smugglers wanted to defect so that they could do whatever they want without Republic scrutiny. They figure that the Empire is easier to deal with on that part, and its officials easier to manipulate/blackmail/bribe. Both of them were pretty disappointed to end up double agents, I can tell you that. NOT what they had in mind for joining the Empire.

My DS Jedi, it was easy, apart from the consular one who still thinks that Jedi (and her, obviously) are better than eveyrone else, they just wanted to be allowed to do what they want without the Masters raining on their parade.

The DS trooper got pissed off at the Republic for being hypocrites, with what happened in the story, the Jorgan sub stories, and Saresh.

For the other side, I have a couple of LS Sith who just want to follow the light and are tired of Sith BS (but also some LS Sith who are still loyalist, want to change the Empire from within etc).

You can really play it in a lot of different ways, but yeah, unfortunately being a double agent doesn't fit what their intent was 90% of the time.

I mean, it's literally what being a double agent/spy means.

It's just not what most of my saboteur characters had in mind when they decided to join the opposite faction.

Plus our character is more of a one-person army/killing machine than some subtle spy (even the agent at this point) so IMO they'd be doing a lot more good for their new faction if they worked openly for them. They'd be able to go full force trying to eliminate key players, break enemy lines, etc...they WOULDN'T be complicit in or responsible for capturing or killing their own allies, their defection would be a huge boost to their new side's morale and a huge hit to their old side's morale, etc...How much good have we done sneaking around that we couldn't have done openly and with a more positive outcome?