I'm feeling 7.0 is the end

EllieAnne

This is different though. There hasn't been an expansion that shakes up every aspect of gameplay, even the levelling process, this much since they got rid of the old skill trees.

Exactly. Except for level-sync, this is the first time I really feel that this is a different game fundamentally than the one I started.

And now we are finding out that newbs get to pick their primary but established toons get screwed on that. Are you going to blow out and restart all your alts? I'm not.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Except for level-sync, this is the first time I really feel that this is a different game fundamentally than the one I started.

And now we are finding out that newbs get to pick their primary but established toons get screwed on that. Are you going to blow out and restart all your alts? I'm not.

LOL why wouldn't new players get to pick their primary? They literally need to create their initial character, just like you did. You realize you picked your primary too right?

Hopefully you guys are maining the class that you like to play the most... Right...?

Edited by SaerethDL

Yeah, it'll end some day. 10 years is a solid lifespan for an MMO already. If it weren't for the license expense(which would at some point make it more expensive to keep running than it's worth) they'd probably keep it running indefinitely like a few other old MMOs they've got. Non-license expenses are typically proportional to the player base.

I mean it's likely going to get cheaper to RUN, cause of the exclusivity license expiring with Bioware / EA (titles) that exist. Still with Ubisoft rumored to be now starting DEVELOPMENT on a new Star Wars Game, and most of their popular titles often work more similar to ESO; requiring a moderate initial investment, and then just buy things in store as desired.

Still that brings some new RISKS, yet also added rewards as license cost may be reduced.

Still I don't think it's a good, let alone wise, to so largely UPSET so many of the existing players! Still I try to remain hopeful as I really enjoyed most of the 6.0 experience! I don't feel that same vibe with 7.0 here, despite trying to be optimistic and hoping I'm wrong! *sigh*

Edited by Strathkin

Sure, there will always be doom sayers. But enough is enough. We had little communications from the team and they give us changes that messed up pretty much most classes. There are like pages of PTS feedback on classes, not sure if those will be listened consider the Frankeinstein work we had on the final PTS.

Will I stay? Probably for 1 month of sub just to get the stories.

I mean it's likely going to get cheaper to RUN, cause of the exclusivity license expiring with Bioware / EA (titles) that exist. Still with Ubisoft rumored to be now starting DEVELOPMENT on a new Star Wars Game, and most of their popular titles often work more similar to ESO does; requiring a moderate initial investment, and then just need to buy things in store.

Still that brings some new RISKS, yet also added rewards as license cost may be reduced.

Still I don't think it's a good, let alone wise, to so largely UPSET so many of the existing players! Still I try to remain hopeful as I really enjoyed most of the 6.0 experience! I don't feel that same vibe with 7.0 here, despite trying to be optimistic and hoping I'm wrong! *sigh*

They still have to pay licensing fees. That will never go away.

Well of course, it may just be less &/or a smaller cut % of sales.

Still I wished they revised more Weekly Missions for Vet/Master Flashpoints/Operations be limited to 75-80 content!

♦ Even if 75 Boss still award 270-306 Gear, at least doing the Weekly give 1 Gear Crate of Higher Item Level.

Might also encourage more, to try and run the more recent content more too! There's just going to be too little level 80 Content in Flashpoints & Operations at least until perhaps a year from now...

Edited by Strathkin

LOL why wouldn't new players get to pick their primary? They literally need to create their initial character, just like you did. You realize you picked your primary too right?

You know what I mean. New toons can take advantage of the new combat style system. Already made toon are stuck with the combat style tied to their character.

Maybe of the game, maybe not; but definitely for me.

I've been here since beta and from the sounds of it, 7.0 will end the last vestiges of the game I started with. They're nerfing conquest - the best addition they've made in the game in a long time, PvP has long since been killed off, crafting will now be worse than the joke it already is, people are already complaining about the new gearing system, etc.

I really think once 7.0 comes out I will have to ask, is it any fun to play this game anymore.

And yes, I know Bioware doesn't care.

Know whats really silly? to try to judge something before you have laid your hands on it. Now I get it. As a rule of thumb people dislike change in general. Its a subconscious thing built into all of us for some reason. So drastic change like this? Yeah kind of makes people freak out. Its just best to go into something new with an open mind and see how it plays out before making any judgement calls at all

It might.

As I said in a different thread, 2022 is going to be the year that this game needs to prove that it is worth EA's continued support. In many ways, 7.0 is the Hail Mary.

If it can't pull it's weight....A non-exclusive license is less expensive than an exclusive but it's still likely to run a few million. They won't sink a few million in if they're not likely to get it back.

As people have said, there are always these Doomsday threads. Is this one right? Due to the licensing situation, it might have more potential but we won't know until the end of this year. If they announce 8.0 at the end of this year, then everything went fine. If not....Cross that bridge when we get to it.

You know what I mean. New toons can take advantage of the new combat style system. Already made toon are stuck with the combat style tied to their character.

but its no different, the primary class they choose is locked in too. Seems like you chose the wrong class and now want two free re-rolls, that is not how it works. You already picked your primary class, now you get to choose a secondary class. Choose wisely this time.

Why would you need to? You've been playing your characters with their current abilities since whenever. Why now must you be able to change them? Why not create a new character to enjoy the new stuff? If you don't want to play the class story again there are level ups you can get to bypass. As a subscriber you are getting free Cartel Coins.

Why would you need to? You've been playing your characters with their current abilities since whenever. Why now must you be able to change them? Why not create a new character to enjoy the new stuff? If you don't want to play the class story again there are level ups you can get to bypass. As a subscriber you are getting free Cartel Coins.

Months ago, we were specifically told we would be able to switch our current live style. You're blaming players for taking them at their word? Or you just disagree they should want to?

Months ago, we were specifically told we would be able to switch our current live style. You're blaming players for taking them at their word? Or you just disagree they should want to?

The wording could have easily been interpreted to refer to the 2nd combat style rather than the initial one so there was never any 100% clear statement about that even though it was implied, but anyone smart never trust what is implied.

More importantly the moment the system was dropped in the PTS it was clear it was designed with limitations to existing characters in mind, people denying the blatantly obvious because they hoped what they interpreted from bioware's post would come to pass later had nobody to blame but themselves at that point.

Hopefully that teaches people to start caring about actions and consequences rather than words. Even if the devs genuinely want something, doesnt mean it can be achieved, and we are not even going into the area of companies promising roadmaps only to cancel them later, words have no value.

The wording could have easily been interpreted to refer to the 2nd combat style rather than the initial one so there was never any 100% clear statement about that even though it was implied, but anyone smart never trust what is implied.

More importantly the moment the system was dropped in the PTS it was clear it was designed with limitations to existing characters in mind, people denying the blatantly obvious because they hoped what they interpreted from bioware's post would come to pass later had nobody to blame but themselves at that point.

Hopefully that teaches people to start caring about actions and consequences rather than words. Even if the devs genuinely want something, doesnt mean it can be achieved, and we are not even going into the area of companies promising roadmaps only to cancel them later, words have no value.

The system was never really "dropped on the PTS". Everything we saw was a preliminary "work in progress". We still didn't see how force users will change our specs to the LS/DS flavor if we want to, for example, and as far as I know that's still happening. There are tons of things that are supposed to happen on 12/14 that we haven't seen or that we haven't seen the final version of on the PTS. This was the wording on BW's announcement news article:

"If you have an existing character when Legacy of the Sith launches, when you log into the game, you will be able to choose a Combat Style immediately. You can choose a Combat Style similar to your previous Advanced Class or choose something new. The choice is yours!"

This wasn't a yellow post or something posted in one of Jackie's colors, it was posted on 8/6 to the swtor website. I'm not saying BW shouldn't be able to change it or that it's some sort of crime against humanity, just that people have a right to be pissed about this last minute reversal because that's what it was. It doesn't affect me, I have well over 50 75s. I've played all the styles and all of the stories. But I can appreciate the perspective.

Edited by Savej

The system was never really "dropped on the PTS".

That is where the issue is, you are not able to understand design intend. Systems, the choices you are given, how it works are designed with intend in mind, when you see how the choices worked, the fact that tech users got no choice, the fact that force users were limited to only the mirror when it comes to their initial combat style, all that is evidence that it is intended for existing characters to be limited, that was the main proof we had.

Some then started making irrational statements like they are gonna create yet another system on top of what we ve seen in the PTS to change our initial combat style in login? Like why exactly do you think the devs would create 2 different systems for the same thing.

What we got into the pts, if though critically, reveals the intend which was to have existing characters be limited and there's many arguments for it, outside of the obvious technical issues, since it benefits bioware a lot if more people make new characters in 7.0 aka unrestricted characters so we are busy for a while.

I myself cant wait to start a powertech-sniper in the trooper story.

Again you need to trust words less, and think critically about actions you see.

That is where the issue is, you are not able to understand design intend. Systems, the choices you are given, how it works are designed with intend in mind, when you see how the choices worked, the fact that tech users got no choice, the fact that force users were limited to only the mirror when it comes to their initial combat style, all that is evidence that it is intended for existing characters to be limited, that was the main proof we had.

Some then started making irrational statements like they are gonna create yet another system on top of what we ve seen in the PTS to change our initial combat style in login? Like why exactly do you think the devs would create 2 different systems for the same thing.

What we got into the pts, if though critically, reveals the intend which was to have existing characters be limited and there's many arguments for it, outside of the obvious technical issues, since it benefits bioware a lot if more people make new characters in 7.0 aka unrestricted characters so we are busy for a while.

I myself cant wait to start a powertech-sniper in the trooper story.

Again you need to trust words less, and think critically about actions you see.

LOL! Is that supposed to make sense? "Use the force, trust your feelings!" How many loadouts were working on the PTS? What are your feelings saying about the release of loadouts on 12/14? Were weapons showing up in outfits? The outfit designer was being changed, I remember tinkering with the new ui. We were told they would but maybe weapons won't be addable now because we didn't see them on the PTS?

When someone posts words on an announcement/advertisement page about a service that people are paying for and then they reverse them (at the last minute) that is how legal action -can- happen. The wrong words in the wrong place matter far more than anything you think you saw on the PTS. Again, the quote I posted was not vague, it was very specific, it wasn't wrapped in any disclaimers and it was echoed in other places.

Edited by Savej

LOL! Is that supposed to make sense? "Use the force, trust your feelings!" How many loadouts were working on the PTS? What are your feelings saying about the release of loadouts on 12/14? Were weapons showing up in outfits? The outfit designer was being changed, I remember tinkering with the new ui. We were told they would but maybe weapons won't be addable now because we didn't see them on the PTS?

When someone posts words on an announcement/advertisement page about a service that people are paying for and then they reverse them (at the last minute) that is how legal action -can- happen. The wrong words in the wrong place matter far more than anything you think you saw on the PTS. Again, the quote I posted was not vague, it was very specific, it wasn't wrapped in any disclaimers and it was echoed in other places.

Lol you're wasting your breath. It wasn't vague at all, but that guy keeps arguing that people who believed it were fools. I think he just can't read.

100% agree. Imagine if Apple announces a new phone that is faster, but at the laat minute, change their mind. This is not freaking Shakespearean literature, where we can just sit down and try to think about how the words "implied".

7.0 is the best changes they could make to be on par with FF14. If you get more combat styles (via CM) you almost have the job system. Only restriction then would be force or tech user.

If it was me, at least 3 abilities per combat style would be gone, the ability bloat is too much.

Only thing missing is a proper debuff/buff tracker (like weakauras in WoW)

I'm a completely new player, I started Nov 2nd. I've done every single quest, (including the dailies, the exploration, and heroics) on every single planet, and completed one class story. I'm currently on KOTFE and I am truly enjoying the content. I've played Final Fantasy and WoW. I raided for years, done mythics, pvp, all of it, and I can say I understand the frustration of a veteran player. It's why I quit Wow. It's in a terrible state right now, and I needed to be enthralled again. SWTOR did that for me, I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I subbed and even though the content is incredibly easy (aside from master mode, and operations), the story is holding it all together. This is why I don't think this is the end. Combining the classes is an incredible idea, the thought of being able to do literally all the roles on one toon is just refreshing. Going through the expansions I can see the updates to adhere to the solo players. I still need to do that operation from Oricon, and I was so, so happy they didn't lock the end of Shadow of Revan with an OP. I'm a huge KOTOR fan so that was the best for me so far. I'm sure you guys have heard this all before ,so I'll keep it simple, and say I am new, and because I haven't been through the changes of what was good or bad like a vet, I see SWTOR in a different light. The light that all devs focus on it seems, in any game. If people like me keep coming, they won't stop and now with the combination of classes, they have the potential for new classes, new stories and so much more. WoW is on the back burner or completely off the stove, and if we didn't flock to Final Fantasy, we got to flock somewhere. The devs would be a fool not to do some grand updates and changes. They want to entice the new. I hate to say it, but years on a MMO will make anyone tired, doesn't matter what MMO it is.

This is just my opinion, hope everyone has a great day and may the force be with you :)

I read above that people were upset about the changes with the combat styles. It's unfortunate, but the technical side of completely changing thousands of toons is no simple task, so I'm not surprised that the primary style is staying in place. I wasn't even going to change my main combat style anyway. I only have one toon, so making another for a different combat style will be fine, again adhering to new players. It sucks I know, but I can't even count on one hand how many times Blizzard changed their mind. It's no surprise, just annoying and I get that. lol As far as bugs and issues with loadouts, I don't think any MMO has had a perfect expansion launch, people can't even log into Final Fantasy right now because of the influx of players.. trial and error folks. Ok, I've said my piece. I'm not going to edit this anymore. aha.

Edited by swtormisthios

7.0 is the best changes they could make to be on par with FF14. If you get more combat styles (via CM) you almost have the job system. Only restriction then would be force or tech user.

If it was me, at least 3 abilities per combat style would be gone, the ability bloat is too much.

Only thing missing is a proper debuff/buff tracker (like weakauras in WoW)

Just so I'm clear - you want the removal of abilities, but the addition of ease via a MOD ?

You've played WoW, this game in no way, shape, or form, has "button bloat" like they do.

Maybe of the game, maybe not; but definitely for me.

I've been here since beta and from the sounds of it, 7.0 will end the last vestiges of the game I started with. They're nerfing conquest - the best addition they've made in the game in a long time, PvP has long since been killed off, crafting will now be worse than the joke it already is, people are already complaining about the new gearing system, etc.

I really think once 7.0 comes out I will have to ask, is it any fun to play this game anymore.

And yes, I know Bioware doesn't care.

I'm feeling your thread will be locked soon

Just realized another way that 7.0 could harm the game.

One of the things that I've done since I maxxed out Gree/Rak rep is that I would still pop in the initial mission as a way to stop by and see if there is anybody that needs help in the time that I'm on planet. This way, I still get a bit of renown and the community (briefly) has one more person available to assist with the Gree Heroics/Rak Raid if someone needs assistance.

But, if I understand correctly after I hit level 80, there's no real point in doing it anymore I won't get anything off the initial missions except credits (that I don't need) and rep (which I'm maxxed at). As such, there's no gain in me just popping by. (Same thing applies to the on-rail space shooter but I imagine that few care about that.)

I imagine that I'm not the only one who does this which, if true, means that there is almost certainly going to be a pop. decrease for those two events as well. Sure, you could argue that I could just park my toon there and wait for something to come up but that strikes me to be as fun as waiting for a Star Fortress group on Odessen.

Probably another thing that the devs are overlooking, I guess.

Yeah, yeah, yeah .... Blah, blah blah.

4.0, er 5.0, er 6.0, no wait 7.0 .... yeah, that's it .... 7.1 is definitely the end, or maybe 7.2, definitely 8.0 ... 😂😂

(It's got to be correct sometime)

Damn you beat me to it.. I can't keep track of the amount of doomsayers I've seen on these forums through the years. Remember how 6.0 was a pipe dream and never gonna happen? People would literally laugh you off the forums for mentioning it, thinking they knew everything lol.

Just because they don't like the game anymore, doesn't mean it's in trouble necessarily.

And to the OP, I can have your stuff then yeah? Credit transfer, cheers!

Just realized another way that 7.0 could harm the game.

One of the things that I've done since I maxxed out Gree/Rak rep is that I would still pop in the initial mission as a way to stop by and see if there is anybody that needs help in the time that I'm on planet. This way, I still get a bit of renown and the community (briefly) has one more person available to assist with the Gree Heroics/Rak Raid if someone needs assistance.

But, if I understand correctly after I hit level 80, there's no real point in doing it anymore I won't get anything off the initial missions except credits (that I don't need) and rep (which I'm maxxed at). As such, there's no gain in me just popping by. (Same thing applies to the on-rail space shooter but I imagine that few care about that.)

I imagine that I'm not the only one who does this which, if true, means that there is almost certainly going to be a pop. decrease for those two events as well. Sure, you could argue that I could just park my toon there and wait for something to come up but that strikes me to be as fun as waiting for a Star Fortress group on Odessen.

Probably another thing that the devs are overlooking, I guess.

Yeah there'll be no point in doing any content that isn't a daily or weekly that actually gives gear upgrade parts.